Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adamo Coulibaly

Comments

• Options

Translation from what I think is the RC Lens equivalent of Charlton life

While everyone was expecting a return Adama Coulibaly, former Malian defender RC Lens, it seems to be rather Adamo Coulibaly who is engaged with the club according lensois site L'Equipe.

It is a 31 year old striker from the Ivory Coast, which currently operates in Debrecen, Hungary, the Hungarian championship top scorer in 2012-13 with 18 goals). He also played in Antwerp in Belgium before. It measures 1.87 m 78 kg.

Is there a confusion between the attacker with Adamo Coulibaly and defender Adama Coulibaly, as La Voix du Nord had recently between Pablo Chavarria and Mariano Echeverria? (Read: Upd: An Argentine defender RC Lens) Unless both players signed with RC Lens, which is also plausible.

• Options

Bring back BWP

• Options
    Another site, same sort of story

It seems there was a misunderstanding about the arrival of Adama Coulibaly RC Lens, announced earlier in the day. Indeed, the player about to commit Racing is not the central defender but Auxerre Adamo Coulibaly. Out of contract in Debrecen, Hungary first division club, the 31 year old striker from the Ivory Coast trains in effect Monday to Gaillette with the rest of the group Antoine Kombouare. The duration of the contract is not yet known. These last two seasons, he scored 38 goals in 54 league games.
  • Options
    if he signs we should name a stand after him .. the Coulibaly Enclosure sounds really cool & classy
  • Options
    In addition to the Lens connection, don't forget Wisla Krakow are interested, as mentioned in early postings.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Richard Cawley tweeting that we knew full well that he was heading back to France and that we made no real move to sign him, simply asked to extend the trial.

Same shit as last year. Clearly trying to delay deals until the Sky money arrives.
  • Options

Richard Cawley tweeting that we knew full well that he was heading back to France and that we made no real move to sign him, simply asked to extend the trial.

Same shit as last year. Clearly trying to delay deals until the Sky money arrives.

That's depressing. If SCP genuinely wants him and we miss out, I'll be disappointed.

• Options
    Seeing as the SKY money is mentioned on more than one thread here can someone tell me when it is actually expected to arrive?
  • Options
    Can't believe the bollocks here! Sky money is a sure thing and its a simple matter to take a bank advance with this as a guarantor! I suspect its the wages that's killing off the prospects, pure and simple.
  • Options
    the Sky Money is part of this years budget it goes against the running costs -its already "gone"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But we have saved shed loads on wages. We get good solid crowds. We (since the savings) must have a low salary expenditure for the champ. Total pigs ear being made of running the club. How can they let it reach this situation (if these assumptions are true)
  • Options

Can't believe the bollocks here! Sky money is a sure thing and its a simple matter to take a bank advance with this as a guarantor! I suspect its the wages that's killing off the prospects, pure and simple.

Banks do not lend to football clubs anymore. We only have an overdraft as RM personally guarantees it.

• Options
    From what I've heard from within the club they don't want to spend any money on anything. Cut backs are even being made with non playing staffs money. If we sign anyone I'm sure it will be on loan with parent club paying most of the wages.
    I can't understand the logic of our owners. There's little money to be made in football. If they'd invested 5-6 million this summer in my opinion we'd of challenged for promotion which as we know is where the £ is. Risk and reward. Simple as that.
  • Options
    It never ceases to amaze me how generous some people are with other people's money...
  • Options
    If we aren't getting Coulibaly then it's disappointing. I though he looked strong and dangerous in the first half v Pompey and when fully fit could be a threat in this league. I guess the other side of the story is his wage demands which I don't know but I highly doubt he has high wage expectations after four years in Hungary.
  • Options
    agim said:

From what I've heard from within the club they don't want to spend any money on anything. Cut backs are even being made with non playing staffs money. If we sign anyone I'm sure it will be on loan with parent club paying most of the wages.
    I can't understand the logic of our owners. There's little money to be made in football. If they'd invested 5-6 million this summer in my opinion we'd of challenged for promotion which as we know is where the £ is. Risk and reward. Simple as that.

Where was this money going to come from?
  • Options
    Only 5 or 6... MILLION

Yeah nice one. Diamond.

That's nothing I'll go withdraw it now shall I?
  • Options
    If you get Involved in pro footy to make money it doesn't make sense to pile in tens of millions and then stop before the project is completed. There are only two possibilities that don't involve losses. One is to get to the promised land and cash in and the other is to get someone else with deeper pockets involved having first added enough value to make a profit. The second option obviously needs very careful timing. We are on an upward curve under SCP but if this season is a downward kink our owners will be further away on either scenario.

Plan C would involve hoping SCP can work a miracle and get still more out of our brilliant bunch of lads. Plan C would probably not involve buying anyone. Perhaps we are on Plan C. We don't really know, do we?

Best advice would be not to invest in pro footy unless it is your passion and you can utilise the tax losses.
  • Options
    To be fair an investment of 5 or 6 million does not seem a lot of money in FOOTBALL terms.

When you consider the amount of money we spent on crap players over the years it is highly frustrating!
  • Options
    Yeah we did our share of wasting the TV millions didn't we? Marcus Bent and The Fox in the Box anyone?

(shudders and gets back to work)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah we did our share of wasting the TV millions didn't we? Marcus Bent and The Fox in the Box anyone?

Dowie made some bad judgements and wasted a good few millions.

• Options
    Anyone else think it would be a splendid idea just to re-sign Haynes and Fuller
  • Options
    Yes but Haynes has gone to Notts County i think.
  • Options
    Couldn't see us stumping up a transfer fee ;-)
  • Options

Yes but Haynes has gone to Notts County i think.

sh1t forgot about that.
  • Options

The shit Bent and Jeffers were both Curbishley signings.

First time I've ever defended Dowie. This doesn't feel right.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    This is the stupid thing. Yes I get we may well be potless (due to the idiocy of those running the club either past or present depending on what facts are correct), but that doesn't excuse the complete strategic balls up that has left us so light up front it would be comical if it wasnt so serious (football wise). We renew Cort AND Dervite AND Evina. We also pay out wages on Wood. We also pay out wages on Gower when we have tonnes of CM cover. As the above mentions, surely we should have made sure we were better covered by securing the signature of at least one of our strikers in exchange for one of the signings above.

So I am not moaning at lack of activity. I just think it is ludicrous and short sighted how we have covered off our squad.
  • Options
    dabos said:

The shit Bent and Jeffers were both Curbishley signings.

First time I've ever defended Dowie. This doesn't feel right.

Yes, I was aware they were Curbs' blunders. Wasn't Dowie's downfall caused by bad signings? How much did we pay, and for whom?

• Options
    But you are assuming strikers won't come in. I would imagine we are waiting on Obika and then with a limited budget, Powell is trying to find the right man. I'm sure he would have gone for a few, but you don't always get your targets when other clubs can offer more money! I would be very suprised if we don't have another striker before the season starts and another within a wek or two of it starting.
  • Options
    Lens who have Coulibaly at the moment have very deep pockets, they have a middle eastern backer who has very deep pockets and is determined to achieve promotion.