Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Options
    He's scored a few goals like this before, where he has run off the pitch and back on. Incredible player and athlete.
  • Options
    I don't really care either way - if he had failed he could just sit back and count his cash for the rest of his life, obviously not everyone was waiting for him to fail, or you would have been too Nick. Great goal though, especially after the way he shrugged off the foul on the half way line.
  • Options
    One of the most athletic goals I can remember seeing. Not a great deal of skill involved (although the finish was tidy) but the way he just runs straight around the Barca player, who lets not forget is an athlete playing for one of the top sides in his sport, despite being pushed out of play and a little bit off balance is pretty spectacular.

It was a beautifully simple bit of wing player - not pissing around with step overs or doubling back on yourself to try and beat the man more than once, just see the space, put the ball in it and let your hamstrings do the rest.
  • Options
    Reports here that he will be leaving for a Chinese club. Real Madrid desperate to offload him, though he has said he wants to stay.
  • Options
    Reports here that he will be leaving for a Chinese club. Real Madrid desperate to offload him, though he has said he wants to stay.
    What a sad waste of talent that would be. He's still one of the best players around. I hope he returns to the prem. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Yes he's coming to China. A banking client of mine (someone who also works in a bank) just posted on social media saying that Jiangsu Suning Football Club has remitted the required transfer fee to Real Madrid.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Jessie said:
    Yes he's coming to China. A banking client of mine (someone who also works in a bank) just posted on social media saying that Jiangsu Suning Football Club has remitted the required transfer fee to Real Madrid.
    Seems Madrid have agreed to a cut price (or free) transfer just to get rid of him, but why do that when there's European clubs interested who would pay a decent fee for him?

If it's down to Bale insisting to go to China just for the money, then his career is done. A ridiculous end for a player who was only 30 last week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:
    Zidane’s management of Bale by publicly mugging him off to the media has been nothing short of disgraceful. 
    Agree. Very cowardly. Winning cheap points with the fans by slagging off a fellow pro. 
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Seems Madrid have agreed to a cut price (or free) transfer just to get rid of him, but why do that when there's European clubs interested who would pay a decent fee for him?

If it's down to Bale insisting to go to China just for the money, then his career is done. A ridiculous end for a player who was only 30 last week.
    There’s talk of him being paid a million pounds a week in China...hardly a ridiculous end to a career
  • Options
    No respect for him if he does this at his age. 
    this, he's got all the money he'll ever need in his lifetime and clearly isn't really interested in playing football to a decent level again
  • Options
    Jessie said:

There’s talk of him being paid a million pounds a week in China...hardly a ridiculous end to a career
    Ridiculous in terms of choosing to go there just for money when top European clubs are after him.

The guy couldn't even be arsed to learn Spanish in 6 years and fit in with his Madrid team mates, so he's not exactly going to settle in that well in China.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I'm not sure that's true, I know loads of foreigners here who don't speak a word of Chinese, one in particular has been here over TWENTY YEARS!!!! He must actively avoid learning!

EDIT: It would still be absolute madness for him to come to China at this stage of his career, he can still win a lot of trophies and to the whole 500k a week thing in a few years!
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    They must be the only side willing to pay his mega high wages.
    When money becomes your Raison d'être you turn into Bale: isolated from his team mates, he said he would spend his time playing golf and seeing out his contract.

If this deal goes through, it's not all about a new project, but money.
    Quite sad when someone can't manage on 250k a week back in England, Italy or Germany.

No silly comparisons with ordinary Joe blogs changing his job for an extra £100 a week. 

• Options
    At this point I think Bale's just lost interest in football and painted himself into a corner a bit. He's an absolutely fantastic player, who at one point was the hottest thing in the Premier League. He moved to Real Madrid to play for one of the biggest teams in the world, win the Champions League and become a legend. He made the move, won the trophies, sometimes scored the deciding goals, and still couldn't manage to get the fans and club to care about him. Bale is pretty fond of himself, so the blow of achieving so much and still being unloved and unwanted will have been very difficult for him. At that point I think as a bit of a pride-saving move he told Zidane that he didn't care if he wasn't rated and he would just sit there and earn his £600,000p/w happily. Once you take that attitude and a team comes in offering nearly double that money you sort of have to take the deal, because the argument that no-one in a proper league will pay you enough to leave falls apart. I wonder what he'll do once he retires
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    They must be the only side willing to pay his mega high wages.
    When money becomes your Raison d'être you turn into Bale: isolated from his team mates, he said he would spend his time playing golf and seeing out his contract.

If this deal goes through, it's not all about a new project, but money.
    Quite sad when someone can't manage on 250k a week back in England, Italy or Germany.

No silly comparisons with ordinary Joe blogs changing his job for an extra £100 a week. 

I'm sure most of the top clubs there would be willing to pay his wages, but clubs have a cap on the number of foreigners per team so not every side can easily go for him right now. For example i'm sure Shanghai would've wanted him but they just filled their last spot with Arnautovic
  • Options
    The transfer fee is a problem too. Your looking at £100 million plus wages for someone who is injury prone. 
  • Options
    The transfer fee is a problem too. Your looking at £100 million plus wages for someone who is injury prone. 
    Charlton have had a whole host of players like that. Maybe not for a transfer fee but big wages at our level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love Bale to come back to the Premier League
  • Options
    Jessie said:

If that's not ridiculous to you, I am concerned that you're either a drug cartel leader or Gareth Bale. 
  • Options
    Bale seems to have given up on football. Hope all the money makes him happy.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Shame he doesn't fancy a challenge and makes a move to another Spanish club (ie Valencia or Sevilla) to prove Real Madrid wrong. Guess it's all about the money though, and can't see him having the hunger to do that. It's a pity as he should be now at his peak but he's going to take the semi-retirement route.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Hang on, lot of assumptions being made here - people saying he’s only about the money, doesn’t want a challenge etc.

Is there actually evidence that he is planning to move to China? Just because there’s a rumour that a Chinese club is willing to offer him that deal doesn’t necessarily mean he wants it. I’m sure he would prefer to stay at Real Madrid, if it were not for the manager who quite blatantly wants him out.
  • Options
    with sensible wage demands he'd have a queue of prem clubs wanting him......he seems happy enough playing golf in Spain.

been there 6 years and never even tried to learn the language tells you enough I think
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Hang on, lot of assumptions being made here - people saying he’s only about the money, doesn’t want a challenge etc.

Is there actually evidence that he is planning to move to China? Just because there’s a rumour that a Chinese club is willing to offer him that deal doesn’t necessarily mean he wants it. I’m sure he would prefer to stay at Real Madrid, if it were not for the manager who quite blatantly wants him out.
    Nothing that says he isn't either. The evidence we have is based upon Jessie's story that has since been picked up by at least the largest red top out there.
  • Options
    Rumoured to be on 600 grand a week, no wonder they want him out the door!
  • Options
    Rumoured to be on 600 grand a week, no wonder they want him out the door!
    Quite - and no PL Club is going to pay that