Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gareth Bale

Comments

• Options
    cafctom said:

How on earth can anybody turn down 80-90 million for a player, unless it is one of the greatest players of all time (which he isn't).

Lets say Levy blocks the move. What does he plan? Just having Bale run a contract down for years to come? He is going to go eventually - to not budge for that sort of money is downright ridiculous.

Take the money, and give AVB a warchest to bring in a number of players that would take Spurs way beyond a level they are now just with Bale in the side.

I think this will be the eventual outcome
  • Options
    JemRacingJake ‏@Jem_RacingJake
    Bale odds for a move to Madrid in this transfer window completely collapse. Now 1/10 whilst it's 11/2 he stays at the lane.

AFCBFamilyStand ‏@AFCBFamilyStand
    @Jem_RacingJake Sky Italia report the deal is done at a price of £93 million. They get a fair bit right. First to report Pep to Bayern
  • Options
    It was clear last season than Bale is at the very top in terms of class and Whilst Spurs are a relatively big fish, there are bigger ones.
  • Options
    80mill plus the left back Concentrao (spelling) I reckon
  • Options
    Great deal for Spurs if true
  • Options
    Bet Southampton do alright out of that too
  • Options
    Crazy money
  • Options
    Well played Levy tbf
  • Options
    I think its been agreed for a while now. Spurs dont wont it public until they have signed players so the price is not hiked up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

80mill plus the left back Concentrao (spelling) I reckon

Some places saying 93m + Concentrao
  • Options
    UEFA: " Hello, is that Real Madrid? About the 93 million quid, this is taking the michael -have you heard of financial fair play? "
    Real:" Oh yes, was gonna speak to you, us and Bayern/Milan/ Barca/Wednesday believe a breakaway super league is the way ahead"
    UEFA "Oh, sorry, wrong number. Apologies"
  • Options
    Over rated and iver priced by 100%. performs well in an ordinary Spurs side.
  • Options
    If Spurs get Coentrao and use the Bale money to buy Willian and Lamela (as reported) and then still have £30m left over then they've got a VERY good side.
  • Options
    Maybe Dale Stephens really is worth £4m !
  • Options
    Hope he does well there, lovely young man and a good footballer too.
  • Options

I think its been agreed for a while now. Spurs dont wont it public until they have signed players so the price is not hiked up.

Was always going to be the case that we get our deals done first and the Bale transfer was announced afterwards.
    Replacements almost agreed and done, I would expect a formal announcement shortly. Happy Days :)

Breaking News - Ars*nal submit bid for Daniel Levy ;)

• Options
    Willian is in London at the moment
  • Options
    Rothko said:

He most certainly is.
    Roma's Director of Football has been in London too.

• Options
    I guess when you factor in debt and further required investment you can see why a player can be worth more than a club. Utter madness though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:

Will I AM ???
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

Rothko said:

Will I AM ???
    Tom Jones and Danny O'Donoghue are set to sign too ;)

• Options
    edited August 2013
    So it could be £20m and Bale for Soldado, Capoue, Chabli, Coentrao, Willian, Lamela, and Paulinho?

That's a good summer's business. Puts Arsenal to shame.

Chelsea, City, United and Spurs top 4 for me if it happens like that.
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

Rothko said:

Will I AM ???
    They'll probably sign him n' all. Annoying twonk seems to be bloody everywhere.
  • Options
    I thought earlier in the window that Spurs shouldn't sell him for any price as I wasn't sure who they could get to replace him but the seem to have proved me wrong there. Coentrao, Willian and Lamela would all be fantastic for them although if they could afford it I think Bale + Lamela would be better but I'm assuming the money they are spending is coming from the Bale sale. Would be a huge disappointment if they didn't get top 4 in my opinion.

It is a lot for Bale, but you can't really think of the money when it comes to Real or Barca. Real in particular will just get bailed (intentionally not a pun...) out by the government anyway and he should help make them a lot of money in merchandise etc as he probably is the most exciting player in Europe not at either of those teams at the moment. I think he can still take his game to another level and be a more consistent scorer and he might even do better when he isn't relied on to be the whole attack of a team and he isn't double/triple teamed.
  • Options
    Anything over £50m for Bale was a good deal. Considering he wanted to leave.

Though will be interesting to see where he plays for Madrid seeing as Ronaldo is in his position.
  • Options
    This tweet started it again:
    Gareth #Bale very close to @realmadrid: deal with @SpursOfficial for 93€. And #Coentrao probably will join spurs. #footballtransfers
    It's since been removed (I think) and it refers to Euros not pounds.
  • Options
    I hope you guys are right as I've basically reported this as fact to everyone in my office with a passing interest in football, often by casually dropping the line "yeah, it was reported by Sky Italia, those guys are pretty reliable".
  • Options
    Spain is skint with massive debts and huge unemployment especially amongst the young .. I will say no more
  • Options
    Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Coentrao, Sandro, Paulinho, Lennon, Willian, Lamela, Soldado

Friedel, Naughton, Vertonghen, Fryers, Rose, Capoue, Dembele, Holtby, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Defoe

Very good squad in my eyes. 2 completely different strong XI's.

They've come a long way since the days of Chimbonda and Zokora.