Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley is amazing...

This probably sounds really lame, but there are times when Im sat in the NWQ and we could be winning and playing well, or losing badly and I just look around the Valley for a moment and I think to myself "Wow, our stadium is beautiful". It almost makes the hairs on my neck stand up. Does anyone else get that feeling?

It has the modernness to it with the new stands, with the classic style of a ground bang in the middle of houses and streets where a football ground should be.

I feel really proud to be an addick when I think about all the hard work the supporters before my time put in to get us back here, and seeing pictures of derelict stadium in the 80s, thats been transformed to what it is today.

I dont think I could ever take the Valley for granted, its just wonderful.

Just wanted to share that....

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, especially when full(ish).
  • Options
    Siddarn.
  • Options
    I look at the valley and think it would be a great away day.
  • Options
    It's alright.

Would be so much better if it had blue seats and we moved the away fans though. Plus, what's all that crap music about when the teams come out. And that badge could do with "upgrading", same as the players.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean Trev and share those feelings entirely. To hear RRR on a Saturday afternoon from my seat in the East Stand will never loose its special feeling, I have swapped my Grandad for my Son next to me which adds to its sense of habit/history/tradition whatever is happening on the pitch.

I have been to bigger, newer, louder stadiums but like a comfy pair of shoes the Valley is our home and fits perfectly wherever the away fans are sat.

I am nicking that picture as well!
  • Options
    It can be strangely lacking in atmosphere, even with a crowd of 19,000. Hate to say it, but we were frequently out-voiced by away fans last season; (our many abysmal home performances might have something to do with that). Most exciting buzz in recent years - against Hartlepool, final game in Div One: Red Devils, opera diva, guard of honour... Was there a dry eye in the house?
  • Options
    Who was that game against out of curiosity?
  • Options
    If you ever get a chance go pitch side on a match day. Seems much bigger then it does when in the stands.

PS has anyone ever seen CAFCTrev and Ackworth in the same room : - )
  • Options
    wow, look at that stand at the far end.

to me, it looks acoustically superior to any other part of the ground.

• Options
    Judging by the state of the pitch I assume this wasn't taken this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Strange that no one has ever thought of moving home fans there. I can't see any reason not to.

• Options

Macronate said:

Strange that no one has ever thought of moving home fans there. I can't see any reason not to.

Oh you guys!
  • Options
    Oh you softie Trev! What camera did you use btw to take that pic?
  • Options
    it's nice but I think we should bring back the flood lights.
  • Options

Oh you softie Trev! What camera did you use btw to take that pic?

Aint my pic! Just google image searched the Valley and thats the best one I found!
  • Options
    Yup, the ground is ok, but what really makes it for me is wandering around the car park before a game and just admiring the pot holes. Think these are unique to The Valley. ;-)
  • Options
    The Valley is a good looking stadium now, the wrap around North Stand development really pushed it to another level. Unfortunately, the best view of the ground architecture is from the Jimmy Seed stand!
  • Options
    Sounds a bit strange but I liked it the way it was with those huge terraces and that old stand that had around 3,000 seats.
  • Options

It can be strangely lacking in atmosphere, even with a crowd of 19,000. Hate to say it, but we were frequently out-voiced by away fans last season; (our many abysmal home performances might have something to do with that). Most exciting buzz in recent years - against Hartlepool, final game in Div One: Red Devils, opera diva, guard of honour... Was there a dry eye in the house?

I went to a fair few aways last season and can't really think of anywhere that had a good atmosphere, besides Cardiff for obvious reasons. I guess Forest were decent but they trashed us on the pitch that day, away fans are always more up for it.

And yeah, The Valley. My home from home.

• Options
    Lets cash in on it at get a new one over my the 02
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sralan said:

Yup, the ground is ok, but what really makes it for me is wandering around the car park before a game and just admiring the pot holes. Think these are unique to The Valley. ;-)

Try Sparrows Lane, New Eltham. It's like riding your bike through Basra.

• Options
    Does anybody have pictures from the south stand. Be nice to see the rounded stands.
  • Options
    What annoys me is the NWQ roof isn't flush to the West Stand roof, an inexplicable error/design that just looks aesthetically terrible.
  • Options
    What annoys me is when the toilets don't flush.
  • Options
    Great picture but it's from a few years ago - Llanera adverts around the ground mean at least, what, 5 years?
    Meanwhile and amazingly, Llanera has only just been put out of its misery!
    elpais.com/elpais/2013/05/21/inenglish/1369136083_740731.html
  • Options
    From the Jimmy Seed
  • Options
    It annoys me that you can't see the ground properly when going past on the train. I think the housing estate should be knocked down to give a better view.
  • Options
    DRF said:

It annoys me that you can't see the ground properly when going past on the train. I think the housing estate should be knocked down to give a better view.

I agree. I think we should also build a new station there just for the away fans, with a covered walkway/bridge directly into the North Upper where they will be housed.

And the station should be flush to the stand, with flushing toilets and a flushing roof.

Shouldn't cost too much.

• Options
    Off_it said:

DRF said:

I agree. I think we should also build a new station there just for the away fans, with a covered walkway/bridge directly into the North Upper where they will be housed.

And the station should be flush to the stand, with flushing toilets and a flushing roof.

Shouldn't cost too much.

We could re-name the ground Flushing Meadows.