Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    If the stat of 11 Tranmere corners to 0 for Ebbsfleet is anything to go by it's all Tranmere but the Fleet have got it to extra time and can hopefully hold out for another penalty lottery or even nick a goal.

Bollocks I've talked them out! 3-2 Tranmere
  • Options
    very good free kick. the subs who have come on for ebbsfleet have been poor. be good to get a late equaliser but they struggle to make a chance. no support for Kedwell up front.
  • Options
    4-2
  • Options

After Ebbsfleet going to penalties 3 days ago, if it goes to extra time I can see Tranmere scoring 1 or 2 goals in Extra Time

As I said
    4-2 Tranmere now
  • Options
    massive mistake by the goalie. 4-2 Tranmere are going to Wembley.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    now a red card for ebbsfleet. harsh. ref should of controlled it after a reckless challenge by a Tranmere player. emotions are high.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    If Ebbsfleet get a goal back I can see this ending up with 3 red cards.
  • Options

now a red card for ebbsfleet. harsh. ref should of controlled it after a reckless challenge by a Tranmere player. emotions are high.

yes Dave Winfield sent off..missed half the season through injury...Never the less a great effort from Ebbsfleet they have learned from the second half of the season what it takes, and hopefully they can go one step further next season.
  • Options
    Finished
    Tranmere 4-2 Ebbsfleet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    better team won it in the end. hopefully what you @Chippycafc say this becomes a learning curve to know how to tackle next season and push on.

surprised and pleased that the tranmere fans didn't have a pitch invasion.
  • Options

better team won it in the end. hopefully what you @Chippycafc say this becomes a learning curve to know how to tackle next season and push on.

surprised and pleased that the tranmere fans didn't have a pitch invasion.

I am at work and trying to catch up as it went on...sounds like Tranmere deserved it but still a great effort from Ebbsfleet. Only issue is my relief tonight supports Tranmere.
  • Options
    Commiserations to Ebsfleet

I still find it shocking that Tranmere fell out of the League, thinking back to their excellent teams in the 90s (Aldridge, Nevin etc), and almost reaching the PL. With their position as Merseyside's 3rd club, they should never have fallen so far
  • Options
    Chesterfield were playing in the league one play offs in May 2015. Sometimes it’s just very difficult to stop the rot.
  • Options
    Good luck to Dartford today, hope they win after they had the championship snatched away from them by a last minute goal from Havant last weekend, be nice to see a big crowd up there, Braintree are an in form team as well winning 5 of there last 6 games and drawing the other, whereas the Darts have won there last six,
  • Options

I still find it shocking that Tranmere fell out of the League, thinking back to their excellent teams in the 90s (Aldridge, Nevin etc), and almost reaching the PL. With their position as Merseyside's 3rd club, they should never have fallen so far

Don't really know what happened but must've been some serious mismanagement. I remember them reaching the league cup final around 99-00 and they always seemed to have good FA Cup runs as well.
  • Options
    Unlucky Gravesend
  • Options
    Good luck to all the local teams in the play offs.
  • Options

Don't really know what happened but must've been some serious mismanagement. I remember them reaching the league cup final around 99-00 and they always seemed to have good FA Cup runs as well.
    They were one of the worst teams to watch at The Valley when their physio was the manager. Time wasting from the off, feigning injury and every spoilers trick in the book.

That said I was amazed too when they were relegated to the Conference or whatever they call it now. National league I think.
  • Options
    Dartford have had the better chances but need to hit the target a bit more or they'll be punished. Braintree have a Bikey like bloke at the back bullying their forwards. I s'pose Braintree will tire more as the game goes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Braintree winning 1-0 with 2 minutes left
  • Options
    Hampton v Braintree in the final. 4th v 7th. Doubt many had that in their predictions
  • Options
    Gutted

That's where the playoff system can feel so unfair, when one team is 17 points is ahead of the other, and indeed 12 points ahead of 3rd

(not that I'll be complaining if Charlton beat Shrewsbury of course)
  • Options

Gutted

That's where the playoff system can feel so unfair, when one team is 17 points is ahead of the other, and indeed 12 points ahead of 3rd

Perfectly fair .
    All teams are aware of the rules before the season starts.
    Also plenty of games that would be meaningless without the playoffs become very important.
    Without the playoffs our recent games against Shrewsbury,Pompy and Blackburn would have been nothing games but because of the playoffs they will live long in the memory.
  • Options
    Dartford were terrible in that second half, you'd have thought they'd played midweek. Braintree were deserved winners.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Dartford were terrible in that second half, you'd have thought they'd played midweek. Braintree were deserved winners.

Yep - Darts clueless 2nd half playing hoof ball which the Braintree number 5 (who must be nearly 7ft !!!) gobbled up

Very disappointing - oh well at least we can enjoy a visit by glen tamplin and his mob next season
  • Options

Gutted

That's why i think they should use the IPL method of play offs. i.e 2nd plays 3rd for a place in the final. loser goes into a semi-final spot.

4th plays 7th and 5th plays 6th. The winners of those ties play each other and then that winner plays the loser of 2nd v 3rd. I know that would be a couple more games but think that would be fairer. All single one off games played on the home pitch of the higher placed club.
  • Options

Gutted

That's why i think they should use the IPL method of play offs. i.e 2nd plays 3rd for a place in the final. loser goes into a semi-final spot.

4th plays 7th and 5th plays 6th. The winners of those ties play each other and then that winner plays the loser of 2nd v 3rd. I know that would be a couple more games but think that would be fairer. All single one off games played on the home pitch of the higher placed club.
    That system seems ok but just do away with 6th and 7th.

2nd v 3rd for a place in the final

4th v 5th play off
    winner of 4th v 5th plays loser of 2nd v 3rd for a place in the final
  • Options
    Unlucky dartford. Tranmere v Boreham Wood on Saturday for a place in the football league. If Boreham Wood go up there will rival Morecambe for having the lowest attendances in league 2 next season
  • Options
    Grim day for us Darts fans. From being within a few moments of being crowned champions last week, to being outplayed at home for 45 minutes by Braintree yesterday. That was a huge kick in the balls, but too many silly results over the length of the season meant we miss out on the chance of promotion from a fairly weak National South.