Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CL weekend Lycra warriors thread (cycling)

Comments

• Options
    @SE_7EVEN ... Bike is fine thanks - handlebars knocked askew but that was it...most damage was to my shoulder and ego..  I tend not to work on Fridays, so aim to get down there after school run...so 9.15ish for a couple of laps..  Not been for a least 3 weeks now, so hoping to get down this week...will post on here if I am and maybe see you down there.
    Cheers for heads up Charlie, I'm not around this weekend but noted for the future. 
    Will do the same if heading down there. 👍
  • Options
    No service at the bar.

• Options
    Any zwift/ sufferfest users on here? I have a new computer with window S installed that won't  allow me to download them, unless I change to another version  of Windows 10.
    Will doing  so end the world for my computers security.
    Yes I could go out a ride in the pissing rain.
    Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    Any zwift/ sufferfest users on here? I have a new computer with window S installed that won't  allow me to download them, unless I change to another version  of Windows 10.
    I used to purchase and download Sufferfest Videos however I have recently looked into this to refresh my collection and it seems they have move to a subscription service. It works out about £11.00 a month and you can stream any video from the site, but not download and keep.
  • Options
    ESMike  sounds like a plan, I only use a few HIT session when it's raining.
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    Not sure what you mean here. The latest version of Windows is MORE secure, by its very definition, than earlier versions? What version of Windows 10 are you running? This isn't going to be because of Zwift or the Sufferfest - if you can't download and install them, that's a Windows issue. 
  • Options
    Am using FulGaz's trainign programme at the moment to try and shift some of the lockdown weight and get my FTP back up to something reasonable....wish me luck...

Also went out on my Santa Cruz last night for the first time in weeks and weeks...25km of muddy, slippy, brutal (in places) single track, wooded descents and bridle paths disguised as quagmires...excellent fun but blimey I ache today....
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Am using FulGaz's trainign programme at the moment to try and shift some of the lockdown weight and get my FTP back up to something reasonable....wish me luck...

Also went out on my Santa Cruz last night for the first time in weeks and weeks...25km of muddy, slippy, brutal (in places) single track, wooded descents and bridle paths disguised as quagmires...excellent fun but blimey I ache today....
    Aye, I saw that. Not been out on the gravel bike for a while, planning on getting out this weekend since the weather is shite.

Won a zwift race last night and was second on Tuesday... But been upgraded to A, so that's the end of my interest in Zwift racing for another year 😂
  • Options
    conditions were pretty atrocious yesterday @Leroy Ambrose as we had an incredible downpour late in the afternoon to build on the already bad state of the lanes etc... in the woods wasn't so bad as the trees provided cover, but the 'sniper roots' that shoot out of the ground to push your wheels off course were particularly treacherous and slippery last night...I had to put my feet down a few times...as for the bridle paths....thank f**k for fat arse Maxxis tyres is all I can say...

Well done on the zwift but yes...maybe time to eat a few pies instead!
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    ESMike  sounds like a plan, I only use a few HIT session when it's raining.
    I am just about to kick on with indoor turbo training and will be signing up with Sufferfest so when I do I will post an update.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just ordered these bad boys: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-cross-king-cx-folding-tyre?sku=100332874 

Decided it was time after slipping on my 28c semi-slicks in the mud Sunday. Have sprained my clavicle which is... rather painful. 
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    Not sure what you mean here. The latest version of Windows is MORE secure, by its very definition, than earlier versions? What version of Windows 10 are you running? This isn't going to be because of Zwift or the Sufferfest - if you can't download and install them, that's a Windows issue.

Window S which only allows you to download from the Microsoft Store. MS give it big licks saying stay with windows S if you want a more secure laptop.
    I had a read up and a zwift forum said they removed W S, and all,s ok.
    Smashed a sufferers session looking out at the pouring  rain.
    Cheers all
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    SE_7EVEN said:

Window S which only allows you to download from the Microsoft Store. MS give it big licks saying stay with windows S if you want a more secure laptop.
    I had a read up and a zwift forum said they removed W S, and all,s ok.
    Smashed a sufferers session looking out at the pouring  rain.
    Cheers all
    Ah I missed the fact it was Windows S (which stands for 'Windows Shit') 

Upgrade to a real version of Windows - Windows S is basically turning your computer into a phone. 
  • Options
    Fell off again, these tyres can't get here quick enough :joy:

This time it was taking a corner on wet leaves. Luckily I fell on the other side this time, got a lovely elbow graze. 

