Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official CL weekend Lycra warriors thread (cycling)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Hi CL I know this is a stretch but any help with this would be greatly appreciated. If you could share this post - https://www.facebook.com/Joseph.D.Clifford/posts/2210173655780776 - on FB and other social media that would be amazing.

STOLEN. PLEASE SHARE.
    My Friend's Cipollini MCM (pictured) has been stolen from the Penge area (South East London) . The bike is extremely rare and distinctive, specification as follows:

Frame - Cipollini MCM Disc Frameset
    Wheels - Spin On These Wheels
    Groupset - Full Mechanical Hydraulic R8000 Shimano Ultegra
    Saddle - Specialized Oura Expert Gel Saddle
    Handlebars - Specialized 38cm width

If you have any information regarding the location of the bike please message me directly on here. If found please return the bike to SE20 Cycles in Penge.
    May be an image of bicycle and outdoors

• Options
    Anyone subscribe to Strava? Been wondering if paying the extra £4 a month is worth it. 
  • Options
    Litelok cycle locks. Any good?

I’ve been given one and I’m not sure whether to trust it. I usually use an Abus D lock (with pit lock skewers) and feel ok with that. The litelok looks so different and even though it’s gold sold secure I’m not sure if I should use it.
  • Options
    My new bidons have arrived.

Cheers!
  • Options
    iainment said:
    My new bidons have arrived.

Cheers!
    Shaken,  not stirred ?
  • Options
    The old and the new!
  • Options
    Whisky tour!
  • Options
    Off on a 5 day bike packing trip on Monday. @Charlton_Charlie and I are heading from Ayr up the west coast via Jura, Islay, Oban and Mull and ending up at Fort William.

Neither of us are fit enough, neither of us has prepared properly or tested all out kit......

Suspect it is going to be a scenic sufferfest! Your prayers would be welcomed!
    Don't forget some smidge.
  • Options
    Off on a 5 day bike packing trip on Monday. @Charlton_Charlie and I are heading from Ayr up the west coast via Jura, Islay, Oban and Mull and ending up at Fort William.

Neither of us are fit enough, neither of us has prepared properly or tested all out kit......

Suspect it is going to be a scenic sufferfest! Your prayers would be welcomed!
    Don't forget some smidge.

Have bought one of their survival kits!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Considering cycling as a deliveroo/Ubereats/Just Eat driver outside of work, purely for some exercise (getting married in spring next year, could do with shifting 20-30 lbs) on an old single speed. The regular breaks/stops and the need to get to places quickly etc, as well as learning the local area (I'm quite new to where I live) really appeals to me. The money side obviously doesn't (I'd be happy to do it for free, and considering just donating any money I make to a charity).

Am I missing any obvious reason why this is a stupid idea?

Edit: Just read about some of the grief they get... Not a great idea...  :|
  • Options
    Anyone have a recommendation for cycling groups up here in the dartford/gravesend area? As much as I enjoy just going out for a ride on my own I suspect the best way to increase speed/distance is to join a group of others. 
  • Options
    2 days before departure for Scotland I finally get round to testing my kit. A lot of extra weight and the trunk bag is only a 3rd full 🙄🙄🙄
  • Options
    2 days before departure for Scotland I finally get round to testing my kit. A lot of extra weight and the trunk bag is only a 3rd full 🙄🙄🙄
    B&B's or camping?
  • Options
    B&B's or camping?

Hotels! Far too lazy to camp!
  • Options
    Although I massively respect people who do massive bike rides etc and camp... If you have the money, you surely have to treat yourself to a proper bed each night!
  • Options
    By heck, they don't build racks like they used to.
  • Options

Its made by this company: https://www.tailfin.cc/

Their kit is lovely, expensive, but it works so well on road bikes. Mine is a hybrid with carbon struts and alloy top frame, you can get an all alloy or all carbon version. They also make them for pannier bags rather than trunks. Would highly recommend them.
  • Options

Its made by this company: https://www.tailfin.cc/

Their kit is lovely, expensive, but it works so well on road bikes. Mine is a hybrid with carbon struts and alloy top frame, you can get an all alloy or all carbon version. They also make them for pannier bags rather than trunks. Would highly recommend them.
    Gorgeous stuff but as you say it aint cheap.
  • Options
    I may be old fashioned but don’t see the advantages in bike packing. Unless speed and aerodynamics is your thing. I’m slow and have no appetite for being any faster.
    I use panniers, just ordered new Arkel Orca 45s, which seem to me more capacious than any bike packing set up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    200+ miles in the Highlands and Scottish Islands done. Amazing experience. So tough in the heat with all the kit on the bike as well. Worth it as the islands and Highlands are all beautiful.

10 min ride from Kings X to Charing X to get the train home and I immediately have road rage. Not till you ride away London that realise just what a high percentage of drivers there are total knobbers.
    In the last photo have you taken the pedals off your bike?
  • Options
    Absolutely love that. 
  • Options
    Sure it’s been covered already, but is there a turbo trainer in particular that people would recommend? Many thanks 
  • Options
    Wanted to take the kids to “Ballamory” when they were little, too late now…
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Wanted to take the kids to “Ballamory” when they were little, too late now…
    What do you want to know?
  • Options
    Did Archie ever invent anything that wasn’t utter shite?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    200+ miles in the Highlands and Scottish Islands done. Amazing experience. So tough in the heat with all the kit on the bike as well. Worth it as the islands and Highlands are all beautiful.

10 min ride from Kings X to Charing X to get the train home and I immediately have road rage. Not till you ride away London that realise just what a high percentage of drivers there are total knobbers.
    In the last photo have you taken the pedals off your bike?
    Nope, they are Speedplay pedals and are pretty small. If you zoom in you will see them.

• Options
    Rylo said:
    Sure it’s been covered already, but is there a turbo trainer in particular that people would recommend? Many thanks 

Depends if you want a wheel on/off and whether you want a smart trainer or not. Personally think wheel off, smart is the way to go and if that is your route look no further than the Wahoo Kickr.
  • Options
    Rylo said:

Depends if you want a wheel on/off and whether you want a smart trainer or not. Personally think wheel off, smart is the way to go and if that is your route look no further than the Wahoo Kickr.
    Thanks, much appreciated.