Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Dulwich have got their 1st away win and 2nd win of the season, beating Slough 2-1, i think coming back from 1 down.
  • Options

Someone at welling has had it right off....

Or more possibly Concord.
    Either way, for Welling to be 2/1 then evens and win 5-0 makes you wonder?
    Being the fool I am, had Concord and they let me down on a decent accumulator
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

MarcusH26 said:

£10k seems very low for Niko, saw him a few times for Hendon and Leiston down at Worthing and always looked a cut above.

Only had one year left on his contract (we were lucky that he'd signed for two years as most of our players only sign a year or don't even have a contract). I think there will be significant add-ons in the deal. Just need him to do well now and get another move!!
    https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united/hartlepool-united-face-fight-to-keep-hold-of-star-striker-niko-muir-1-9321881
  • Options
    Maidstone have parted company with Manager Jay Saunders today. Absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Maidstone have parted company with Manager Jay Saunders today. Absolutely gutted.

Offered the Macclesfield job in the summer but turned it down. Now this. Football is not fair at times. It's all about the timing with a bit of luck thrown in.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I'm sure he'll find another decent job soon enough
  • Options
    cafckev said:

I think they'll regret that decision.
  • Options
    Wings up to 4th place
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Wings up to 4th place

Cracking game, especially 2nd half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the substitutions were spot on
  • Options
    Eastbourne Borough up to 3rd now. It will be difficult to overtake, Woking or Glenn Tamplin Fc.

Looking forward to getting down to the Boro on the 15th when they play Slough.

• Options

Eastbourne Borough up to 3rd now. It will be difficult to overtake, Woking or Glenn Tamplin Fc.

Looking forward to getting down to the Boro on the 15th when they play Slough.

Yes woking look unstoppable, but they often get above themselves, so hang in there.

My father went to Ebbsfleet v Fylde yesterday and said Fylde were by far the better side.
  • Options
    Apparently, Glenn Tamplin is trying to sell Billericay Town. He’s posted a statement on clubs website, but it has crashed due to volume.
  • Options

Apparently, Glenn Tamplin is trying to sell Billericay Town. He’s posted a statement on clubs website, but it has crashed due to volume.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BTFC?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Knew it would end in tears
  • Options
    Reading this the fans should be ashamed

If it caused his kids to be in floods of tears that is not acceptable
  • Options
    I can't see this ending well for Billericay
  • Options

Absolutely
  • Options
    The same Harry Wheeler who he sacked by text at half time and never let on the team coach to get home after the game.
    Blokes a fucking drama queen.
  • Options
    Also, don't see it being easy to sell a semi pro club with a £25k weekly wage bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018

I understand what you're saying but, judging by the interview he gave after the game,.I'd say he's off his nut here:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Interesting article about Hendon FC and a scheme for helping mentally-ill people on the BBC Football Web page (sorry, I can't get the link to copy properly).

The scheme was inspired by the sad loss of Dermot Drummy last year and it might be an initiative that could be followed by other clubs.

It's not related to the mental illness issue but the footnote story of Bontcho Guentchev turning up one night at training is true. He'd moved into Claremont Road just along from the old ground and came down to see what it was all about. Initially, the other players thought he was some strange foreign bloke taking the piss but when he started training they soon realised that he really was who he said he was....and just how good he was!

The BBC link.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45336260
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    clive said:

Simonsen said:

Interesting article about Hendon FC and a scheme for helping mentally-ill people on the BBC Football Web page (sorry, I can't get the link to copy properly).

The scheme was inspired by the sad loss of Dermot Drummy last year and it might be an initiative that could be followed by other clubs.

It's not related to the mental illness issue but the footnote story of Bontcho Guentchev turning up one night at training is true. He'd moved into Claremont Road just along from the old ground and came down to see what it was all about. Initially, the other players thought he was some strange foreign bloke taking the piss but when he started training they soon realised that he really was who he said he was....and just how good he was!

The BBC link.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45336260
    This is a great idea as someone who struggles on a day to day basis with Mental Health issues I know how important it is to get out.

Hence why i got my season ticket and why I went to the under 23 game monday.

I enjoy watching football and being couped up starring at the same 4 walls seriously can affect you if you struggle with mental health
  • Options
    Does anyone know how promotion to the Conference North / South works going forward?

Prior to this season you had the Northern | Southern | Isthmian Premier Division, six teams would be relegated from the Conference North and South with two being promoted from each of the Premier Divisions (one via the Play-Offs)

This season though there is the Southern Premier Division (Central) and Southern Premier Division (South) as well as the Northern and Isthmian Premier Divisions - Means that there will be eight promotion spots available in total for each of the four Divisions yet there seems to be only six teams relegated from the North / South still?
  • Options
    Billericay got a new manager this week. Was sacked within a few hours:

Tamplin welcomed the new arrival by adding him to the team Whatsapp chat at 2pm on Monday but he wasn't there for long.

Within a matter of hours, Watt was booted out of the group with the squad left scratching their heads.

At 5.20pm, Tamplin returned saying: "I've had to sack him bcoz he was slagging us off last year''.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/glenn-tamplin-sacked-new-billercay-1997558

I should be there with Dartford on Saturday, it should be a good time to play Billericay but it sounds like Dartford have been rubbish since mid-August.
  • Options
    Thats the side effects of cocaine.
  • Options
    After appointing Harry Wheeler as manager. Maidstone have just signed Simon Walton on a month long loan from Bill & Ricky today.