Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hello from China!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Ni hao Jessie. I can speak a bit of Mandarin, but can't read or write any, your English is more or less perfect, very impressive.
    You are very welcome here. I was in Beijing a little while ago, and saw China v Holland at the workers stadium, including our very own Zheng Zhi (will post a pic soon from outside the ground as a tip for security before the Millwall game!). My wife returns to London next week from Beijing.
    When I was in China last, everybody knew about all the 'famous' European teams, and replica shirts are everywhere, but the football fans at the Workers stadium were aware of our lovely Charlton. Jessie, your mission is to convert every Chinese person into a Charlton fan! If you make it to London I am sure we will all ensure you have a special time at the Valley.
  • Options
    欢迎鳕鱼的朋友
  • Options

That GIF made me laugh out loud for 2 mins. Evertime I stopped, I looked again and so it continued :-D

Lol...I must say it is reeaally distracting,especially when it's right above the comment box...

• Options
    我知道你会翻译这对谷歌,爱管闲事的混帐 :)
  • Options
    每个人都可以停止谈论中国IT混淆
  • Options
    edited September 2013

每个人都可以停止谈论中国IT混淆

lousy translator...... 每個人都可以停止談論在中國混亂
  • Options

每个人都可以停止谈论中国IT混淆

lousy translator...... 每個人都可以停止談論在中國混亂
    argh no... its made it worse. I give up.

• Options
    聽著聽著,我會說中文。這是輝煌的。
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Ni hao Jessie. I can speak a bit of Mandarin, but can't read or write any, your English is more or less perfect, very impressive.
    You are very welcome here. I was in Beijing a little while ago, and saw China v Holland at the workers stadium, including our very own Zheng Zhi (will post a pic soon from outside the ground as a tipfor security before the Millwall game!). My wife returns to London next week from Beijing.
    When I was in China last, everybody knew about all the 'famous' European teams, and replica shirts are everywhere, but the football fans at the Workers stadium were aware of our lovely Charlton. Jessie, your mission is to convert every Chinese person into a Charlton fan! If you make it to London I am sure we will all ensure you have a special time at the Valley.

Hi Seth!Thanks for the welcome and the nice words.With the great reception I'm having here,I'm sure you'll all be the best hosts I could ever imagine if I ever have the chance to visit London.

When ZZ joined Charlton,a lot of Chinese people started to follow the Addicks' game.It definitely helped spread the word of the club.There was even a time when the Addickted forum was flooded by Chinese fans! When ZZ left,most of them dropped their interest but a small few remained Charlton fans I think,albeit in a more casual way.There's a Chinese messageboard where almost every club has its own page set up by people spontaneously and Charlton has its own page too.I'm probablly the one who has been a Charlton for the longest time in China but I'm happy that I'm not the only Charlton fan in this country.Let's hope the team get back to the Prem League one day and more Chinese people will get to know what a great club it is!
  • Options
    CAFCdamo said:

我知道你会翻译这对谷歌,爱管闲事的混帐 :)

Very good... Hook line and sinker!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks to those who typed in Chinese using the google translator.When I figured out what you actually intended to say,it did make me laugh out loud,no doubt... ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2013

你是中国人吗?

是的!Wow,so you can type in Chinese!Good job!
    Oh and last time I met an Englishman here in Wuxi,I asked him if he liked football.To my BIG surprise he said he didn't! I was like 'Whaaat?I thought every Englishman loved football...' lol

I can kinda type in pinyin, I can't write any characters by hand really! I think learning to write is probably beyond me, so just stick to reading and speaking
    I always thought Wuxi had quite a few foreigners
  • Options

Hi Jessie. Lovely to hear from a fan in China. I spend half my time in Hong Kong and often travel to the the mainland.

As you may know, our beloved club is in some financial difficulty and I couldn't help notice you work in a Chinese bank.

I just wondered if you might have any rich colleagues in the bank who might want to make a shrewd investment a superb football club with great potential, situated in the nation's capital city and with a fantastic youth set up ( etc etc.) Might be a great opportunity for brand awareness and content marketing in the Asian financial sector. Actually, I made that last bit up but feel free to use it if you think it would help sell the club.

Please put the word around as our current owners don't seem to have much of a clue about selling the club and they could do with some help (not to mention some money). Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    Bonjour!
  • Options
    Hi Jessie - I am a London born Chinese guy who fell in the love with Charlton Athletic many many years ago. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum - it is extremely knowledgeable and lively to say the least. And no I am not on the hunt either! Just got married this weekend to a beautiful HK girl who sadly isn't into football as much as you seem to be. However if you ever come to London and fancy visiting the Valley I would gladly assist with the whole experience.
  • Options

你是中国人吗?

Oh and last time I met an Englishman here in Wuxi,I asked him if he liked football.To my BIG surprise he said he didn't! I was like 'Whaaat?I thought every Englishman loved football...' lol

I can kinda type in pinyin, I can't write any characters by hand really! I think learning to write is probably beyond me, so just stick to reading.

Actually I've always wondered how people from the English-speaking world cope with all these difficult Chinese characters.Just like I'll never be able to recognise a single word/character in say...Arabian.+_+

There're more and more foreigners coming to Wuxi these days but I rarely come out and join them.I don't have any working relationships with local foreigners so if I want to meet some foreigners and make friends I think it will be a bit strange or awkward to just go over and start to talk?...

I have to go to bed now and will get back to you tomorrow.

