Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth friendly confirmed as 'pay what you like'

Comments

• Options
    I'm with Large on this.......if I was going ! Ashes Test match at Lords PLUS The Open means I will be glued to the tv all day and not setting foot outside my door.

If I was going then I expect I'd probably £5 - like Large I also remember sitting on an open terrace in the rain/cold during our Premiership years whilst they spent the money that should have been spent on upgrading their facilities on the team. If I remember correctly I think they were given a dispensation of another year to get the ground up to scratch, whilst spending the money on players.

• Options
    At those prices I may get a couple of tickets and spread out. I don't think the test match will affect the attendance that much but we'll soon see.
  • Options

I'll pay a quid, nothing more. Will make up for times I've had to sit/stand in the rain with no roof on my head paying some ridiculous amount so they could pay some knob 55k pw.

Hope this is a joke.

why? In my opinion they are lucky to still be in existance having shafted local traders more than once whilst paying players wages of 55k plus pw. Their fans didn't moan then while they were larging it in the PL and whilst paying these large amounts and running up debts and shafting all and sundry away fans were paying a small fortune to sit in an antiquated 'stand' with no roof. Sorry if I don't have much sympathy with them. I don't think their situation compares to ours at all. I hope it works out for them this time round but it will take more than this to convince me.

Here's what you had to say about the signing of Mark Gower:

"can't say the signing of Gower is the mark of a Club with that much ambition, in my opinion"

So when a club signs a player who isn't likely to be a world beater but falls within a budget you complain about a lack of ambition...and yet when when clubs splash the money about you complain that they are "larging it".

hahaha, think the fella contradicted himself a tad......................
  • Options
    I think I will go to this one. Direct train from crawley

@creepyaddick fancy it?
  • Options

I'll pay a quid, nothing more. Will make up for times I've had to sit/stand in the rain with no roof on my head paying some ridiculous amount so they could pay some knob 55k pw.

Hope this is a joke.

why? In my opinion they are lucky to still be in existance having shafted local traders more than once whilst paying players wages of 55k plus pw. Their fans didn't moan then while they were larging it in the PL and whilst paying these large amounts and running up debts and shafting all and sundry away fans were paying a small fortune to sit in an antiquated 'stand' with no roof. Sorry if I don't have much sympathy with them. I don't think their situation compares to ours at all. I hope it works out for them this time round but it will take more than this to convince me.

If you feel that way then why bother going at all?

Portsmouth has been badly run in the recent past - but the fans are now in charge and are trying to do things differently and dare I say it properly.

I recall the first match back at the Valley where bar a very small number of tickets Portsmouth handed most of their entitlement back to CAFC so that more of our fans could attend the first game back. Their fans could have kicked up a fuss at the time - but chose not to. Perhaps this is our opportunity to help them?
    Pompey did not hand back any tickets. All clubs in that first season got the same allocation, 2 blocks of the Temp West Stand
  • Options
    I live in Portsmouth so it's a no-brainer really. Will gladly pay £10 or more if I'm feeling generous.
  • Options
    I was thinking a tenner
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Gun Wharf Quays at Portsmouth is brilliant, full of bars, restaurants, night clubs and an outlet shopping centre with shops like Ralph Lauren, Boss,Nike etc.

Well worth a weekend away.

• Options
    RZA said:

I live in Portsmouth so it's a no-brainer really. Will gladly pay £10 or more if I'm feeling generous.

I'm in Portchester overlooking Portsmouth Harbour so a few mates are coming to my place and we will go on to the game from here with the Pompey supporting missus. Might reluctantly part with a fiver. to get in.
  • Options
    bc_addick said:

RZA said:

I'm in Portchester overlooking Portsmouth Harbour so a few mates are coming to my place and we will go on to the game from here with the Pompey supporting missus. Might reluctantly part with a fiver. to get in.

What time do you want us there, Brian ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 quid twice the asking price seems fair
  • Options
    Can we haggle at the turnstiles?
  • Options
    I have a feeling that Portsmouth, Middlesboro, Huddersfield and Charlton are a small group of clubs that have played each other loads of times. The fortunes ebb and flow over the years, and I do feel for the creditors who have lost out, and also feel antipathy for the minority of Portsmouth fans who are downright nasty.
    However I also tend to quite like Portsmouth because they were the opposition on 'that' day, and I chatted with some of their support in the Anti and they were great, and later reported that if ever there was a match they didn't mind losing, it was the day we returned to the Valley.
    Also Jimmy Dickenson gave our Sam a giant cake on his 500th game.
  • Options

bc_addick said:

RZA said:

What time do you want us there, Brian ?

I'm sure we can squeeze you in. Especially as you count as one of my 'mates' lol

• Options
    There's no stopping this woman :-)
  • Options
    Bad stuff went on at Pompey but anyone going ought to stump up at least the going rate for a pre season friendly surely? Whatever that is these days. What's the price for Welling?
  • Options

Bad stuff went on at Pompey but anyone going ought to stump up at least the going rate for a pre season friendly surely? Whatever that is these days. What's the price for Welling?

TERRACE
    ADULT £12
    CONCESSION Ov 60/U16 £7
    U12 £3

OLD STAND
    ADULT SEAT £14
    CONCESSION SEAT Ov 60/U16 £9
    U12 SEAT £5

NEW STAND
    ADULT SEAT £14
    CONCESSION SEAT Ov 60/U16 £9
    U12 SEAT £5

• Options

Last year it was 12 sovs at Welling. We bought our tickets from a bloke outside the ground for a tenner.

• Options
    I'll pay a pound, nothing more nothing less, times are hard
  • Options
    Not like Charlton fans to hold a grudge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    God forbid we ever go under.
  • Options
    I'll give whatever the locals on the estate throw during the walk to the ground.
  • Options
    If i was going i'd happily pay £5, but im on holiday (get out clause :) )

Just pay what you feel dont worry about everyone else, I agree with how the club has gone into admin etc. but they have the best supporters in England and good luck to them.

On a side note it would be nice if we could follow suit for a fans day out either for a friendly or a carling cup game, should get the numbers and would be a good day.
  • Options
    £10 as an adult £5 as a kid / old git seems fair enough to me for a pre season friendly.

I don't think anyone could complain either way at that though I don't doubt that they will!
  • Options
    wallin58 said:

I got train 9.90 return from Victoria so will happily pay fiver for the game. Should be good fun

Wallin... where did you buy your train ticket for that cheap? I'm only seeing £20/30
  • Options
    stvrdd said:

wallin58 said:

I got train 9.90 return from Victoria so will happily pay fiver for the game. Should be good fun

Wallin... where did you buy your train ticket for that cheap? I'm only seeing £20/30
    Yeah - On the National Rail site I'm being quoted £34.30 for the walk-up day return from Waterloo to Portsmouth. Outrageous. Seems you can go cheaper from Victoria if you buy in advance, but it's a bit confusing. Details please, Wallin...

• Options
    Whatever change is in my sky rocket at the time I will be paying.
  • Options
    Other than the fact that pompey will obviously only employ honest turnstyle operators how will I know that the whole £10 I'm prepared to pay will make its way into the club's coffers and not just £1 ?
  • Options
    I think they should make this game 'pay as you leave'.
  • Options
    booking trains this afternoon should be a good day out can anyone reccomend any good pubs down there? getting there about 11 and getting train home about 7ish