Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Middlesborough v Charlton post match news & views 2013

Comments

• Options
    SMASH IT next year
  • Options
    If this end to the season doesn't inspire the board to spend a little then nothing will.
  • Options

If this end to the season doesn't inspire the board to spend a little then nothing will.

More likely to bump the asking price and give an owner with unreasonable expectations even bigger delusions of grandure.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Anyone at the game?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    A truly admirable season that only a few months ago seemed unlikely! What a team spirit and manager. Chris, you have restored so much more in CAFC than just winning - but winning certainly helps. Onwards and upwards. So proud and really looking forward to singing my heart out to show the team our gratitude next week at the Valley.
  • Options
    From Tony Mowbray -
    "With respect, in my opinion we should be beating teams like Charlton here at our place. And the fans think so too."

Have a look at the form table Tony before you talk about 'should be beating teams like Charlton.'
  • Options
    What a c**k! Mowbray you arrogant twat!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    With the money he's spent then yh they should.

Just shows how shit he is. Big nosed hunched back mug.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

From Tony Mowbray -
    "With respect, in my opinion we should be beating teams like Charlton here at our place. And the fans think so too."

Have a look at the form table Tony before you talk about 'should be beating teams like Charlton.'

What a tosser. Always liked Mowbray too.
    Stupid thing to say. Motivation for next season's games. Pin it to the board CP.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

From Tony Mowbray -

Form table and season's away results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's just very frustrated how his season fell apart. With all due respect Boro are a small club when not backed with Gibson's millions. Might not see Mr Mowbray at the Valley next season methinks.
  • Options
    Narled old spud faced norvern monkey.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

From Tony Mowbray -

Great comment from Mowbray. Gives Powell the perfect team talk when we play them next season. Bring it on.

• Options
    That game reminded me of Preston away last year in terms of the weakened team we had out, an early goal for us, and then a late equaliser for them. Oh, and all the fancy dress!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    just home from the match

we had a great start and singing 'let's have six' and Boro were poor.

in the 2nd half they improved with their subs and we played on the break. It was hard to see Boro's goals as they were down the other end but it seemed as if we just believed that it would be an easy win, it wasn't but in normal circumstances a point at Boro would be good. Gower and Hollands fitted in well. All in all a reasonable finish to our away campaign, but disappointing as we are a better side than Boro, whatever their manager might say. Oh yes The Lass reckons Fuller was about a yard onside for 'our third'.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

From Tony Mowbray -

With respect Tony, but you'll be out of a job after this season...
  • Options
    Not been around today but sounds like we gave away 2 goals in last few minutes to draw 2-2.

Excellent.

• Options
    A bit disappointing not to see the game out today, but overall it's been a very satisfactory season and plenty to be encouraged about for at least a play off push next year. Of course the home form could have been a bit better but to only lose 6 out of 23 away games is a fantastic effort by scp and the lads. Will be good to finish on a winning note next week.
  • Options
    Fellaini
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    From Tony Mowbray -
    "With respect..."
    With respect Tony, your comment shows no respect.
    With respect, you're a bell end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Three points next weekend would take us onto 65 for the season. That's one better than we managed under Pardew in 07/08.
  • Options
    No shame in a 2-2 at the boro
    Wow!
    What a brilliant achievement by SCP and the players to get us this far up the table surpassing what I expected by a long way

100% 7th-12th

Which I for one could never see happening this season least of all after the scum defeat , I called this season wrong

Personally think Powelly is holding this pack of cards together ala Curbishley and without him oblivion could be where we head to

Next season
    1% Top two ..... 4% 3rd-6th .... 25% 7th-12th ..... 65% 13th-21st ..... 5% relegation

I think a decent amount of investment will be required because surely this league , next season ,won't be as *close/shit/brilliant* as this season

*delete as you see fit !
  • Options

No shame in a 2-2 at the boro
    Wow!
    What a brilliant achievement by SCP and the players to get us this far up the table surpassing what I expected by a long way

100% 7th-12th

Which I for one could never see happening this season least of all after the scum defeat , I called this season wrong

Personally think Powelly is holding this pack of cards together ala Curbishley and without him oblivion could be where we head to

Next season
    1% Top two ..... 4% 3rd-6th .... 25% 7th-12th ..... 65% 13th-21st ..... 5% relegation

I think a decent amount of investment will be required because surely this league , next season ,won't be as *close/shit/brilliant* as this season

*delete as you see fit !

You think we have the same chance of relegation as playoffs next year ? And a 70% chance of a worse finish than this season ?
  • Options
    why is kerkar suddenly in favour again.he comes on .a few minutes later they equalise.
  • Options
    Why shouldn't he be? He did a reasonable job earlier in the season, got a few assists, had to play out of position and the other day scored his first goal for the club.
  • Options
    >Why shouldn't he be? He did a reasonable job earlier in the season, got a few assists, had to play out of position and the other day scored his first goal for the club.
    Because there always has to be a scape goat. Even when we draw away to Middlesborough as part of a massive unbeaten run. You know this.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    se9addick said:

No

100% 7th-12th

Next season

*delete as you see fit !

You think we have the same chance of relegation as playoffs next year ? And a 70% chance of a worse finish than this season ?
    Yep , I think we've performed to our maximum this season and without investment on the playing side of things we'll not achieve these heady heights again and I don't think the league will be as weak
    Obviously if we spent a few quid my view would change but right here right now that's what I think
  • Options

se9addick said:

No

100% 7th-12th

Next season

*delete as you see fit !

Yep , I think we've performed to our maximum this season and without investment on the playing side of things we'll not achieve these heady heights again and I don't think the league will be as weak
    Obviously if we spent a few quid my view would change but right here right now that's what I think
    Yep that's fair enough. I think, assuming there's no investment in the squad, we now have a team which we know can win at this level, we know our best 11, we have a year of championship experience and at least one exciting young player coming through that we didn't have at the start of the year. IMO there's nothing to suggest there's a 70% chance of a worse campaign
  • Options

just home from the match

we had a great start and singing 'let's have six' and Boro were poor.

in the 2nd half they improved with their subs and we played on the break. It was hard to see Boro's goals as they were down the other end but it seemed as if we just believed that it would be an easy win, it wasn't but in normal circumstances a point at Boro would be good. Gower and Hollands fitted in well. All in all a reasonable finish to our away campaign, but disappointing as we are a better side than Boro, whatever their manager might say. Oh yes The Lass reckons Fuller was about a yard onside for 'our third'.

Good to see you & The Lass today.

Agree that we were the better side today and with less of a "homer" ref, would have definitely taken all 3 points.

Thought Gower & Hollands were OK but maybe struggling near the end due to lack of match fitness contributed a tad to the Boro' strikes ? Would have liked to see JJ & Hughsey out there today but hopefully they'll be fit for next Saturday's finale.

As others have rightly said, a great first season back in the Championship , especially for the regular away travellers. A committed, resolute band of brothers wearing the red shirt with pride, giving 100% week after week for us and their gaffer....and what a gaffer ! 'Nuff said.

With performances on the pitch finishing on the up and positive signs from within our Club that the new management structure is working hard to improve the matchday experience at The Valley, "things can only get better" !

I can't wait for next season !