Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adamo Coulibaly

Comments

• Options

It was hasty. There didn't seem to be a plan post dowie. A knee jerk reaction that did more harm than good.

Wolves sacked mcarthey mid season and ended up with that doughnut who simply did have a clue. Remind me what happened to wolves?

And why did Dowie do so well at Palarse, yet fail for us? Aside from the eccentricities mentioned by MrLargo above, was it his poor judgements when buying players? And were 12 or 13 games enough to judge him? I remember the poor old sod was as shocked at getting the boot as I was surprised.

Pretty sure it was said that he was relieved of his duties for non footballing reasons. The brother incident was after he had been specifically told he was not allowed to bring his brother into the club. There were other incidents and failures to act in the manner that he had agreed to when taking over his post, incidents when he went missing. I tried searching Dowie, I am sure that a few interesting threads have come up.
  • Options
    Admittedly the performances weren't that bad - certainly not good but by no means hopeless. Had he stayed I don't think we would have finished above the bottom six, but we might have stayed up. In Dowie's defence, I think it was inevitable that, whoever came in after Curbs, we would have a season of transition resulting in a season of mediocrity on the pitch.

Nevertheless, he was given a significant amount of money to spend and made a point of blowing it as quickly as possible, on rash, ill-considered signings. The £4m he spent on Traore and Faye is totally inexcusable, he overpaid for Soulemayne Diawara (another £4m), got Omar Pouso on a season long loan - Mark Kinsella revealed at the Supporters Trust launch last December that, when he was appointed to the coaching staff, one of his first jobs was to take Pouso for runs in the local park, just so that his negative influence was kept away from the rest of the squad. Andy Reid aside, none of his signings looked like they'd been the subject of any proper research, not just in terms of their talent on the pitch, but whether or not their personality would fit in with the rest of the squad.

I've made myself angry now. Off to spend a couple of hours with a box of matches and my Iain Dowie Voodoo Doll.
  • Options
    Thanks, Kap10, I'll read those threads. Did you know that some Palarse fans nicknamed Dowie 'The Gargoyle'? His head bears a striking resemblance to those stone statues on Easter Island. Poor old sod....
  • Options
    I opened this thread to read the latest on the possibility of signing a striker and what do I get? Another rant at Dowie. Yes, he deserves all the stick he's given but please, somewhere else!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Admittedly the performances weren't that bad - certainly not good but by no means hopeless. Had he stayed I don't think we would have finished above the bottom six, but we might have stayed up. In Dowie's defence, I think it was inevitable that, whoever came in after Curbs, we would have a season of transition resulting in a season of mediocrity on the pitch.

Nevertheless, he was given a significant amount of money to spend and made a point of blowing it as quickly as possible, on rash, ill-considered signings. The £4m he spent on Traore and Faye is totally inexcusable, he overpaid for Soulemayne Diawara (another £4m), got Omar Pouso on a season long loan - Mark Kinsella revealed at the Supporters Trust launch last December that, when he was appointed to the coaching staff, one of his first jobs was to take Pouso for runs in the local park, just so that his negative influence was kept away from the rest of the squad. Andy Reid aside, none of his signings looked like they'd been the subject of any proper research, not just in terms of their talent on the pitch, but whether or not their personality would fit in with the rest of the squad.

I've made myself angry now. Off to spend a couple of hours with a box of matches and my Iain Dowie Voodoo Doll.

That's very interesting, MrLargo: I didn't know the details. Astonishing story about Pouso! I suppose Dowie didn't have the experience of having so much money to play with - I'm assuming he hadn't managed in the Prem before. Did he have any guidance, any avuncular advice from someone within the club? - or was he relying on his infamous brother Bob!

• Options
    he made some shocking signings (Traore and Faye) but...if Dowie had been given the whole season I reckon we'd have stayed up
  • Options

he made some shocking signings (Traore and Faye) but...if Dowie had been given the whole season I reckon we'd have stayed up

Yep - seems bizarre to say it. But

THIS.
  • Options

Not as shocking as this deluded statement.

• Options
    Murray was a fool for appointing Dowie- sure he deeply regrets it!
  • Options
    Testé par le RC Lens jusque mercredi soir (voir brève : Adamo Coulibaly va signer au RC Lens), Adamo Coulibaly suscite aussi l’intérêt d’autres formations. Ainsi, l’attaquant ivoirien de 31 ans, libre depuis la fin de son contrat à Debrecen en première division hongroise, intéresse Châteauroux ainsi que des formations anglaises et de l’Europe de l’Est.

Looks like he's signing for Lens
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

That's very interesting, MrLargo: I didn't know the details. Astonishing story about Pouso! I suppose Dowie didn't have the experience of having so much money to play with - I'm assuming he hadn't managed in the Prem before. Did he have any guidance, any avuncular advice from someone within the club? - or was he relying on his infamous brother Bob!

