Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WiFi at the Valley

12346»

Comments

• Does the wifi work these days? Usually use 02 wifi but just wondered what the ground's wifi is like.
  • CAFCTrev said:

I was sitting next to a kid at a game last season who was playing FIFA on a DS as Charlton while the real Charlton were in action right in front of him...

Who won?
    The kid, he wasn't watching the stuff on the pitch.
  • edited October 2015
    centurion said:

Does the wifi work these days? Usually use 02 wifi but just wondered what the ground's wifi is like.

It's particulary crap tonight. I've had to switch it off
  • Working well in east stand
  • Didn't seem to work very well yesterday, though to be honest it was the least of my concerns...
  • I had big problems with the club's wifi last night.
  • Wifi was bad last night (East Stand). Just wanted to check the other scores but my iPhone said there was no network even though the signal symbol looked OK. Switched to 4g.
  • Same here. At one point I was forced to actually watch the match instead of checking social media!!
  • stonemuse said:

Working well in east stand

Started breaking up during the game ...just like the team.
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

To be fair, the wifi stopped working after 5 mins.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Might've been due to people streaming other games, and tv to watch instead. Lad behind me was watching Jeremy Kyle.

I really that last bit was a joke, but alas no.
  • Since the WiFi's gone in I just use my 4g and it's great compared to how it used to be. Probably 'cause everyone else is trying to use the WiFi.
  • The Wi-Fi is of paramount importance to me because when my son accompanies me at weekends games he needs to watch Peppa Pig or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles constantly
  • No good in North Lower last night.
  • Football: English stadiums to get free wi-fi for some apps
    BBC
    England's Football League has announced that free wi-fi, for a particular set of official apps, will be made available at Championship, League One and League Two stadiums.
    Fans will be able to access club-branded apps to get news, social media content, highlights and betting.
    However access to the wider internet would not be possible.
    The Football League said "the majority" of clubs had signed up to participate in the deal.
    A full list of confirmed participating clubs will be announced after 30 June.
    British wi-fi provider Intechnology will implement the service.
    In an online article, the Football League said the service would "deliver the complete digital match day experience to supporters".
    The free wi-fi would come as a boon to fans who had been frustrated with overloaded mobile networks at half-time, according to Intechnology chief executive Peter Wilkinson.
    Having to use 3G or 4G services could also be expensive, he added.
    However, wi-fi at sports events does not always prove popular with fans.
    In 2014, supporters at PSV Eindhoven in the Netherlands protested against the introduction of wi-fi at their club's stadium, saying spectators should pay attention to what is happening on the pitch, not their smartphones.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35942609