• Options
    EastStand said:
    Fell off again, these tyres can't get here quick enough :joy:

This time it was taking a corner on wet leaves. Luckily I fell on the other side this time, got a lovely elbow graze. 

Absolutely the worst time of year to ride. Wet leaves, acorns, conkers, grit on the road, mud run-off from fields - it's a nightmare. I start riding inside from about early October, and only go out when it's bone dry
  • Options
    Farage is just looking for the next nasty bandwagon to jump on now his paymaster in the US is going and Brexit is 'done' :wink:

Hence positioning himself with the tinfoil hat wearing anti-lockdown lot. Drivers are more likely to be firmly amongst the gammon brigade, so it makes perfect sense for him. Nasty fucking reptile of a man.
  • Options
    Thinking about selling my Basso Loto 105. In great condition apart from some cat scratch damage to the handlebar tape. Has new Shimano MTB pedals and carbon bottle cage fitted.

First thing I need to do is ascertain an approximate value, hence this post. It was around £1500 when new, and full spec can be found at the link below.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/basso-loto-105-2013
  • Options
    Given that it's seven years old and 10 speed, you're probably looking at about 400-450 quid. For reference, I sold my 2016 Synapse with Ultegra for £750 four months ago
  • Options
    SE_7EVEN said:
    Must have been sent or linked to this twenty times in the past week - and laughed every time. Whoever wrote that is definitely a cyclist 😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ditto, my bpm went up when jonny Williams came off last week B)
  • Options
    Given that it's seven years old and 10 speed, you're probably looking at about 400-450 quid. For reference, I sold my 2016 Synapse with Ultegra for £750 four months ago
    Thanks, for that money I'm best off just keeping it and try to increase my mileage to the point where the value of the bike is met
  • Options
    Thanks, for that money I'm best off just keeping it and try to increase my mileage to the point where the value of the bike is met
    Yep, definitely the right plan
  • Options
    Don't suppose anyone can recommend a bike fit in SW London? 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    colthe3rd said:
    Bicycle in Richmond have a great lab and get my recommendation* https://www.bicyclerichmond.co.uk

I have used Pearson in East Sheen and Velosport. Pearson were good - Velosport felt a bit Heath Robinson. Bicycle are set up to a different level.

To be honest here it’s my wife’s recommendation as Bicycle are the only one of the three above I haven’t used. To qualify this - she’s the owner of a couple of custom Parlee Z Zeros and a way more accomplished rider (top 100 women in the Etape every time). She has also had bike fits at Bespoke (who specced both bikes) and abroad whenever changing parts.

I don’t know if this is the right part of SW London for you but that’s my tuppence worth.

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Bicycle in Richmond have a great lab and get my recommendation* https://www.bicyclerichmond.co.uk

I have used Pearson in East Sheen and Velosport. Pearson were good - Velosport felt a bit Heath Robinson. Bicycle are set up to a different level.

To be honest here it’s my wife’s recommendation as Bicycle are the only one of the three above I haven’t used. To qualify this - she’s the owner of a couple of custom Parlee Z Zeros and a way more accomplished rider (top 100 women in the Etape every time). She has also had bike fits at Bespoke (who specced both bikes) and abroad whenever changing parts.

I don’t know if this is the right part of SW London for you but that’s my tuppence worth.

Your wife's initials aren't MS are they, by any chance? 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I know it from Francis Cade's YouTube, it's a bit further than I was hoping for, I'm more round Balham/Clapham but it's not that far to ride over there. 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Sigmasport in Hampton wick.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Sigmasport in Hampton wick.
    Not used Sigma myself but lots of mates are dedicated users (of Sigma that is).