Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Middlesborough v Charlton post match news & views 2013

Oh well, couldn't close it out.

Over to you...

Comments

• 9th place almost certainly ... will accept that
  • Eeeeeh by gum!
  • Glad Millwall didn't help us out now.
  • edited April 2013
    stonemuse said:

9th place almost certainly ... will accept that

A draw on the last day would be enough for 9th whilst the lowest we can finish is 11th. Great season.
  • never mind ... as SM says, 9th or slightly better in the first season back in a very competitive division with an underrated side is terrific .. with momentum and the same team spirit next season we can do better and make a real attempt to get back into the premier league .. well done you Addicks !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • we can now only finish in the top half of the league, fantastic season
  • Unlucky boys, very proud of their achievements this season though.

Let's beat Bristol next week and thank Powell and the players

Next season with Powell in charge I feel we're only going to get better.
  • Even a win wouldn't have been enough. Great great season though. Exciting times ahead I reckon.
  • With the other results it was impossible for us to finish 6th anyway. We'd have had to have overtaken Bolton, Forest and Leicester on the final day, but couldn't possibly overtake both Forest and Leicester since they play each other next weekend.

A fantastic end to the season. SCP and the players slowly cancelling out all those end of season collapses under Curbs.
  • edited April 2013
    We could technically finish 12th if Boro win 6-0 and we lose 5-0 (or 8th if we win 10-0 and Leicester lose 10-0). :-)

Top half is certain though. Great season, well done the Addicks.
  • Sponsored links:

• cant be anything but happy with our end of season form, win our last game at home would be nice, sun shining and on the orangina looking forward (with some dosh to spend/investment?) to next season having more than held our own in first year back in division 1... onwards and upwards chaps!
  • Whose having a staying up party tonight then?
  • Maybe our form will attract a sugar daddy.
    Superb first season back in the championship, onwards and upwards.
    Take a bow Chrissie and the boys.
  • Of course we all wanted the win and it is very disappointing to have lost a 2 goal lead but overall I am content with the draw and continuing our unbeaten run.

Whilst it was nice to have some hope of a play off place, realistically we have not been consistently good enough over the whole season to achieve that and it was always a very very very unlikely scenario going into today's matches. As it is we are still in 9th; we can't finish higher and we only need one point next week to be certain of finishing 9th. The lowest we could possibly finish is 11th - top half. We would all have snatched hands off if offered that outcome a couple of months ago.

I just hope CP and the lads can put on a good performance and send us home happy with 3 points, a few goals and 9th position next Saturday. I think they will, because it really seems to matter to them as much as to us.
  • edited April 2013
    A frustrating but altogether not a bad result. It's the Millwall, Brum, Palace etc games that have let us down. The vast majority would have taken this position at the season's start, great stuff.
  • 2 teams with nothing to play for next week, so hopefully a good performance next week to finish the season on a high
  • We can sensibly plan for next season now, steal a march on those still involved with stuff, and I hope we get at least one young debutant next Sunday against Bristol City.
    In my view all in all we have had a really good season, overall our season scores a 8 from me.
  • seth plum said:

We can sensibly plan for next season now, steal a march on those still involved with stuff, and I hope we get at least one young debutant next Sunday against Bristol City.
    In my view all in all we have had a really good season, overall our season scores a 8 from me.

Seth i thought we were playing on Saturday?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/
  • Powell has learnt a lesson there. A run in this league can take you all the way. We came close this year, which was totally unexpected, going on our position at various stages of the season. A very good season. Classic case of consolidation if ever there was one!
  • Just very proud of the team/squad for this season. Looking forward to a rip roaring free scoring finale for us next weekend! Well done Charlton!! Again!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh well, it was nice to dream for a few days. Onwards and upwards, looking forward to seeing some of the kids in the team next week.
  • 7 games without defeat..............guess when our last defeat was. (arrrggggghhhh)
  • seth plum said:

We can sensibly plan for next season now, steal a march on those still involved with stuff, and I hope we get at least one young debutant next Sunday against Bristol City.

Seth i thought we were playing on Saturday?

http://www.cafc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/
    oops my bad

• Still very happy with our finish, just a shame we couldn't prolong our ridiculous pipedream a week longer.
  • Great season and the unbeaten run continues. Really proud of this team and of course Chrissy P. I would have bitten your arm off ( Suarez ) style with a 9th place before the season started. Onwards and upwards.
  • would have taken a top half finish at the start of the season and at the start of March I would have taken 20th place, so no complaints from me and a great return to the Championship.

next week will be a bit flat seeing as neither team has really much to play for , but it would be good to sign off with a home win and and unbeaten run. Will give CP & the players a decent clap and let sjust hope that with a few additions to the squad in the summer we will be top half & looking upwards next season rather than over our shoulders.

one final thing. if our result against Millwall at the Valley had been reversed then they would almost certainly be getting relagted and we would still have a hope of the play-offs...........f**k 'em !!!!
  • CAFCOfficial on Twitter is saying that Fuller's disallowed goal was a yard onside
  • Well on top first half although both sides might have had a pen.

2nd half we couldnt get the final ball thru to a black shirt.

Boro always looked sharp on the break but an end of season game.
  • CAFCOfficial on Twitter is saying that Fuller's disallowed goal was a yard onside

doesn't matter now.......

• I certainly wasn't getting my hopes up for a push for the play offs but will gladly take 9th at the end of the season. Unbeaten in 7 now and a top ten finish looking good. After the first few games and judging by the pace of some our opposition I was in no doubt that we would be in for a long hard slog. Powell deserves a big bonus for doing what he has done on little money. Lets finish off the season in style on Saturday and look forward to a nice long summer.