Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Baker

Comments

• Way over the top as usual. Not the first time he’s been sacked by the BBC , won’t be the last. 
  • Awwwww, poor Danny. Such a lovely fella ;-). #karma?
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    So a football fan calls a black player a monkey and he is banned for life---- Baker tweets a  pic showing the Royal baby as a monkey and he gets defended ?

Very strange parameters placed on this "racism" thingy
    It has been explained multiple times, I just don’t think some of you want to listen. 

The BBC’s decision is spineless and pathetic. 

Has it? What was the joke he was going for?
  • colthe3rd said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    So a football fan calls a black player a monkey and he is banned for life---- Baker tweets a  pic showing the Royal baby as a monkey and he gets defended ?

It has been explained multiple times, I just don’t think some of you want to listen. 

Posh kid in a suit
  • He chose the picture, he added the caption and he posted the tweet.
    He did not have to do any of these three things but he did all of them, Goodness knows why but just goes to show he is not as clever as he and his blinkered followers think he is. 
     Looking forward to not having to re tune my radio from 5Live to Radio2 until 10am now on a Saturday morning.
  • I call my grand daughter a cheeky monkey when shes playing up, her neighbour and best friend is black and I call her a cheeky monkey too when she plays up. Am I being racist then.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Imagine the chinless invertebrate BBC senior staff who would of had to of sat in front of a load of chinless invertebrate politicians on a pointless money gulping commons select committee over this, IF the chinless invertebrate BBC senior staff had not pulled the plug on the gobby Spanner sloth?
  • edited May 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:

The bloke works for the BBC. A corporation currently scared shittless of its non gender orientated shadow.

I like Baker for the record. But he must have known there was a very good chance of this outcome when he hit send.

As I've said previously, anyone who follows him on Twitter will know he starts most evenings off with a different bevvy each night. Can only assume he was 3 sheets to the wind when he sent that.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

The bloke works for the BBC. A corporation currently scared shittless of its non gender orientated shadow.

I like Baker for the record. But the bloke must have known there was a very good chance of this outcome when he hit send.

As I've said previously, anyone who follows him on Twitter will know he starts most evenings off with a different bevvy each night. Can only assume he was 3 sheets to the wind when he sent that.
    Must have started early yesterday then, it was tweeted in the afternoon. 
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Posh kid in a suit
    One of the 3 great jokes of our time....
  • Regardless of his intent, if he genuinely didn't realise that many people were going to think that tweet was racist then he's not half as clever as he thinks he is.
  • I call my grand daughter a cheeky monkey when shes playing up, her neighbour and best friend is black and I call her a cheeky monkey too when she plays up. Am I being racist then.
    In 2019 yes you would be seen as. Doesn't mean you are though. 
  • The question is whether he was being racist or is just being seen as racist. 

IMO I get the joke he says he was making, and he shouldn't have had to have thought anything about the mothers origins based upon the joke he was making as to do so would actually be changing a joke and treating someone different because of their race. Therefore changing the joke would have been a racist choice. 

Problem is he didn't do it for William and Kate's kids... so you do have to question his authenticity about it not being race related.

For these reasons I have no idea if it was racist or not, but I'd certainly not have sacked him without determining the truth first.
  • edited May 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

he must have known there was a very good chance of this outcome when he hit send. 
    No. That’s exactly the point. He didn’t see the connection. He saw NO connotations. That’s why he had no problem hitting send. 

Danny finds monkeys dressed as people inherently funny. He saw it as an image representing posh people. He’s explained that. 

It’s amazing to me how you’re happy to wholeheartedly believe ambiguous subtext, but entirely reject explanation. Why? Why is that? Why do you want to believe the negative and throw away the alternative? 
    I guess it depends on whether you believe that Danny Baker is sooooooooo naive not think that sending a tweet/photo about a mixed-race baby being likened to a primate would be controversial (at the very least). For me, he is an arrogant, pompous and dislike-able character. He should know better, took the risk and now is paying a price. If I did that within my NHS organisation I would be gone faster than my feet could carry me. 
  • Sacked by the BBC
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I just check that all those offended by this are Royalists?

• Dazzler21 said:
    Can I just check that all those offended by this are Royalists?

I should imagine all those offended by this are offended by that question...
  • edited May 2019
    Stupid picture to put up - only he knows why he did it.

Apparently some on here do, too.

Agree that it was a monumentally idiotic thing to do.

True but people on here arent Celebrities who have thousands of followers on Social Media - Doesnt make it right either way but being in the public eye more means you need to be more careful about whatever you say
    Maybe their self censorship is actually making things worse? The more you apply censorship the more outrage is caused by assumptions of intent by people that have nothing better to do than create social justice warrior-esque posts to attack other people for posting things that the SJW's see as racist...

If you see racism in something that genuinely is not intended as racist are you actually the racist for doing so? 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

he must have known there was a very good chance of this outcome when he hit send. 
    No. That’s exactly the point. He didn’t see the connection. He saw NO connotations. That’s why he had no problem hitting send. 

Danny finds monkeys dressed as people inherently funny. He saw it as an image representing posh people. He’s explained that. 

It’s amazing to me how you’re happy to wholeheartedly believe ambiguous subtext, but entirely reject explanation. Why? Why is that? Why do you want to believe the negative and throw away the alternative? 
      Mate. If you look hard enough you can find an innocent explanation for anything.
    I don't think he's racist. I've listened to him for years and saw him live last year.
     This tweet was stupidly Ill judged. The connotations were immediate.
    He's certainly not stupid. But come on. With the amount of followers he's got surely he should have had a little pause for thought before churning that out 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Can I just check that all those offended by this are Royalists?

Neither a royalist nor offended but still amazed that a supposedly clever guy couldn't see what was so blindingly obvious about that picture and that caption.
  • You know what you're going to get when you post a picture and caption like that. 

What an idiot.