Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Options
    Jessie said:
    Yes he's coming to China. A banking client of mine (someone who also works in a bank) just posted on social media saying that Jiangsu Suning Football Club has remitted the required transfer fee to Real Madrid.

She who laughs last, laughs longest?

In today's Mirror on line:-

Chinese club Jiangsu Suning have dropped a transfer hint as they look to secure a big-money move for Gareth Bale.  They are one of two Chinese Super League clubs eyeing a move for the Welshman amid his public fall-out with Zinedine Zidane.

Beijing Guoan are also understood to have made an approach and are willing to pay him £1m-a-week.

But Jiangsu Suning have fuelled speculation they could win the race for his signature by following him on their official Instagram account.  The Nanjing-based club follow just 34 people on their account, with Bale becoming the latest as he considers his options after being told he is unwanted in Spain.

• Options
    If Bale goes to China he's effectively given up on football. Money is obviously what drives him.
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Yes he's coming to China. A banking client of mine (someone who also works in a bank) just posted on social media saying that Jiangsu Suning Football Club has remitted the required transfer fee to Real Madrid.

Chinese club Jiangsu Suning have dropped a transfer hint as they look to secure a big-money move for Gareth Bale.  They are one of two Chinese Super League clubs eyeing a move for the Welshman amid his public fall-out with Zinedine Zidane.

Beijing Guoan are also understood to have made an approach and are willing to pay him £1m-a-week.

But Jiangsu Suning have fuelled speculation they could win the race for his signature by following him on their official Instagram account.  The Nanjing-based club follow just 34 people on their account, with Bale becoming the latest as he considers his options after being told he is unwanted in Spain.

This material on Mirror is what I saw on Chinese media two days ago. The latest news here is that the deal has fallen through...
  • Options
    Jessie said:

Instagram eh, nice illegal VPN usage assholess.

TAKE EM DOWN XI!
  • Options
    Bale played and scored for Madrid against Arsenal this morning.
  • Options
    Bale played and scored for Madrid against Arsenal this morning.
    Cleared an Arsenal chance off the line and missed a penalty... Interesting night for him

https://www.skysports.com/football/r-madrid-vs-arsenal/406726

For all Gareth's stubborness at moving on and not wanting to lower his wage etc. I do hope he fucks Real Madrid over, in my eyes they are the worst club in the world (especially their fans) and Zidane has been nothing short of an absolute c--t this week
  • Options
    iainment said:
    What has he actually done wrong?

He was given a contract and he wants to see it out.

Not his fault that the club have been touting him out and entirely his call if he doesn't want any of the few moves available. 

he's done absolutely nothing wrong, more fool them for giving him that contract.

of course he'll well within his rights to see it out and collect the money, however as a professional footballer, surely he just really wants to play football.

he's earned all the money he could ever wish for and (apart from China) no other club is gonna pay him anywhere near what he's on now.

but if he were to say lower his wage demands to even £100k @ week (I'm sure he could live on that), he'd have a list of top European Clubs as long as your arm queuing up to sign him and he could take his pick. Madrid would pick up a half decent transfer fee and everyone would win

all depends on how much he really wants to play top level football going forwards
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Living in Madrid I think I can say this - it is such a wonderful city with great climate that he probably doesn't want to leave here. Although he is not exactly spotted 'out and about' I get the impression that he is very happy with his life here and I can't imagine how he would get that in another city. His children have been raised here now from a young age as well. This must be a factor in him wanting to stay, as much as the footballing side. 
  • Options
    iainment said:

Not his fault that the club have been touting him out and entirely his call if he doesn't want any of the few moves available. 

he's done absolutely nothing wrong, more fool them for giving him that contract.

of course he'll well within his rights to see it out and collect the money, however as a professional footballer, surely he just really wants to play football.

he's earned all the money he could ever wish for and (apart from China) no other club is gonna pay him anywhere near what he's on now.

but if he were to say lower his wage demands to even £100k @ week (I'm sure he could live on that), he'd have a list of top European Clubs as long as your arm queuing up to sign him and he could take his pick. Madrid would pick up a half decent transfer fee and everyone would win

all depends on how much he really wants to play top level football going forwards
    Or Madrid could subsidise his wage and forego a transfer fee, they're the ones who want rid, afterall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From what was said on TalkSport yesterday, his currently deal with Madrid is worth around £50 over the next 3 years, the way the deal will likely work out is that some club will pay Madrid a transfer fee (hard to say how much, likely between £25m and £50m) and pay Bale around £25,-£30m over 3 years (so around £200k per week) and Madrid will pay Bale another £25m-£30, meaning Bale getting at least the £50m he would have got, and Madrid are saving £20m and getting rid of a player Zidane clearly doesn't fancy.

Everything else is posturing by Madrid to make it look like it's all happening on their terms, not Bale's, but Bale holds all the cards, so is in no rush to move anywhere.
  • Options
    From what was said on TalkSport yesterday, his currently deal with Madrid is worth around £50 over the next 3 years, the way the deal will likely work out is that some club will pay Madrid a transfer fee (hard to say how much, likely between £25m and £50m) and pay Bale around £25,-£30m over 3 years (so around £200k per week) and Madrid will pay Bale another £25m-£30, meaning Bale getting at least the £50m he would have got, and Madrid are saving £20m and getting rid of a player Zidane clearly doesn't fancy.

