Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options

Conference fixtures are out.

Welling United v Dulwich Hamlet on the opening day!

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/fixtures/2018-08

Wings bar open from mid-day for those wishing to watch the Sunderland match beforehand.
  • Options
    A real indictment on the economics of Scottish football (and the way Salford is being run), when a player choose to move from a decent SPL club to our 5th tier.
  • Options

Crazy money really, no idea what the transfer fee was on top of the 4k a week they're paying him.

Also signed Danny Lloyd from Peterborough who was a regular for them in league one.

If that was Ebbsfleet some people here would be having a field day.
  • Options
    Has anybody been able to find the release of the Spartan South Midlands and Combined Counties fixtures?
  • Options

Has anybody been able to find the release of the Spartan South Midlands and Combined Counties fixtures?

Pretty sure they will be released on Monday 23rd at 9am
  • Options
    Badger said:

Pretty sure they will be released on Monday 23rd at 9am
    Cheers.

Assuming the opening day fixtures are on the 4th August, I am hoping for Cockfosters at home so I can watch the Sunderland game en route from work.
  • Options

Welling have re-signed Adam Coombes from Sutton until May 2020... thats a huge signing for them based on his goalscoring record last time he was at the club

Reports that he's gone to Billericay. Big blow for the Wings.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Welling have re-signed Adam Coombes from Sutton until May 2020... thats a huge signing for them based on his goalscoring record last time he was at the club

Aint reported... He's gone - Shame as he could have won Welling the League this year

• Options

Crazy money really, no idea what the transfer fee was on top of the 4k a week they're paying him.

£375k apparently.

Not sure how accurate that is though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Aint reported... He's gone - Shame as he could have won Welling the League this year

Hopefully they got a decent fee for him.
  • Options
    Well he was on a contract, not that it means much at this level.
    Desperately need a couple of decent strikers now.
    get used to this type of thing at this level.
    Done the same to Welling last year with Sutton. Only wasn't under contract then.
    My son had his photo taken with the whole team last year.
    As the year went on, it was like playing bingo with the photo.
  • Options

Crap
  • Options
    anybody going Rochester Utd v VCD tomorrow
  • Options
    Acab said:

Not a bad little ground, we had a couple in Rochester before the game two seasons ago.
  • Options
    Is Mark Goldberg bankrolling Welling these days? And does he have funds to support it?
  • Options

Bromley v Dulwich Hamlet today - 1-1 after 90 minutes, Hamlet won a penalty shootout 6-5 to take the Glyn Beverly Memorial Cup.

Decent match, the highlight of which was Roger Johnson losing his rag with the Bromley keeper and then having his penalty saved by Hamlet’s second-choice keeper. Still more gob than skill.

What an absolute plum that man is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Borehamwood issue statement on striker Morgan Ferrier.
    https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/football-must-win-this-one/
  • Options
    clive said:
    To put it bluntly... that is fucking brilliant from Boreham Wood

Agents like the new one representing Morgan Ferrier need to be turfed out of the game and if / when found guilty by the High Court should receive a lifetime ban from Football - Hopefully they wont be the first to release their behaviour like this!!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Vincenzo said:

Is Mark Goldberg bankrolling Welling these days? And does he have funds to support it?

Haven't spoken to him in a long time but last time I did he had investors linked to a property deal. That was a few years back and said deal didn't materialise so not a clue where he gets his cash from now - although I hear Wellings over 25 nights can get a bit lively these days and do very well financially.

Edit: It's over 30's.
  • Options

clive said:
    To put it bluntly... that is fucking brilliant from Boreham Wood

Agents like the new one representing Morgan Ferrier need to be turfed out of the game and if / when found guilty by the High Court should receive a lifetime ban from Football - Hopefully they wont be the first to release their behaviour like this!!
    Spot on.

Also Morgan Ferrier needs to apologise quickly and find himself a less greedy agent. AFC Wimbledon have already moved on to other targets so his agent has achieved nothing here.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Haven't spoken to him in a long time but last time I did he had investors linked to a property deal. That was a few years back and said deal didn't materialise so not a clue where he gets his cash from now - although I hear Wellings over 25 nights can get a bit lively these days and do very well financially.

Edit: It's over 30's.
    The new Millers
  • Options
    Acab said:

Went to Corinthians vs Rochester Utd this evening. Really good end to end game. 2-0. Rochester's no. 9, and captain, reminded me of the singer of Bad Manners - can't remember his name.
  • Options

Acab said:

Went to Corinthians vs Rochester Utd this evening. Really good end to end game. 2-0. Rochester's no. 9, and captain, reminded me of the singer of Bad Manners - can't remember his name.
    Buster Bloodvessel.

Not sure that was on his birth certificate though.
  • Options
    He was involved in Margate FC for years - dunno if he's still there.