Nice talking to every one of you here and thank you all for the warm welcome!I definitely should've come on here and talk two years ago when I just joined this forum.
  • Options
    Welcome to CL Jessie, looking forward to your icon picture. As you can see from mine I am a handsome devil. May the following of Charlton Athletic give you many years of pain and joy in equal measures.
  • Options

你是中国人吗?

I can kinda type in pinyin, I can't write any characters by hand really! I think learning to write is probably beyond me, so just stick to reading.

There're more and more foreigners coming to Wuxi these days but I rarely come out and join them.I don't have any working relationships with local foreigners so if I want to meet some foreigners and make friends I think it will be a bit strange or awkward to just go over and start to talk?...

It's something a lot of Chinese people are happy to do, especially in Kunming, it's not something that has ever bothered me! I've met some cool Chinese friends who just came over to us and asked if they could speak with us.
  • Options

looking forward to your icon picture..

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Granpa said:

Hi Jessie, are you young ? We old folk have followed this lovely family Club through thick and thin over the years, so never give up. Do you intend to one day visit the Valley ? If so make sure you let us know, and sit in the North Upper Stand for the best atmosphere.

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    JT said:

looking forward to your icon picture..

Your best ever JT. Literally crying with laighter at this thread.
  • Options
    Welcome Jessie, nice to hear from a global fan. Nice to see you warmly welcomed but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Fast-track into the clique? ;o)
  • Options

Welcome Jessie, nice to hear from a global fan. Nice to see you warmly welcomed but I wouldn't expect anything else.

Fast-track into the clique? ;o)

of course, she is from RED China...
  • Options
    Hi Jessie , honest i'm not on a wind up , but is the great wall of China really over 13,000 miles long , and have you ever been there?
  • Options

Hi Jessie. Lovely to hear from a fan in China. I spend half my time in Hong Kong and often travel to the the mainland.

As you may know, our beloved club is in some financial difficulty and I couldn't help notice you work in a Chinese bank.

I just wondered if you might have any rich colleagues in the bank who might want to make a shrewd investment a superb football club with great potential, situated in the nation's capital city and with a fantastic youth set up ( etc etc.) Might be a great opportunity for brand awareness and content marketing in the Asian financial sector. Actually, I made that last bit up but feel free to use it if you think it would help sell the club.

Please put the word around as our current owners don't seem to have much of a clue about selling the club and they could do with some help (not to mention some money). Thanks.

Hi!Thanks for the suggestion.That's very well written.When you say rich colleagues,do you mean Abramovich-rich or just average-rich?People who work in banks here indeed get paid alot more than average but I don't think we'll find anyone here who's capable of investing in a big football club overseas like Charlton Athletic.But that said,it's not totally impossible that some owner of a big nationwide corporation in China would one day become interested in this club.We've all seen what happened at Birmingham.

My work mainly involves documentary credit and trade financing which is not very much related to overseas investment.But as far as I know,the government has very strict regulations on domestic entities' involvement in foreign economies.It brings forward a lot of issues,money laundering being one of the major concerns.After all,it's taking wealth abroad,which the government is never too keen on.But of course these are all from the point of view of the gov.I myself always find our various kinds of rules and regulations annoying.As for discovering potential investors here in China,I'll certainly do my best.Don't expect too much though because the companies I deal with on a daily basis here are all small or mid-sized ones.I think what I can do is try my best to spread the name of the club,let as many people know about it as possible.I once helped spreading the word of the British sci-fi films Moon and Source Code by using the power of internet here in China (here's how I did it if anyone's interested how it worked:blog.manmademovies.co.uk/2011/08/30/chinese-fan-helps-spread-the-word-on-moon-source-code/).It made me really upset and sad when I learned the news a few years ago that the club's net losses amounted to almost £13M in just one year.I'll certainly do whatever I can to help the club.If I won lottery,I'd move to London and bring as much money to the club as possible!

• Options

Hi Jessie - I am a London born Chinese guy who fell in the love with Charlton Athletic many many years ago. Just wanted to say welcome to the forum - it is extremely knowledgeable and lively to say the least. And no I am not on the hunt either! Just got married this weekend to a beautiful HK girl who sadly isn't into football as much as you seem to be. However if you ever come to London and fancy visiting the Valley I would gladly assist with the whole experience.

Hi!Congrats on your marriage :) Thank you and wish you both all the very best for the future!
  • Options

Welcome to CL Jessie, looking forward to your icon picture. As you can see from mine I am a handsome devil. May the following of Charlton Athletic give you many years of pain and joy in equal measures.

Hi Mr Jones!I'll upload my icon picture when I get home.You'll certainly be disappointed as it's simply a photo of a rose which I've been using on every site for ages.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

你是中国人吗?

It's something a lot of Chinese people are happy to do, especially in Kunming, it's not something that has ever bothered me! I've met some cool Chinese friends who just came over to us and asked if they could speak with us.
    Well,perhaps I'm one of the shyer people in China.I'll have a try next time I see some expats on the bus or in the street!
  • Options

Hi Jessie , honest i'm not on a wind up , but is the great wall of China really over 13,000 miles long , and have you ever been there?

Hi.Erm...Where did you get that 13000 miles long version?It's officially 4,000 miles I think.No I've never been to the Great Wall.China is such a big country and I live very far away from Beijing.Going just outside my province is literally like travelling from one country to another in Europe if you know what I mean.I'd like to go to all those famous sight-seeing places around the country but very unfortunately my five/six days a week working schedule these days simply doesn't allow that to happen...;(