Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Citie vs Wigan

Comments

• Options
    this is on for athletic.
  • Options

se9addick said:

the issue was English, not Irish and/or British

Genuine (and random) question as the great Liverpool team of the '80's was a bit before my time, but I understand they had a good number of Scottish players-did people think that was bad for English football in the same way ?
    I think that this was the start of a problem .. during the 80s Liverpool regularly put out teams with no English players ..
    Why is that a problem? If there are players better than the English ones, then play them. We shouldn't put out weaker players just because they're English.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    there has always been a large scots and later Irish and Welsh element in the great sides .. Bremner, Giles, Law, Crerand, Best and scores of others .. but mostly, English teams were comprised of English players
  • Options
    that macmanamanaman is avin a blinder!
  • Options
    City look worried.
  • Options
    he's good .. and odds on he'll be off .. Moyes signing ??
  • Options
    Can't handle McManaman.
  • Options
    McManaman is playing his way into a summer move.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Genuine (and random) question as the great Liverpool team of the '80's was a bit before my time, but I understand they had a good number of Scottish players-did people think that was bad for English football in the same way ?
    I think that this was the start of a problem .. during the 80s Liverpool regularly put out teams with no English players ..
    That's interesting cheers, you'd think in a hotbed like Liverpool they'd have been able to find plenty of local talent.

On another note, just seen on the electronic advert boards (is there a proper name for those?) that Beko is "the official home appliance of the FA Cup"!
  • Options
    Bl@@dy crossbar
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Watson! Another englishman. :-)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    athletics keeper has done very well too, assured hands (so far).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

That's interesting cheers, you'd think in a hotbed like Liverpool they'd have been able to find plenty of local talent.

On another note, just seen on the electronic advert boards (is there a proper name for those?) that Beko is "the official home appliance of the FA Cup"!
    always a smattering of local players .. Thompson, Lawler, Morrissey, (not the manc crooner), Tommy Smith, the other McManaman, Fowler, Gerrard of course and many I can't remember .. the lower leagues are rife with scousers .. but at the very top level .. not too many
  • Options
    Wigan are hungry once in a lifetime moment for them
  • Options

Ben Watson! Another englishman. :-)

Ex Palarse
  • Options
    Bye Zaba
  • Options
    off
  • Options
    Zabaleta is a dirty bastard .. get off
  • Options
    Superb leap/flip from McManaman there.
  • Options
    City down to 10 men! Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does this go to ET or is there a replay ?
  • Options
    Barry is dog shit. The amount off misplaced passed by him is shocking.
  • Options
    Shame, I like Zabaleta. When he got booked earlier and Townsend praised him for stopping the run I did wonder what he'd do if he got caught in that situation again. Evidently the exact same thing. Still, I like Wigan so this suits me
  • Options
    Barry should go as well
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    but he's English !!!!
  • Options
    Citie have been shocking, comon Wigan
  • Options
    BBC live feed say it's been a "disappointing cup final".

...maybe if you're a City fan. This has been the best final for a few years.
  • Options
    xtra time looms
  • Options
    nothing wrong with this final.
  • Options
    get in