Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Baker

Comments

• Options
    Essentially he's ended up posting a racist image for (probably) non racist reasons. Doesn't mean that the racism goes away or doesn't count.
  • Options
    Problem Baker has is that he spends most nights pissing it up indoors and starts ramping it up on twitter.

Then thinks like this happen.
  • Options
    Smug Millwall twat comes a cropper!

What is not to like?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Dave2l said:
    It is so stupid.

It is not raciest 

It's just someone being a bit careless and not really thinking ahead.

Danny Baker is not raciest.

If he was raciest....I very much doubt he would go about it by doing a tweet like that.

You can never be sure. I do not know the man, but, I just can not imagine him to be a raciest individual. 

I guess my belief is mostly just based on intuition.

He posted a picture of a primate, I don’t know how else I can take it other than he is implying the new baby is in some way Sub human. Also what a pathetic excuse he then puts out as though it was some naive misunderstanding on his part.
    Monkeys dressed as people is funny. I don’t think the ethnicity of the baby crossed his mind. If it had, he wouldn’t have posted it. 

The reaction to this makes me despair. The vitriol from those who don’t like DB in the first place bothers me far more than that tweet. 
    Come on. He knew full well he was stepping close to the line. He stokes it up most nights on twitter
    But I guess if you're pie eyed of full proof German special brew you don't really give a shit
  • Options
    Pets win prizes?  Not this time I think.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Dave2l said:
    It is so stupid.

It is not raciest 

It's just someone being a bit careless and not really thinking ahead.

Danny Baker is not raciest.

If he was raciest....I very much doubt he would go about it by doing a tweet like that.

You can never be sure. I do not know the man, but, I just can not imagine him to be a raciest individual. 

I guess my belief is mostly just based on intuition.

He posted a picture of a primate, I don’t know how else I can take it other than he is implying the new baby is in some way Sub human. Also what a pathetic excuse he then puts out as though it was some naive misunderstanding on his part.
    Monkeys dressed as people is funny. I don’t think the ethnicity of the baby crossed his mind. If it had, he wouldn’t have posted it. 

The reaction to this makes me despair. The vitriol from those who don’t like DB in the first place bothers me far more than that tweet. 
    We will have to agree to disagree. But one last point, he has worked in the media, been a script writer, radio/tv presenter and done all this since he was a teenager many years ago. I would think it reasonable to assume he would know what is appropriate to post on social networks. 
  • Options
    i'm clearly missing something, how is calling a mixed race child a monkey not racist ?
    You don’t actually believe that do you ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:r
    Essentially he's ended up posting a racist image for (probably) non racist reasons. Doesn't mean that the racism goes away or doesn't count.
    A "racist inage"? A picture of a chimp in a suit isn't racist. Neither is usi g the word "monkey". Lets have that right.

It's what you say or mean by using the image or the words that may or may not make it racist. It's about the context.

But anyway, who really cares what Danny Baker says? 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I don't actually get it. Who are the people in the picture. Have I missed the joke?
    As per usual . People feeling offended on other people behalf . No way was that meant to be racist but it was a stupid thing to post . 
    I’m certainly not offended on other persons behalf. I obviously see things that either are not there or don’t understand the humour or whatever it was suppose to be. You say it was stupid, why do you say this? What was stupid about it?
    It wasn’t a stupid mistake it was a deliberate act designed to shock, he knew this.
  • Options
    A photo of a monkey dressed as a human with the caption "Royal baby leaves hospital"  How could anyone be that stupid? 
  • Options
    He’s a spanner but he’s a decent enough bloke. I have met him quite a few times. He’s as good as gold.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    PopIcon said:
    I don't actually get it. Who are the people in the picture. Have I missed the joke?
    As per usual . People feeling offended on other people behalf . No way was that meant to be racist but it was a stupid thing to post . 
    I’m certainly not offended on other persons behalf. I obviously see things that either are not there or don’t understand the humour or whatever it was suppose to be. You say it was stupid, why do you say this? What was stupid about it?
    It wasn’t a stupid mistake it was a deliberate act designed to shock, he knew this.
    It was stupid because I’m his haste to be funny he didn’t think about what the connotations of a monkey might mean to some people . If you think he deliberately went out to destroy his career and reputation by posting something intentionally racist then you’re pretty naive. 
    Well Beds you see the way you want but I don’t think it was a particular nice or humorous tweet. It’s not like he hasn’t tried in the past to be controversial or shocking. 
    If people like me find something we read, see or hear offensive it doesn’t make us naive or we have had our sense of humour chips removed, it might mean what we have witnessed is indeed offensive.

Thanks for the lol. You do have a sense humour that is truly rare these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stupid picture to put up - only he knows why he did it.
  • Options

Apparently some on here do, too.

Agree that it was a monumentally idiotic thing to do.

• Options
    Personally am a fan of DB his football shows were always some of the best and rose above the stupid twats who only discuss the top 6 clubs in Premier leauge. Totally agree it was pretty stupid post, but DB a racist and posting that as a deliberate racist act, I don't think so. 
  • Options
    I see it as anti-elite. Another royal baby, born rich and to be gawped at like a zoo animal for the rest of his life, i.e. a posh monkey in a suit. I don't think for a moment the fact that his Mum is of mixed race entered DB's rather swollen head. 

He may be many things, but in all the broadcasts I have heard and the books and articles I have read, I have never once thought "racist" - and as some may be aware I am very much one of what Len would call "the PC brigade".

My judgment may be clouded by the fact that I am a fan, and can see beyond his support of a crap football club - I don't know, but ill thought out - yes, racist - no.    
    When I saw the tweet, I found it distinctly unfunny but I didn’t connect it to being even vaguely racist. 

Stupid pic to use, but I do not believe there were additional racist connotations. 

• Options
    He’s Millwall, let him suffer.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Apparently some on here do, too.

Agree that it was a monumentally idiotic thing to do.

True but people on here arent Celebrities who have thousands of followers on Social Media - Doesnt make it right either way but being in the public eye more means you need to be more careful about whatever you say
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    If he was racist he would never have posted that pic, because he'd be posting fully concious of the impact. It's a pic of a chimp dressed as a baby, silly and anti establishment, and in isolation inert.

That it was associated with a mixed race child is unfortunate but intent is everything, and I can't believe anyone really thinks he posted it with racist intent. Really? 
    People have assumed racist intent - in the age of Twitter that's enough.