He had managed in the Prem - he was in charge of Palace the season that we relegated them. As far as guidance and advice is concerned, he had Les Reed and Mark Robson alongside him. He also brought over some of his henchman from Palace, including a goalkeeping coach and some chubby Australian Mr Motivator-type whose background was in Rugby League.

Back on topic, I suspect we'd get far better value for money from signing Coulibaly than anyone that the ugly incompetent freakshow ever signed.
  • Options

Testé par le RC Lens jusque mercredi soir (voir brève : Adamo Coulibaly va signer au RC Lens), Adamo Coulibaly suscite aussi l’intérêt d’autres formations. Ainsi, l’attaquant ivoirien de 31 ans, libre depuis la fin de son contrat à Debrecen en première division hongroise, intéresse Châteauroux ainsi que des formations anglaises et de l’Europe de l’Est.

Looks like he's signing for Lens

A:Tested by RC Lens until Wednesday evening (see brief: Adamo Coulibaly will sign to RC Lens), Adamo Coulibaly also interest other formations. Thus, Côte d'Ivoire 31-year-old, free striker since the end of his contract in Debrecen in the first Hungarian division, interested Châteauroux as well as English courses and the Eastern Europe. (English)
  • Options
    Some people on here are sarcastic idiots. My post was made hypothetically speaking. How do any of us know how much dosh our 'owners' are sitting on. My point being why not invest? Or are they happy to just sit tight and make a gradual loss every year? Our squad is not good enough to go up without investment. So invest!
    5-6 million is a figure that if invested well imho would pretty much guarantee promotion. Makes us 60 odd million quid and would also make us a
    more attractive club to sell. A 6 million inveinvestment for a 70 million sell?! And lets be honest we all know these guys are here to try and make a profit. As I said risk and reward.

• Options

Not as shocking as this deluded statement.

Didn't thus argument occur in 2007?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

He had managed in the Prem - he was in charge of Palace the season that we relegated them. As far as guidance and advice is concerned, he had Les Reed and Mark Robson alongside him. He also brought over some of his henchman from Palace, including a goalkeeping coach and some chubby Australian Mr Motivator-type whose background was in Rugby League.

Back on topic, I suspect we'd get far better value for money from signing Coulibaly than anyone that the ugly incompetent freakshow ever signed.
    To be fair- i thought Carson was a decent loan signing, and Reid and Diawara were not too shoddy! We needed a midfielder clearly better than Faye, but I recall there was nobody in our price range on the market at the time!!!
  • Options
    agim said:

Some people on here are sarcastic idiots. My post was made hypothetically speaking. How do any of us know how much dosh our 'owners' are sitting on. My point being why not invest? Or are they happy to just sit tight and make a gradual loss every year? Our squad is not good enough to go up without investment. So invest!
    5-6 million is a figure that if invested well imho would pretty much guarantee promotion. Makes us 60 odd million quid and would also make us a
    more attractive club to sell. A 6 million inveinvestment for a 70 million sell?! And lets be honest we all know these guys are here to try and make a profit. As I said risk and reward.

Not true. This is one of the most competitive leagues around and fortunately it's not possible to just buy your way out. There is a lot more to it than that! And i for one am glad of that!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Chrissy made th epoint when interviewed at club day that Blackburn spen £7m on one player and we finsihed above them!
  • Options
    I agree, BUT as I keep saying it is a risk and reward business. Why the are you in it if you don't want to win it? An investment has to come somewhere. They can't just sit on the pot.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Millwall have built a very useful looking squad. Hope they fall on their arses but I have a feeling they might have a very good season.
  • Options
    Eh? I'm confused, whats this thread about.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think they've made some excellent championship signings.
  • Options
    This guy is this season Reo Coker.

• Options
    *******The next one to mention Dowie in this thread will be banned for the day.*******
  • Options
    only because there's nothing interesting happening anyway,

Iain Dowie

*awaits message*
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    agim said:

I agree, BUT as I keep saying it is a risk and reward business. Why the are you in it if you don't want to win it? An investment has to come somewhere. They can't just sit on the pot.

what if they just don't have the money to invest??
  • Options
    It's a difficult one. Obviously the future of our club is imperative to all us supporters. To 'do a Portsmouth' is not the answer. If their is no money at the club then it's the boards job to either find investment or sell the club. None of us know exactly what's going on or the financial situation but from the hear say it's not great.
    We was told there was a 5 year plan. What was that then?
    Get out of league 1 - check
    Survive in the championship - check
    Then what? They should be looking at last season and thinking if we improve the squad we've got a shot at the playoffs. Instead we don't do anything and I think staying up again would be a real achievement.
  • Options
    Coulibaly will not be coming back
  • Options
    PeteF said:

Coulibaly will not be coming back

Any news from France ?
  • Options
    None, we will not be pursuing him