Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CL weekend Lycra warriors thread (cycling)

Comments

• Options
    I was running , in the gym opposite on a treadmill. Realised it was you straight away.
  • Options
    Out of Ride London, trapped nerve in neck/shoulder is causing me no ends of grief, can't hold the handlebars for long periods, and its effecting me squeezing on the breaks.
  • Options
    Shitty luck. Can you defer your place?
  • Options

Shitty luck. Can you defer your place?

Sadly not, as I deferred from last year to keep the wife happy. Have to try the luck on the ballot next year or go via the charity route.
  • Options
    That's really bad luck. Can you sell the place to a mate?
  • Options
    Yep, proper pissed off about it. Working on that now, too short a notice for a lot of people. If anyone here wants it, let me know.
  • Options
    Pretty sure you'll be able to sell it at face value in minutes - thousands of people wanted a place but didn't get it so you should have no trouble getting shot of it
  • Options
    Shame, had I been cycling another month or two I would have had that off you! been a while since I done my last century!
  • Options
    Leave for London to Paris on Weds and bike is currently in the repair shop having the big ring replaced. Praying this temp drops off before departure.

Still looking for sponsorship if anyone is feeling generous.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Tim-Chick1
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Shame, had I been cycling another month or two I would have had that off you! been a while since I done my last century!

Decent ride as well, if you're out early enough to avoid the choppers. I'd have done it but it's club 50 mile TT champs that day
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a 7am start time, so you'll be well clear of the plodders.

Where's best to shift it then?
  • Options
    Creaky saddle.
    Driving me bonkers. Must take it off and give it a good clean. And the seatpost in case it's that.
  • Options

Leave for London to Paris on Weds and bike is currently in the repair shop having the big ring replaced. Praying this temp drops off before departure.

Getting stressed now. Bike has got to go back in again tomorrow. Now saying all the ahifting cables need replacing as well.

Fingers crossedthat solves the issue because at the moment I pick a front ring and have to stay on it. Can't see me making it all the way to Paris without using the small ring at some point. Cutting it very fine now.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

Getting stressed now. Bike has got to go back in again tomorrow. Now saying all the ahifting cables need replacing as well.

Fingers crossedthat solves the issue because at the moment I pick a front ring and have to stay on it. Can't see me making it all the way to Paris without using the small ring at some point. Cutting it very fine now.
    What size is it? The bike?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Rothko said:

Its a 7am start time, so you'll be well clear of the plodders.

Where's best to shift it then?

Local clubs? Maybe bikeradar? Facebook?

Plodder is a relative term - I was off at 6:20 last year and I still missed all the fast groups and had to solo 75% of the route
  • Options
    Clem, dont know where you take your bike to be serviced but Ian Barclay at http://www.bexleycyclemechanic.co.uk/ has serviced my bikes in the past and would recommend him.

He'll have your gears purring in no time.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Clem, dont know where you take your bike to be serviced but Ian Barclay at http://www.bexleycyclemechanic.co.uk/ has serviced my bikes in the past and would recommend him.

Will remember this in future. Too late to shop around now. Sidcup are usually fine, just sods law it happened so close to the trip departure. I'm confident they will sort it tomorrow.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Will remember this in future. Too late to shop around now. Sidcup are usually fine, just sods law it happened so close to the trip departure. I'm confident they will sort it tomorrow.
    Good luck with the repair and the ride.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Creaky saddle.
    Driving me bonkers. Must take it off and give it a good clean. And the seatpost in case it's that.

The relief! A quiet bike. Bliss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Completed day 1 of London to Paris. 83 miles and 5000ft of climbing. Holy shit, miles 53 to 62 were like torture. One 6 mile climb felt like it was vertical. On the plus side we get to ride onto the ferry.

Just keep eating and you'll be fine :-)
  • Options

Completed day 1 of London to Paris. 83 miles and 5000ft of climbing. Holy shit, miles 53 to 62 were like torture. One 6 mile climb felt like it was vertical. On the plus side we get to ride onto the ferry.

So it's like crossing the river at Woolwich!
  • Options

6 mile climb? Where the hell did you find that between London and Dover???
  • Options

6 mile climb? Where the hell did you find that between London and Dover???
    Misread my Garmin. It was actually 3.5 miles. Not sure of the exact location, all I know it was between lunch and the last drinks stop and had 3 hairpin turns on bonkers gradients.
  • Options
    Only hills of any real distance on that route are just outside Charing (evil swine) and Dover Hill (long and steep in places). Probably one of those. Good news though - there aren't any hills like that on the other side of the channel - a couple of drags, but nothing spiteful.

Chapeau!
  • Options

Only hills of any real distance on that route are just outside Charing (evil swine) and Dover Hill (long and steep in places). Probably one of those. Good news though - there aren't any hills like that on the other side of the channel - a couple of drags, but nothing spiteful.

Chapeau!

Pretty sure it was close to Charing.
  • Options
    Looking back at my L2P garmin route from 2012, that sounds very much like Wear Bay Road and Dover Hill...
  • Options
    Erm, I have a confession to make.

Have only been back on the bike 2 weeks and I'm already looking at a new bike lol. So bad.
    I want Di2 and disc brakes!

I love my Cube to bits but its old now...
  • Options
    @JohnBoyUK - if I was going to buy a new bike (which I'm not, as I'm unemployed at the moment), I'd definitely be looking at disc brakes...not so sure about Di2..but a decent, custom, steel frame (maybe titanium), with some top end gear would be lovely....one day....