Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Spain is skint with massive debts and huge unemployment especially amongst the young .. I will say no more

Nice to see a youngster getting a job in Spain then !
  • Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Coentrao, Sandro, Paulinho, Lennon, Willian, Lamela, Soldado

Friedel, Naughton, Vertonghen, Fryers, Rose, Capoue, Dembele, Holtby, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Defoe

Very good squad in my eyes. 2 completely different strong XI's.

They've come a long way since the days of Chimbonda and Zokora.

Oi, leave do do do Didier Zokora alone. He was my favourite player at the time (god he was sh*te lol).

Its still a big IF at the moment though.

• Saw Bale arrive at the training ground yesterday while the U9s were playing there! Shit loads of media there as Spurs U21s were playing Man City U21 quite a few first teamers and their manager was there!!
  • Spain is skint with massive debts and huge unemployment especially amongst the young .. I will say no more

I hear you brother.
  • Saw Bale arrive at the training ground yesterday while the U9s were playing there! Shit loads of media there as Spurs U21s were playing Man City U21 quite a few first teamers and their manager was there!!

should've said Al could've had a beer rd the corner

• Say if tottenham spent £120m and kept Bale they might knock Arsenal off 4th.
  • I think AVB or whatever his handle is has made some expensive mistakes in his signings this close season .. we will see
  • I think AVB or whatever his handle is has made some expensive mistakes in his signings this close season .. we will see

Possibly... I pointed out to my very excited Spurs friend that he should remember how we felt when Dowie was buying up lots of 6-footers.

That said, my heart says Spurs will do very, very well this season. With or without Bale.
  • Looks like Willian is going to Chelsea now, I see. How many players can they keep happy with three places?! Mata, Oscar, Hazard, De Bruyne, Schrrule, now Willian.

And I wonder who Spurs will go for instead.
  • Rooney to Spurs ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumours are that Mata will be offered to United as part of a renewed Rooney bid next week
  • Would much rather have Mata.
  • Just seen they have set up the big unveiling stage at the bernabeu. So seems like its on.
  • Rumours are that Mata will be offered to United as part of a renewed Rooney bid next week

So United would get Mata and money for Wayne Rooney ? That would be an amazing deal for United.

That sounds absurd.
  • Say if tottenham spent £120m and kept Bale they might knock Arsenal off 4th.

They'll do it regardless.
  • se9addick said:

Rumours are that Mata will be offered to United as part of a renewed Rooney bid next week

So United would get Mata and money for Wayne Rooney ? That would be an amazing deal for United.
    Agreed.

• Mourinho has dismissed the Mata rumour.
  • £100 million obviously not enough for Levy yet.

"@skysports_bryan: We're told Tottenham considering offers from more than one club for Gareth Bale. No deal yet agreed with Real Madrid. #THFC"
  • Man utd maybe?
  • Sponsored links:

• £100 million obviously not enough for Levy yet.

"@skysports_bryan: We're told Tottenham considering offers from more than one club for Gareth Bale. No deal yet agreed with Real Madrid. #THFC"

So £1 plus Danny Green is still being considered?
  • a soap in danger of running longer than Corrie .. Bale will go, it's a question of finding a price (as the punter said to the hooker) .. he no longer wants to play for Spurs .. he is in 'danger' of becoming a multi millionaire at the stroke of a pen .. good luck to him except when playing against English teams
  • JohnBoyUK said:

cafctom said:

How on earth can anybody turn down 80-90 million for a player, unless it is one of the greatest players of all time (which he isn't).

Lets say Levy blocks the move. What does he plan? Just having Bale run a contract down for years to come? He is going to go eventually - to not budge for that sort of money is downright ridiculous.

Take the money, and give AVB a warchest to bring in a number of players that would take Spurs way beyond a level they are now just with Bale in the side.

Thats exactly how I see it.
    Bale has got 3 years left on his contract. He isnt going to sign another one unless (a) its a substantial payrise to stay for one more season with the proviso (b) it guarantees his departure for a set fee at the end of the season...which Spurs & Madrid would probably negotiate based on their current collaboration agreement which exists.

If Levy blocks it full stop, he runs the danger of him leaving on a free, just like Campbell did years ago. So its pretty clear he'll go either now or the end of the season. Simple as aythat.

In all honesty pal seeing as its such a publicised topic you're going to hear lots of different offers from many different 'sources'. If I was levy I'd take the 90m on it own, with coentrao a bonus as that afro geezer has been nothing but shite IMO.

Without disclosing full details, the "source" is two long-standing personal friends inside Spurs. So fairly trustworthy and accurate. Levy dismissed any deal with Modric returning to Spurs out of hand. Interesting you mention BAE, the Afro Geezer. He was first choice under Harry but AVB just doesnt fancy him. I'm presuming Danny Rose is going to start first choice unless someone else comes in.

I'm happy if he stays, I'm happy if he goes for £80-90m. Makes you wonder whether Madrid are getting all the money from given that the Spanish economy is on its knees.
    John were you on talkSPORT the other day?
  • It's all becoming a bit boring now.
  • Summer transfer window is always bloody tedious with these sorts of stories. Especially when the move is so inevitable, yet takes bloody months to actually get done.
  • chazza said:

It's all becoming a bit boring now.

You're not wrong there.

@Codfishjunior - no wasnt on Talksport lol. I'm not one for liking the sound of my own voice.

Whatever happens, we need to get this whole saga sorted out sooner rather than later now. Its beyond a joke.

• edited August 2013
    Apparently the delay or one of the delays is a disagreement over who has what rights to Bale's 11 of hearts sign.

Whatever next ? Is Rooney's hair transplant rights delaying his move to Chelsea ?
  • Bloody Hell......Ain't he gone yet ?
  • And now he's on strike apparently lol.
  • Would love Madrid to suddenly announce bought Suarez for 65m and have concluded their summers transfers.