Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 4 (yes, FOUR) Oxford 0 - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Draws on Thursday.

Fancy one of the merseyside clubs or Newcastle away
  • Options
    edited August 2013

who does everyone fancy getting?

Shelvey "would love" to get us according to twitter, would love to see him back here
  • Options
    I don't think anyone really staked a claim for a place on Saturday apart from Hamer. Yes Stephens looked good in the second half but we were playing Oxford.
    I was really impressed with Joe Pigott. I don't remember him losing the ball at all. He seemed unhurried and used the ball really well. Put Sordell in with a lovely little flick and somehow managed to persuade Danny Green to release the ball for the pen.
    I would have liked to see Cousins for the last 30 mins rather than the last 5
  • Options
    Hollands
    should get an extended run in midfield. Stephens is inconsistent and
    should be got rid off.
  • Options
    HANDBALL.

Good stuff tonight, even against a league two outfit. Pigott has some very good lay on play. Green (has to play Saturday) and Wilson looked good on the right. Church looked very sharp I thought too. MOM to Cort, really got himself about throwing in the right tackles and looks good with Wood next to him.

Cook was half decent too, didnt really rate him untill tonight.
  • Options
    Can only play what's in front of us. Thought the boys did a very professional job. Pigott ran his trotters off and made some really good runs, deserved his goal. Stephens actually looked creative for a change, and cook and green actually took players on!

Can take a lot of positives from the game and hopefully build on it for Saturday.

On a side note, great to see Yann stay and sign autographs and take pictures.
  • Options
    I thought it was a very professional performance. We passed the ball around and kept possession. Quiet first half but really upped the tempo in the second. Thought Stephens and Hollands bossed the game from the midfield and Green put in some superb crosses. No one had a bad game although I did wonder what Dicky Wood had that Matt Taylor didn't. Pretty much like for like. Forwards did well and Church will score goals if he gets the opportunities. Pigott had a good game too. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable match.
  • Options
    Can't play Swansea till 3rd round of cup as they're in European comp Jonjo will have to wait.
  • Options
    Our biggest league cup win EVER
  • Options

Man U at home would be great. Nice payday for the club.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In addition, fans were great tonight. Really good atmosphere, particularly in Lower North
  • Options
    Wilson was my MOTM. I thought he was excellent at both ends of the pitch.
    o
    Cook was also very good, worked his socks off, and is a intelligent footballer.

I was delighted with Pigott's performance. He is the 2nd best hold up striker we have at the club, and loved the way he held his ground when Green tried to take the ball off him.

I should think a few of the team tonight have given CP something to think about.
  • Options
    I was relatively impressed.

I was impressed how we seem to try to pass it out from the back more and remain patient instead of hoofing it as often. Cort and Wood were Solid. On one occasion somebody lost the ball and it was 2vs2 and cort made a superb block.

Midfield did well. Green still shooting from corners but worked Hard enough i thought. Cook really surprised me, he did much better than I have ever seen him do. Stephens I still think is technically our best midfielder and did well tonight, but he needs to be more consistent. Hollands was Hollands really. Battled well, kept it tidy.

Piggott is pretty good at keeping hold of the ball back to goal style. He worked hard and got his reward at the end. Church missed an absolute sitter but got two goals, both from lucky deflections falling for him but I suppose you have to be there for them to fall for you.

The cameo's. sordell came on and looked lovely, almost scored. Harriott came on and roasted the full back a few times. Cousins got 5 mins and seemed to be tidy, involved in a good move where he got taken out in the box for the penno.

Atmosphere was alright. I was getting frustrated at some of our fans groaning when we were 3-0 up and passing it around our back four and midfield bit everyone likes goals I suppose.

Wasn't a bad performance. No idea about Saturday
  • Options
    iPhone on train home so forgive any typos or predictive text issues

Unexpectedly entertaining and enjoyable evening. Making allowances for a game but limited opposition I thought we played very well. Very little hoofball and some promising stuff.

Hamer - little to do but he Di it well
    Evina - great coming forward. Not seriously tested at the back. Maybe wiggins going wouldn't be the total disaster I think it would?

Cort - very solid and entertaining in that faintly bizarre way that he often is.

Wood - I was impressed. Doesn't mess about with his clearances. Also comfortable on the ball. A good acquisition although will need to be judged against better oppo.

