Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Citie vs Wigan

Comments

• Options
    Come on Wigan!
  • Options
    argggghh should have buried it
  • Options
    Should've hit it first time.
  • Options
    come on Wigan .. and then next season we can beat the cup holders twice
  • Options
    I think it's something like twice in the last 18 years that the lower placed team has beaten the team higher than it in the league. In the previous 20 years it was evens stevens at 10-10.

Money talks even when it's two Premier League clubs it appears...but I still fancy Wigan to get something out of this game over 90 mins.
  • Options
    so far .. a decent game
  • Options

I think it's something like twice in the last 18 years that the lower placed team has beaten the team higher than it in the league. In the previous 20 years it was evens stevens at 10-10.

Money talks even when it's two Premier League clubs it appears...but I still fancy Wigan to get something out of this game over 90 mins.

Guaranteed a medal
  • Options
    What a save ! Unbelievable not sure how much he knew about it though!
  • Options
    Great plat Macmanaman..............Ricky Villaish
  • Options
    Come on Wigan, keep it going.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wigan best team 1st half
  • Options

Wigan best team 1st half

Agree, but how many times have you seen the supposed lessor team have a great first half and then get swept away in the second.

McManaman has been outstanding.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the first half. Would love to see the underdogs win, but have a feeling that Wigan will pay for missing those chances...hope not. Great save by Joel from Tevez...just seen the replays of it and he definitely moves his right foot to make the block.
  • Options
    only three Englishmen on the pitch and that's assuming Boyce is English. Wonder if that's a record?
  • Options

only three Englishmen on the pitch and that's assuming Boyce is English. Wonder if that's a record?

You're Ok...he was born in Aylesbury :-)
  • Options
    Very close for City. I'm loving that overhead camera angle for replays!
  • Options

it's a worry isn't it
  • Options
    Don't worry Milner coming on
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

You're Ok...he was born in Aylesbury :-)
    If it makes it any better Wigan have two Scots and a pretend Irishman.
  • Options
    callum mcmanaman English
    Gareth Barry English
    joe hart English
    Emerson Boyce english
    and now Milner english

I make 5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lower Gomez lower .. he's only short !!
  • Options
    plus

Shaun Maloney
    James McCarthy
    James McArthur

makes 8 British & Irish.
  • Options
    the issue was English, not Irish and/or British
  • Options
    McManaman will be a wanted young man in the close season .. I'll forgive him his worst tackle of the season award
  • Options
    Rodwell coming on. :-)
  • Options
    ENGLISH !!!
  • Options

Genuine (and random) question as the great Liverpool team of the '80's was a bit before my time, but I understand they had a good number of Scottish players-did people think that was bad for English football in the same way ?
  • Options
    Wigan giving it a real go. And good on 'em.
    God knows this competition needs it.
  • Options
    86,254 oohaa
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Genuine (and random) question as the great Liverpool team of the '80's was a bit before my time, but I understand they had a good number of Scottish players-did people think that was bad for English football in the same way ?
    I think that this was the start of a problem .. during the 80s Liverpool regularly put out teams with no English players ..