Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bright furious with treatment as pundit is given just one day of work a MONTH by BBC after 14 years

13»

Comments

• Options
    Yes you did FOD. I did smile second time when I realised it was you. Ok I was looking a bit jaded after a big weekend but not that unrecognisable.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

Because I work for Channel 5

and that in itself is a piss take..... pray tell us player besides the wonderful Big brother, and Home and away, and who could forget neighbours ( ex bbc reject) it is hardly a cultural oasis.
    And what do you do there? edit press releases......
    I understand 'bren' is big in the city, even got her own desk......Don't be shy tell us all the wonderful events and people that you meet, we are all hanging on every word.
    So good of you guys to take the piss out of me being unemployed, perhaps one day we can meet up and laugh about it?

Odd. I dont know you so i would prefer you not to call me Bren, as that's far too personal, when you're having a snipe at me.

Im definitely big in the city alright.
    Did I see you in the city today?.
    Was she looking big ? :-)
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

Because I work for Channel 5

and that in itself is a piss take..... pray tell us player besides the wonderful Big brother, and Home and away, and who could forget neighbours ( ex bbc reject) it is hardly a cultural oasis.
    And what do you do there? edit press releases......
    I understand 'bren' is big in the city, even got her own desk......Don't be shy tell us all the wonderful events and people that you meet, we are all hanging on every word.
    So good of you guys to take the piss out of me being unemployed, perhaps one day we can meet up and laugh about it?

Odd. I dont know you so i would prefer you not to call me Bren, as that's far too personal, when you're having a snipe at me.

Im definitely big in the city alright.
    Did I see you in the city today?.
    Was she looking big ? :-)
    Just in case you try to edit it later.

• Options
    Hah no I saw it, memory locked. Will deal first thing with another memo! Night.
  • Options
    Just read this thread.

Ken, what you doing pal ?

No one is taking the piss out of you. Not for working at the BBC and certainly not for being unemployed.

You've mentioned over the years that you used to work at the BBC more times than Uncle Albert mentioned the war. That's not taking the piss that's one of the nice things you see repeated in characters that makes this a (largely) enjoyable community. I get ribbed by people I've never met for being short, AUN similarly for being a vegetarian, Len for some of his quirky posts, it's all part of the backdrop, and dare I say, banter.

No one would be aware you are currently unemployed. If they did, like for everyone else people would keep eyes out and try and assist if they can.

This forum is majority populated by good people with good hearts, who all support the same football team. It isn't always perfect and we are certainly gaining a new breed of poster in the few weeks / months, but twice today there have been unnecessary biting and twisting of what people have posted that could easily have been avoided.

Lets all try and make this a more pleasant place please guys.
  • Options

Just read this thread.

No one is taking the piss out of you. Not for working at the BBC and certainly not for being unemployed.

You've mentioned over the years that you used to work at the BBC more times than Uncle Albert mentioned the war. That's not taking the piss that's one of the nice things you see repeated in characters that makes this a (largely) enjoyable community. I get ribbed by people I've never met for being short, AUN similarly for being a vegetarian, Len for some of his quirky posts, it's all part of the backdrop, and dare I say, banter.

No one would be aware you are currently unemployed. If they did, like for everyone else people would keep eyes out and try and assist if they can.

This forum is majority populated by good people with good hearts, who all support the same football team. It isn't always perfect and we are certainly gaining a new breed of poster in the few weeks / months, but twice today there have been unnecessary biting and twisting of what people have posted that could easily have been avoided.

I'd drink to that if I weren't teetotal
  • Options
    ......btw, have I ever mentioned the fact that I live in France and had a kidney transplant recently and that I ain't a vegetarian!?
  • Options
    I met Mark Bright on Saturday at the Sir Bobby Robson National Football Day event an I have to say he was a pleasure to speak to we discussed the famous play off final and he admitted to it being a great day in his career and that outside of Charlton no one can realise what it meant to player and fans.......I appreciate it doesn't make him a good pundit!! Nice fella though.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

......btw, have I ever mentioned the fact that I live in France and had a kidney transplant recently and that I ain't a vegetarian!?

You had a kidney transplant? :)
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

You had a kidney transplant? :)
    Yep, but I never talk about it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just read this thread.

I though Nelson Mandela was on his death bed?
  • Options

F-Blocker said:

Anyway, back on topic, Mark Bright has now picked-up regular work on Absolute Radio every Saturday with his old team mate Ian Wright.

So never heard of again then...

Not a fan because he tried to get payments for interviews out of the local press before the play-off final. It was as much as the reporters on those papers could do to get paid themselves half the time.
    Cor, that is shocking! A footballer trying to get dough from a Mercury/SLP reporter who back then would have been on about 15k per year!

What a twat.
  • Options

Just read this thread.

Been unemployed for over three years mate. Did mention it on this very sight.......
    I have had a bit of a long standing run in with Curb it for some time, regarding a photo I art directed, when I had a job.
    Probably a bit of an over reaction on my behalf. But then people who know me, know I will bite back, always have done.
    So will just post on music and the valley move as I said.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes you did FOD. I did smile second time when I realised it was you. Ok I was looking a bit jaded after a big weekend but not that unrecognisable.

Apologies, I was in a rush, I hope I didn't come across as being rude.

I think AFKA is of average height!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The quality of football punditry is diabolical, Bright included. Having Robbie Savage fronting the country's leading phone-in show is an embarrassment.

By comparison every time I watch the Ashes or listen to TMS, I learn something which enhances my appreciation of the game.
  • Options
    Bit like John Barnes as the anchor for C5 football
  • Options

The quality of football punditry is diabolical, Bright included. Having Robbie Savage fronting the country's leading phone-in show is an embarrassment.

By comparison every time I watch the Ashes or listen to TMS, I learn something which enhances my appreciation of the game.

You should check out BT Sports line up, truly horrible. Very disappointing that a brand new channel can put in place a set up that is so old hat.

• Options
    Agree about btsport. Only decent presenter is Clare Balding. Steve Mcmanaman makes me reach for the remote.
  • Options
    I just hate the old boys club merry-go round. Lawrenson, Crooks, Andy Gray.....all on jobs for life seemingly in the media. Get fired from one.....walk straight into the next....

Everyone was pretty shocked at how good Gary Neville was on Sky Sports as a pundit but why? He is talking about a game and players that he until very recently was part of. Hopefully he might prompt the various networks to take a chance on some newer blood (although not Robbie Savage...please).

The BBC desperately need to freshen up their team in my opinion.....and ITV's coverage has been a joke for years.
  • Options

This.....
    Kap10 said:

Agree about btsport. Only decent presenter is Clare Balding. Steve Mcmanaman makes me reach for the remote.