Wilson - tidy but didn't come forward with any authority. Better at the back than I've seen him but question marks over the quality of the oppo

Stephens - class. Utterly bossed it.

Hollands - did what he did in league 1. Solid and dependable. Not sure it's championship stuff though

Green - I've got a blind spot for him. Much prefer when he is in the team. Did lots if good stuff although get the feeling he could really grab a game by the scruff of the neck if he wanted to.

Cook - good first half nearly persuaded me that he's any good. Second half reminded me that he isn't.

Piggott - good boy. Lots of promise. Don't think he's quite ready for the first team but he sure is a prospect.

Church - knows where the goal is. Good to see him scoring soon after missing a sitter.

Good crowd noise for a poor attendance. Hard to estimate but probably under 5k. Not many full blooded tackles but all in all glad I went.
  • Options

Someone shit, someone big or someone local. Ideally all of the above.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Two excellent finishes by Church.

Really liked the look of Pigott. Showed awareness, vision and maturity. If decision making is the difference between good players and very good players, this boy could be a very good player.
  • Options
    Really good performance tonight, similar football to the Bristol City game at the end of last season.

We played it comfortably from the back-four...and when we started getting service towards Pigott and Church, we looked really threatening.

Happy Addick tonight...good win.
  • Options
    Sordell looked lovely? Looking forward to seeing him on Sat then :-)
  • Options
    Hopefully a big premier side such as palarse.
  • Options
    I have to say that the midfield tonight played very well and much better as a unit than Saturdays outfit, even taking into account the second division opposition. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Cook played, and Green,Hollands and Stephens all had good games. Church took his chances well and his movement was very good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always a good sign when everyone has a different pick for MOTM. Almost wish I'd gone now. Almost.
  • Options
    Thought Green and Stephens looked well up for it and so they should be. Danny Hollands looked a yard too slow for me (I am gutted to say), Cook was lively, Wilson promising and good goals from Church. A good night out for these games.
  • Options
  • Options
    Good result, some confident performances. MOM difficult to say either Evina, Church or Stephens.
  • Options
    JordanCousins ‏@jordancousins94 2m
    Best feeling tonight to make my debut and win a pen for my boy @piggydaboss, just proves dreams do come true. #cafc
  • Options
    Would like someone small and insignificant as I'll be on holiday the week the next round is on and will be annoyed if I miss us playing a big club!
  • Options
    Pleasing performance and result . Really impressed with Pigott and more suprisingly Cook (particularly in the 1st half).
  • Options
    Jordan Cook ‏@cookz10 Protected account 1m
    Tht felt good and thanks for all the messages! Thought the lads wer brilliant tonight. Over the moon for @piggydaboss with his goal on debut
  • Options
    Good enjoyable win. It looked like we're trying to play with more confidence and composure on the ball. We passed the ball from the back and were patient. Ou do have to find the right balance and not over do it, but it looks like it's a step in the right direction.

Hamer and the back four did what they needed to. Evina did well going forward, looked like he could beat players, something he's doesn't often show. Wood might not be a big improvement on Taylor, but Taylor probably wanted first team football. Wood's younger and being left footed gives a nice balance. Should do well when called upon.

Midfield were good without doing anything outstanding. Stephens comfortable on the ball, Hollands more of a battler as expected. Green does what he does, shoots and gets crosses in. Can be dangerous but sometimes it's better to be more patient. Saturday Powell might start with the more solid player in Wilson. Cook did pretty well, just as good as Green, different types of wide players.

Up front not sure what type of player Church is but pleased to see him score two. Need to see more of him
    to work out what he's all about. Should have scored from Pigott's pass into the box.

Pigott held up the ball well, shame he didn't get any real chances before the penalty. He's not pacey or tricky but made the right decisions.

Nice to see Cousins get on. For the penalty he passed the ball out wide and ran into the box, ball came into him and he was taken down. Could have easily passed the ball and held his position.

If Powell doesn't find room for Cousins or Pigott I hope they get some time out on loan in League 1 or 2. Pace, strength and tricks stand out, that's not what these two are about but there's potentially two intelligent and committed players there.
  • Options

Would like someone small and insignificant as I'll be on holiday the week the next round is on and will be annoyed if I miss us playing a big club!

Im in the same boat, hope we get Port Vale in r2 and save Palace for R3