Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adamo Coulibaly

Comments

• Options
    PeteF said:

None, we will not be pursuing him

Source?

• Options
    Chris Powell
  • Options
    What's he know ;-)
  • Options
    Ha ha as much as you and I it appears... pretty sure he is working hard to get people in though
  • Options
    Might have to settle for loans instead.
  • Options
    That's a shame @PeteF - do you know if the reason was Powell not thinking Coulibaly was up to it or money ?
  • Options
    Neither @se9addick it seems he upped and went to France without saying too much.
  • Options
    Can't blame him really, he's into his 30's, he's out of contract, he's never played at a level at which he'd be set up for life and all of a sudden he's had a couple of good seasons and is in demand. He's going to take whatever he can get.
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Neither @se9addick it seems he upped and went to France without saying too much.

Can't see why that would upset us. We had him on trial for a set time. That time expired and he needed to try his luck elsewhere. He's done nothing wrong has he. I presume we know his phone number.

• Options

PeteF said:

Can't see why that would upset us. We had him on trial for a set time. That time expired and he needed to try his luck elsewhere. He's done nothing wrong has he. I presume we know his phone number.

That's the way I see it, too. Obviously, these trials would have been arranged in advance of knowing how Coulibaly would perform or be received. He's keeping his options open (and remember that Wisla Krakow have already been interested for a few months). Surely the ball is in our court. If Powell wants him and we miss out through dithering, or Slater playing hardball over his contract, I'll be disappointed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon Churcg said to be training with us, is a free agent, knows the league, and is young. I think he suits SCP more.

I would prefer we look longer term as well.
  • Options
    will only get a one year deal though
  • Options

PeteF said:

That's the way I see it, too. Obviously, these trials would have been arranged in advance of knowing how Coulibaly would perform or be received. He's keeping his options open (and remember that Wisla Krakow have already been interested for a few months). Surely the ball is in our court. If Powell wants him and we miss out through dithering, or Slater playing hardball over his contract, I'll be disappointed.

Nobody is dithering or playing hardball with the player or his agents (there are a few).
  • Options
    PeteF said:

PeteF said:

Nobody is dithering or playing hardball with the player or his agents (there are a few).
    You are toying with us, PeteF! Do you know for sure that Powell doesn't want him, or that Coulibaly doesn't want us? In the words of Private Eye, I think we should be told.

• Options
    Some guy on Facebook put up a picture of coulibaly in the New kit for the squad's headshot lineup, strange thing to do if you have no intention of signing someone
  • Options
    Ron Hulse it is then.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Some guy on Facebook put up a picture of coulibaly in the New kit for the squad's headshot lineup, strange thing to do if you have no intention of signing someone

Do you have a link?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Agree , but the photo was taken on the 19th so before he left
  • Options

Ron Hulse it is then.

Is he Rob's dad?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

sam3110 said:

Agree , but the photo was taken on the 19th so before he left
    Just in case he did sign perhaps. It's only a photo.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

will only get a one year deal though

Most likely with an option on a second year.

• Options
    agim said:

It's a difficult one. Obviously the future of our club is imperative to all us supporters. To 'do a Portsmouth' is not the answer. If their is no money at the club then it's the boards job to either find investment or sell the club. None of us know exactly what's going on or the financial situation but from the hear say it's not great.
    We was told there was a 5 year plan. What was that then?
    Get out of league 1 - check
    Survive in the championship - check
    Then what? They should be looking at last season and thinking if we improve the squad we've got a shot at the playoffs. Instead we don't do anything and I think staying up again would be a real achievement.

It is a 5 year plan, not a 3 year plan. Following the success of last year, the way in which we progressed throughout the season, and with the players (particularly the young ones) getting a year of experience at this level, it would be fair for the board to expect that IF given the same matchday squad as last year Powell would be able to achieve a similar points haul. It is clear that we need another striker or two, but I think that the board will feel that there is little point in heavily investing this year if those players that are purchased will not do a job if we get promotion.

Getting out of the Champoinship requires a different tactic than league 1. The league 1 winning year was about SCP getting a squad together that can survive / compete in the championship, we (as well as most championship clubs) cant afford that tactic this time around, perhaps hte plan has changed somewhat in light of our successful youth teams? if we can stay in the championship then perhaps these players will form the core of the side for a push for promotion in a year or two?
  • Options
    well they will have to invest heavily next summer because every player and coaching staff bar two are out of contract
  • Options

PeteF said:

PeteF said:

You are toying with us, PeteF! Do you know for sure that Powell doesn't want him, or that Coulibaly doesn't want us? In the words of Private Eye, I think we should be told.

I am toying with nobody, just passing on what Chris Powell said last night after the game, I have no idea if CP wants him or not, I get the impression though that he was less than pleased with the agents situation, I have given up trying to read his mind.
  • Options
    PeteF said:

PeteF said:

PeteF said:

I am toying with nobody, just passing on what Chris Powell said last night after the game, I have no idea if CP wants him or not, I get the impression though that he was less than pleased with the agents situation, I have given up trying to read his mind.
    Thanks; that does clarify the situation somewhat - and it sounds disappointing.

• Options
    The quotes to which Mr Finch refers to from after the Dagenham game are here

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/10568140.Powell_on_Coulibaly__Obika_and_continued_striker_search/

• Options

Ron Hulse it is then.

Is he Rob's dad?
    Ha ha , erm no , his brother, fat fingers syndrome, well that's my excuse!

• Options
    edited July 2013
    PeteF said:

Crickey we have a real life Patrick Jane in our midst!

• Options
    Powell has said he has about 85 agents and that's why he can't see him coming back, near the bottom of this article on the OS:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20130724-our-quality-was-there-for-all-to-see-941718.aspx?
  • Options

Sling your hook Adamo....