Everything else is posturing by Madrid to make it look like it's all happening on their terms, not Bale's, but Bale holds all the cards, so is in no rush to move anywhere.
    Surely we could find a space for him for that money?
  • Options
    iainment said:

Yep. I think he’d quite happily spend his career at Madrid, working requisitely hard and being successful. The fans haven’t taken to him, ZZ is winning cheap points by slagging him off and the club regret paying him so much. Injuries notwithstanding, he’s not to blame for any of this. 

As for giving up on football - that might be true but I wouldn’t phrase it that way. Sounds a bit like “argh! He can play Premier League football but has chosen not to! Damn his eyes!” - I don’t see why anyone should be upset about that. It’s his life, and he can make an astonishing amount of money that would make for a better one for his family and friends. 

He likes life in Madrid. He presumably doesn’t want to trade that in for a pay cut and a house in rainy Manchester or the scrutiny of London at a club that can’t improve on his position. So he might go to China, make a fuckton of money instead. Good luck to him. 
  • Options
    Would be a shame if the greatest British player of his generation wasn't playing at the highest level.
  • Options
    Looks all set for China
  • Options
    Looks all set for China
         .....and £1000000 PER WEEK!!
  • Options
    What sort of tax will he be paying in China? Given that it’s a (nominally) communist state I would assume it’s pretty massive and without the normal loopholes but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m wrong. 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Think Real need him atm 

Very strong squad losing 6-0 to Atletico
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    What sort of tax will he be paying in China? Given that it’s a (nominally) communist state I would assume it’s pretty massive and without the normal loopholes but I wouldn’t be surprised if I’m wrong. 
    Pay tax, in China hahahahahah.

He's probably being paid a quid a week and receiving the rest in housing/food/haircut/dog/farming/trips to the moon/cabbage/other made up nonsense allowances.

The Government are actually getting better on this respect but the entire system is a joke.

A friend of mine used to own a very popular bar in KM, packed 7 days a week, the tax inspector would always schedule visits at 2PM, when the bar was obviously empty, he'd claim poverty "as you can see my business is awful" hand over 200 very expensive cigs and a nice bottle of something and that would be that for the next 6 months.
    Absolutely. 

However it's a bit different when it comes to foreigners. If a foreigner comes to a bank to transfer money from his card to an overseas account, he has to provide duty-paid certificates/evidence issued by the tax bureau here. (Chinese people don't have to while doing cross-border money transfers)
  • Options
    Which is why no foreigner ever transfers money in their own name, they have friends do it. Also it's only since January that we've had to provide this proof!

It's also cheaper having a friend do it for you.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He's probably being paid a quid a week and receiving the rest in housing/food/haircut/dog/farming/trips to the moon/cabbage/other made up nonsense allowances.

The Government are actually getting better on this respect but the entire system is a joke.

A friend of mine used to own a very popular bar in KM, packed 7 days a week, the tax inspector would always schedule visits at 2PM, when the bar was obviously empty, he'd claim poverty "as you can see my business is awful" hand over 200 very expensive cigs and a nice bottle of something and that would be that for the next 6 months.
    Really? That’s nuts, genuinely thought it would be pretty tight. Sounds like Gaz will be keeping most of his £1M a week! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:

Really? That’s nuts, genuinely thought it would be pretty tight. Sounds like Gaz will be keeping most of his £1M a week! 
    It is getting better but when I first arrived you could get a discount in a lot of restaurants by simply asking for a receipt as no one wanted actual income going through the books.
  • Options
    Playing in China proves his main motivation is money. He's not bothered about playing at the top level and doesn't need the money - the way some people talk about his financial situation you wouldn't think he was a multi millionnaire.

How long will the ridiculous wages last in China? 
  • Options
    Playing in China proves his main motivation is money. He's not bothered about playing at the top level and doesn't need the money - the way some people talk about his financial situation you wouldn't think he was a multi millionnaire.

How long will the ridiculous wages last in China? 
    I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Chinese match, is the quality terrible?
  • Options
    I know nothing of Bale or what motivates him, but he seems to be getting a lot of criticism for "going after the money / being motivated by money".

Perhaps he is.

Perhaps he isn't motivated by football (whether long term or more recently).

Either way, I'm sure he'll do whatever he feels is best for him and it will be the right decision.

• Options
    Amazed man U didn't go for him, they really need a marquee player like him and could have offloaded Pogba, would've been win win for them
  • Options
    After the Sanchez debacle there is more chance of Man United getting Ronaldo back, than the board sanctioning a huge contract for a 30 something striker - once bitten and all that.

If he had a better fitness record - then you could have seen Liverpool maybe taking him on a season long loan, but that is never going to happen with the money he is after.

All a bit strange really, as after what he has earnt at RM alone, he would have bundles of cash in the bank, so could doubtless take a pay cut and play somewhere that he actually wanted to be, rather than wasting three years playing in China. 
  • Options
    Let's hope Inter can get out of their group so we can see Bale playing knockout Champions League football next spring.