Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Unlucky dartford. Tranmere v Boreham Wood on Saturday for a place in the football league. If Boreham Wood go up there will rival Morecambe for having the lowest attendances in league 2 next season

Do they have a rich owner? If not that's an incredible job to get them where they are with those attendances. For one game they got 319!
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/9vkCWA2yJT8

For the Hendon fella...that Zak Joseph scores a cracker in their semi final.
  • Options
    Thanks Falconwood.

I'm in that video.....right behind Joseph and Muir's shots. I went on a MIck Channon style run for Muir's goal!
  • Options

Grim day for us Darts fans. From being within a few moments of being crowned champions last week, to being outplayed at home for 45 minutes by Braintree yesterday. That was a huge kick in the balls, but too many silly results over the length of the season meant we miss out on the chance of promotion from a fairly weak National South.

I know its a bit off the cuff and without going back donkeys years, but how many times in recent seasons would 86 points be enough to get promotion. I recall when Charlton got 88 points in 98 we would have been automatically promoted about 12 times in the last 15 seasons etc.
  • Options

Kettering 122 goals and 97 points..............finished 4th.
    Weymouth 103 goals and 97 points...............5th.

Both knocked out in the play off semis.
  • Options
    Have a look at the Evostik South Premier Table

1. Hereford 113 points
    2. Kings Lynn Town 100 points
    3. Slough Town 99 points
    4. Kettering Town 97 points
    5. Weymouth 97 points

2nd to 5th probably win the league in a normal season.
  • Options
    Chris, well that was bit of a coincidence.
  • Options
    Wow thanks for that...assume the bottom clubs only got about 10 points.
  • Options
    Hartley Wintney are playing Cambridge City in the Evo-Stik League South, East Division Play-Off Final this afternoon at 3pm. Hartley have been great this season seeing as they have just got promoted.
  • Options
    Ebsfleet suffer playoff heartache
    Dartford suffer playoff heartache
    Charlton suf.........

Please no!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:

1. Hereford 113 points
    3. Slough Town 99 points
    5. Weymouth 97 points

Kings Lynn my hometown club - given our great home record you can guarantee we’ll go and lose at home to Slough today.

The manager, Ian Culverhouse, has brought in a good few ex-Norwich youngsters through his connections, and we even had Grant Holt play about 5 games back in the autumn before he controversially jumped ship.

Decided not to head home for today as I think Charlton playoff nerves will be enough to deal with for one week!
  • Options
    Worth having a look at the whole table.

Screenshot 2018-05-07 10.34.53

Surprisingly (for me) the bottom team still got 17 and it rises quite sharply from there. Do they get 5 points for a win in the Evo Stick? :wink:
  • Options

Ebsfleet suffer playoff heartache
    Dartford suffer playoff heartache
    Charlton suf.........

Please no!

My other team Cowdenbeath are in the play off final to retain their league status next Saturday...drew first leg away 0-0.
  • Options

Kettering 122 goals and 97 points..............finished 4th.
    Weymouth 103 goals and 97 points...............5th.

Both knocked out in the play off semis.
    That’s crazy
  • Options
    matt88 said:

iaitch said:

1. Hereford 113 points
    3. Slough Town 99 points
    5. Weymouth 97 points

Kings Lynn my hometown club - given our great home record you can guarantee we’ll go and lose at home to Slough today.

The manager, Ian Culverhouse, has brought in a good few ex-Norwich youngsters through his connections, and we even had Grant Holt play about 5 games back in the autumn before he controversially jumped ship.

Decided not to head home for today as I think Charlton playoff nerves will be enough to deal with for one week!
    I went to Bromley v Barrow the other week and Grant Holt was on the bench for Barrow
  • Options
    Stig said:

Surprisingly (for me) the bottom team still got 17 and it rises quite sharply from there. Do they get 5 points for a win in the Evo Stick? :wink:

Miracle from Gosport.

2 wins in 43 league games.

Then won their last 3 games 7-0, 2-0 and 4-0 to stay up!
  • Options
    They scored over 25% of their seasons goals in the last three games.

Three clean sheets with the worst defence in the league.

Football is a bit crazy at times.

• Options

Stig said:

Miracle from Gosport.

iaitch said:

I'd describe that as suspicious rather than crazy.
    Who was the team that lost 7-0 to them? Seems a bit convenient, especially as, without the 7-0 (and the 4-0), the goal difference if Dunstable had won their last game would have been VERY tight.
  • Options
    matt88 said:

iaitch said:

1. Hereford 113 points
    3. Slough Town 99 points
    5. Weymouth 97 points

Usain Bolt, Bolt, Bolt He's better than Gra-ant Holt He's a six foot five big dolt Usain Bolt, Bolt, Bolt
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Unlucky dartford. Tranmere v Boreham Wood on Saturday for a place in the football league. If Boreham Wood go up there will rival Morecambe for having the lowest attendances in league 2 next season

Do they have a rich owner? If not that's an incredible job to get them where they are with those attendances. For one game they got 319!
    If Boreham Wood go up, will it be the first time one team from Hertfordshire has replaced another (kind of) in the league?

Also Boreham Wood FC play in a town called Borehamwood - slightly odd...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hartlepool have a Director of Football. Do we have anyone with that remit?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Saw Harley Wintney beat them in the FA trophy 3-0 this season...a few years ago they were in that final.
  • Options

Stig said:

Miracle from Gosport.

iaitch said:

Who was the team that lost 7-0 to them? Seems a bit convenient, especially as, without the 7-0 (and the 4-0), the goal difference if Dunstable had won their last game would have been VERY tight.
    http://www.fansfocus.com/leagues/_/southern-league/premier-division-8/#grid
  • Options

Stig said:

Miracle from Gosport.

iaitch said:

Having looked into it (busy day here), it was Frome they beat 7-0. Frome apparently had a severe injury crisis and could only field 10 players.

Then after that Gosport beat Dunstable (who were bottom) 2-0 to move level going into the last day of games.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Hartlepool have a Director of Football. Do we have anyone with that remit?

Yes. His name is Roland Duchatalet.
  • Options
    Sorry I meant anyone capable with that remit.
  • Options
    Now I know why it's a called the Evo-Stick league. They aren't the sponsors, they're the suppliers of choice.
  • Options
    1-1, second half of extra-time at Dulwich has just started. Agonising.
  • Options
    Going to penalties in Dulwich v Hendon. Shaping up to be a classic Hamlet bottle job again... 3,300 here, including plenty of Hendon. They’ll deserve it if they win.