Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bright furious with treatment as pundit is given just one day of work a MONTH by BBC after 14 years

Comments

• Options
    Self employed, thats what happens.
  • Options
    I know I am in a minority,but I quite like Brighty.

Yes he is a Nigel although he professes to 'support' his first club Port Vale,but he has big soft spot for us.

Lets not forget the role he played in our Play Off promotion season especially when Leaburn was sold,he even laid on the first goal against Sunderland for Mendonca. He describes that game as one of his career highlights along with his other Wembley appearances for the Nigels and the Wendys.

To me he is like Garth Crooks in that many Addicks dislike his punditry seem to gloss over the important role he played for us at a critical time in our history.

I like both of them for what they did for us and that they both still have some affection for the Addicks.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Yes he is a Nigel although he professes to 'support' his first club Port Vale,but he has big soft spot for us.

Lets not forget the role he played in our Play Off promotion season especially when Leaburn was sold,he even laid on the first goal against Sunderland for Mendonca. He describes that game as one of his career highlights along with his other Wembley appearances for the Nigels and the Wendys.

To me he is like Garth Crooks in that many Addicks dislike his punditry seem to gloss over the important role he played for us at a critical time in our history.

I like both of them for what they did for us and that they both still have some affection for the Addicks.

agree with this
  • Options
    Wonder what day of the month it is
  • Options
    Mark Bright is currently employed at c.palace as some sort of a coach. Maybe he can only spare 1 day a month for the bbc
  • Options
    I wonder how much he gets paid for this one day a month? I suspect more than most people get for working a whole month, I have to be honest, I have very little sympathy.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

When Mark Bright scored against Newcastle United in '99, I had hardly ever heard him talk. But when I turn the TV on and he's jabbering away, I don't think "I forgive you for being a bell-end because of what you did in a 2-2 draw," rather, I think "Man I wish you hadn't sullied my memories of you by being the most irritating pundit on TV."
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I always felt he seemed awkward when speaking on the box meself.

Well done BBC! @AlgarveAddick

Steady now...

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

I'm more shocked that Ken worked for the BBC? This is news to me?

hah

Just remind me again what earth shattering career you have Brenda?

• Options
    Has the eagle on his chest, crap..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace muppet and cringworthy enthusiasm over run of the mill stuff.

Jog on.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

I'm more shocked that Ken worked for the BBC? This is news to me?

hah

Just remind me again what earth shattering career you have Brenda?

eh Kennth? odd that you pick on me and not the person who cracked the actual gag.

• Options
    Because I work for Channel 5
  • Options
    Media luvvies sticking together! tsk.
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

and that in itself is a piss take..... pray tell us player besides the wonderful Big brother, and Home and away, and who could forget neighbours ( ex bbc reject) it is hardly a cultural oasis.
    And what do you do there? edit press releases......
    I understand 'bren' is big in the city, even got her own desk......Don't be shy tell us all the wonderful events and people that you meet, we are all hanging on every word.
    So good of you guys to take the piss out of me being unemployed, perhaps one day we can meet up and laugh about it?

• Options
    dont take it to heart Ken
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

and that in itself is a piss take..... pray tell us player besides the wonderful Big brother, and Home and away, and who could forget neighbours ( ex bbc reject) it is hardly a cultural oasis.
    I understand 'bren' is big in the city, even got her own desk......Don't be shy tell us all the wonderful events and people that you meet, we are all hanging on every word.
    So good of you guys to take the piss out of me being unemployed, perhaps one day we can meet up and laugh about it?

Fella - I think the gentle pisstaking was because you seem to shoehorn a BBC reference into every post you make ;o)

Trust me - with some of the dog's abuse I've had on here from people, you're getting off lightly!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Woah there! Who took the piss out of you being unemployed!? How the hell would I even know you were unemployed in the first place?

Wind your neck in. It was a joke, like pretty much everything else I post. If you've taken it the wrong way then I apologise but don't start twisting it as if I would take the piss out of you being unemployed as I'm sure you well know its nothing something I would do.

And for the record the Channel 5 part was a joke as well!
  • Options

Plaaayer said:

Odd. I dont know you so i would prefer you not to call me Bren, as that's far too personal, when you're having a snipe at me.

Im definitely big in the city alright.
  • Options
    I made the references to the bbc when I first joined guys so that people would know where I came from, not to drop names etc.
    In the same way that I post rarely these days, unless on music or moving from the Valley.
    I post less these days because as a member of the trust people get confused with my personal views and being part of the trust.
    Anyway Leroy, it is Hendrix that I am fixated by, not my former employer they made me redundant?
    I just bite back a little Gary? . Anyway 'Brenda' is a mate of Razzles apparently, so I have to be careful, she might invite me to the city addicks (last meeting 2008)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I worked with Mark once, and thought him a little distant, It was at Gillingham on the CAFC cup match that we got stuffed.
    I was with Tony Gubba taking some photographs in the gantry, while Tony was very helpful, Mark did not want to 'engage' an hour before kick off even though I was wearing a BBC staff badge and he was covering it for radio. So naturally I did not interview him at TV centre on the World cup meet the coverage team. Ian Wright was as nice as pie, as was the other guy's.
    Brighty clocked me, and looked down. Perhaps he does not like his photo taken?. Commentator, sorry his voice is a bit tiresome to me. Think he started off doing the friday night spot on BBC London regional with Riz, who is the complete opposite, friendly as anything.

Who's "Riz" ?
  • Options
    Her?....
  • Options
    Thanks Ken.
  • Options
    Anyway, back on topic, Mark Bright has now picked-up regular work on Absolute Radio every Saturday with his old team mate Ian Wright.
  • Options
    F-Blocker said:

Anyway, back on topic, Mark Bright has now picked-up regular work on Absolute Radio every Saturday with his old team mate Ian Wright.

So never heard of again then...

Not a fan because he tried to get payments for interviews out of the local press before the play-off final. It was as much as the reporters on those papers could do to get paid themselves half the time.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

Odd. I dont know you so i would prefer you not to call me Bren, as that's far too personal, when you're having a snipe at me.

Did I see you in the city today? If so apologies for the strange double take!

The man in the photo with Bright drinks in a pub in Lockbottom.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

With Rufus?
  • Options
    Strange thread!!! :-D
  • Options

Curb_It said:

Plaaayer said:

With Rufus?
    No!
  • Options
    Cornflakes