Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves fans

Comments

• Options
    bloodnut said:

JT said:

Again, Wolverhampton worst place in UK. Awful awful place

You've obviously never been to Burnley.
    Or Luton !
    Or Hull
    or Gillingham.
    or Abbey Wood
  • Options

bloodnut said:

JT said:

Again, Wolverhampton worst place in UK. Awful awful place

You've obviously never been to Burnley.
    Or Luton !
    Or Hull
    or Gillingham.
    or Abbey Wood
    or Selhurst/Bermondsey.

• Options
    Make you right there NLA Wolves have got a fair few, out in Warsaw for the qualifier had lunch in a bar went back into town then back to this bar and there were about 200 wolves plotted up in it. Was like a Wolves away game! They will have tons down in Brighton.
  • Options
    Spoke to a couple last night they were fuming loads going down with no tickets to the game
  • Options
    the wolfs tail has been pulled, we all know what pulling tails leads to...?
  • Options

Spoke to a couple last night they were fuming loads going down with no tickets to the game

Words of anger. Give them a week to calm down and accept their fate..................
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

2-0 defeats.
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

Will roads be closed to allow the Wolf quicker access to his train home?

• Options
    ct_addick said:

Hated Wolves ever since making the trip up there for the FA cup when I was a kid and John Richards scored a hat-trick....their scummy fans still kicking off ....good luck in league one!!!

We were the better team til he came on...hateful day.

ps. Did we out sing them or what...took a few that day.

• Options
    Going down isn't all that bad. It'll give Wolves the chance to clear out a load of deadwood and invest in some decent players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they're lucky they might do a Charlton.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Going down isn't all that bad. It'll give Wolves the chance to clear out a load of deadwood and invest in some decent players

Is christian dailly available? I hear Deon Burton has had a very good season at Gillingham or Pawell Abbott could do a job.
  • Options
    Wolves vs. Gillingham next season.
  • Options
    That was a regular fixture a few years ago. Good, I don't like wolves and playing gillingham is degrading
  • Options
    At least they've got some new 'derbies' Next season - Port Vale and possibly Burton - oh, and also, the glamour game away to Rotherham.
  • Options
    From Wolves vs. Manchester Utd to playing the likes of Gillingham away who haven't even got a roof.
  • Options
    walsall and coventry.
  • Options

ct_addick said:

Hated Wolves ever since making the trip up there for the FA cup when I was a kid and John Richards scored a hat-trick....their scummy fans still kicking off ....good luck in league one!!!

Reckon we had around 4-5,000 up there for that one...was it 74 or 75?
  • Options
    I remember that day. I was a teenager and Dad took me to Wolves for my first away match. I can remember walking through a subway to get to the ground when suddenly loads of Wolves fans came running in the opposite direction - I was really scared that we'd be knocked over, but survived!
  • Options

Lots of talk of wolves showing at Brighton next weekend

Not in stands but a fair amount looking to be on the pish is town and sounds like they are up for a bit of trouble

Could get tasty on the prom over the bank hol

Police intelligence ?

Only a grass or copper would know..... oh, hang on a minute!

: - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ct_addick said:

Special trains an' all
  • Options

ct_addick said:

Special trains an' all
    Thanks 76 it was, I was 10 then, went up with me dad (RIP), older sister and her future husband (now divorced)....who was one of the 'lads' at that time...10 years older then me.
  • Options
    I see huge problems for them. There's players in that squad like Johnson, Doyle and O'Hara that are getting paid good Premiership wages. The reason that those guys didn't jump onto Premiership liferafts is probably that nobody wants to cover those salaries. None of their players will have increased their value this season so moving on the high wage earners as the parachute payments dwindle will not be straightforward. Best case - and unlikely scenario - is a two year return to the Premiership. If they fail they are going to be carrying a terrible cost/income ratio. Scary times for them, I reckon.
  • Options

I see huge problems for them. There's players in that squad like Johnson, Doyle and O'Hara that are getting paid good Premiership wages. The reason that those guys didn't jump onto Premiership liferafts is probably that nobody wants to cover those salaries. None of their players will have increased their value this season so moving on the high wage earners as the parachute payments dwindle will not be straightforward. Best case - and unlikely scenario - is a two year return to the Premiership. If they fail they are going to be carrying a terrible cost/income ratio. Scary times for them, I reckon.

It's odd but after the three years of being in that division I'm sure the only way to get out is to have solid, hardworking players who don't think there above that level. Supposedly more Talented players who aren't putting the effort in will win you games here and there but across 46 games of gruelling park football they won't get you enough points to get out of that hole.

I'd imagine, like us, they'll be down there until the last year of their big earners contracts expire at which point they can recruit a squad of more appropriate players.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Roger Johnson, what an example of how things go wrong for a footballer. He had built up quite a reputation as a solid, dependable centre half 3/4 seasons ago and a bigger side could've taken a punt on him. Now the paychecks have cleared and the booze is in full flow it's all gone down the pan. Not surprisingly, he was seen out on the sauce again on Saturday night a few hours after being held back from some of the pitch invaders. Who is going to take that basket case £30k a week contract on?
  • Options

Roger Johnson, what an example of how things go wrong for a footballer. He had built up quite a reputation as a solid, dependable centre half 3/4 seasons ago and a bigger side could've taken a punt on him. Now the paychecks have cleared and the booze is in full flow it's all gone down the pan. Not surprisingly, he was seen out on the sauce again on Saturday night a few hours after being held back from some of the pitch invaders. Who is going to take that basket case £30k a week contract on?

Johnson has always come over as a bit of an Arrogant prick.
    In one inteview after the Brimingham/Villa derby he said that the game was too big for the referee to handle (I think the ref was Martin Atkinson). The interviewer then reminded him that the refs next game was AC Milan v Real Madrid in the Champions Leage. Johnson didn't know where to look!!
  • Options
  • Options

hahaha the bloke in the bottom.

About the worst place to go, I'd add Or Rochdale to that.
  • Options
    The steward apparently tripped him over

Looks like the plank just fecked up his invasion.

I have no issue with them doing what they did fair play to them

Football clubs belong to the fans not one person who is running it making ridiculous decisions on how to take it forward

After sacking big mick

They employed his second with a 0 % previous win ratio

Then the solbraken (spelling) with a 25% win rate prior to joining

And sacked him when he was on 35% win rate

Then Saunders on a 28% win rate Prior to joining who took 10 games to register a win

And is now only on something like a 23% win rate

Stupid thought out plans and panicking have cost them dear

The chairman and owner should be fearful of the reaction and so should all owners

I honestly don't know another club that would've swallowed what we did so politely and with an acceptance without consequence of direct action of displeasure

Our old board got off lightly IMO due to the previous successes and the loyalty that stemmed back to our woes of losing the valley and nearly ceasing to exist

I wouldn't think if the same was to happen again that this board would be so lucky tbh
  • Options
    No way is that a trip! Perhaps it's just the angle but he looks at least 1m in the air.