Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Well played Gravesend and Northfleet
  • Options
    Well done the mighty Ebbsfleet yub a dub a doo tougher one next up.
  • Options

Quite some going, 3 hours for a game of football.

I assume VAR must have been used (if it wasn't) would have been 4hours.
  • Options
    There was an injury which took a while apparently. I believe it was an Ebbsfleet player but don't know who.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet also missed a pen in the 2nd half. (Kedwell)
  • Options
    Dartford to play Braintree in SF of play off in Nat League South on Sunday. 3pm kick off.
  • Options
    drama to say the least. really thought they had blown it with Kedwell messing up his penalty. being a goal down with ten mins left in extra time but then coming back from that in the last couple of minutes and to top it all off being 3-1 down in the shoot out to come back and win it. great result.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

There was an injury which took a while apparently. I believe it was an Ebbsfleet player but don't know who.

it was an Aldershot player. to do with his shoulder apparently. had to go to hospital.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Good. That twatty Aldershot manager who can't chew with his mouth shut was celebrating at 3-1. Well done Ebbsfleet, shame about the extra time though ahead of Tranmere.

Yeah Gary waddock. Not that keen on him eiyher.Ex QPR manager and player. I think he used to play for the spanners an all.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Good. That twatty Aldershot manager who can't chew with his mouth shut was celebrating at 3-1. Well done Ebbsfleet, shame about the extra time though ahead of Tranmere.

Yeah Gary waddock. Not that keen on him eiyher.Ex QPR manager and player. I think he used to play for the spanners an all.
    Yep, retired after injury at QPR and got a payout from the insurers then ended up playing abroad but came back to Millwall and they had to pay the insurers back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2018
    Anyone seen my voice?

That was mental.

That team just don’t know when to give up. 90 mins from Wembley, let’s hope it’s two trips in the next few weeks. Going to be tough on Sat.

• Options
    Massive choke from Aldershot.

Love to know who were the 4 Shots outfield players that bottled taking a penalty....

Is their Kinsella our Mark's son?
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Massive choke from Aldershot.

Love to know who were the 4 Shots outfield players that bottled taking a penalty....

Is their Kinsella our Mark's son?

Not sure... Liam Kinsella is definitely his son yet is with Walsall

Lewis Kinsella (Aldershot) came through the Villa youth team and has played for Colchester so his career path sounds like he's another relative, yet on Mark's Wiki page it only says he's father to Liam and Alice
  • Options
    One of Mark's sons plays for Warrington Town, who ironically scored against Ebbsfleet in the FA trophy game a few months earlier.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

There's a 5 minute interview with him on Aldershot TV and he is chewing his gum whilst trying to give an interview. Not one word of credit to Ebbsfleet. I live in Hampshire and know a few shots fans. they still think their the premier club in this league.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

There's a 5 minute interview with him on Aldershot TV and he is chewing his gum whilst trying to give an interview. Not one word of credit to Ebbsfleet. I live in Hampshire and know a few shots fans. they still think their the premier club in this league.
    What, bigger than Tranmere or Orient or Hartlepool? I've never knowingly met a Shots fan, though know several Torquay fans in London
  • Options
    rananegra said:

RedPanda said:

What, bigger than Tranmere or Orient or Hartlepool? I've never knowingly met a Shots fan, though know several Torquay fans in London
    Yes indeed, they think other national league clubs are beneath them.
  • Options

rananegra said:

RedPanda said:

Yes indeed, they think other national league clubs are beneath them.
    I admire their achievements as a kind of "Hampshire AFC Wimbledon" but I think Waddock has delusions of grandeur if he considers Aldershot to be the 'biggest' club in the National League.

I'd add Wrexham, Torquay and Macclesfield to the list @rananegra made as well and even a growing Dover and Ebbsfleet themselves arguably.
  • Options
    Welling United have parted company with Jamie Coyle as first-team manager.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Welling United have parted company with Jamie Coyle as first-team manager.

Welling manager Jamie Coyle has left the position (although he’s still part of the academy)

Going to have to be quicker than that

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dulwich v Hendon on Monday at Tooting in the play off final.

Went to Hendon tonight and they blew away Folkestone 4-0.

Dulwich beat Leiston 1-0.

Two great old clubs in the final.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Was at the Dulwich match, 1st half was a relatively even affair and I was pretty convinced it was going to ET & penalties.

Dulwich goal is probably one of the best I've seen all season.

Hopefully Dulwich will win on Monday, but Hendon will be a tough test and sounds like they played better than Dulwich last night.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Simonsen said:

Was at the Dulwich match, 1st half was a relatively even affair and I was pretty convinced it was going to ET & penalties.

Dulwich goal is probably one of the best I've seen all season.

Hopefully Dulwich will win on Monday, but Hendon will be a tough test and sounds like they played better than Dulwich last night.
    Hendon play 4-3-3 and the front four of Nathaniel-George, Muir, Joseph and Walker have something like 90 goals between them this season. All four scored last night.

The dodgy pitch at Tooting won't help Hendon's passing style. They normally go fairly direct for runners but around the box it's all on the floor and rarely do they sling crosses in hoping for headers. I think the front four have only scored one, maybe two headers all season!

The crowd should be huge on Monday and at least if Hendon don't win, we'll get 40% of quite a lot! (and believe me, we need it every bit as much as Dulwich because our crowds are normally so low and we don't get any income from the bar).
  • Options
    Hopefully, it will be third time lucky for Tranmere in the play offs. Been backing them throughout the season to get promoted and hopefully they can see off Ebbsfleet.
  • Options

Hopefully, it will be third time lucky for Tranmere in the play offs. Been backing them throughout the season to get promoted and hopefully they can see off Ebbsfleet.

hopefully not. good support as always for the home lot though.

be tough for fleet today just a couple of days after their three hour game v Aldershot. Half man Half Biscuit will be there supporting the home team.
  • Options
    What a header. Tranmere have been all over the fleet but a great cross and header by Coulson gives fleet the lead
  • Options
    1-1 at HT
  • Options
    Now 2-2
    Real battle going on up there.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    After Ebbsfleet going to penalties 3 days ago, if it goes to extra time I can see Tranmere scoring 1 or 2 goals in Extra Time
  • Options
    Full Time
    Tranmere 2-2 Ebbsfleet

Extra Time coming