Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The £5 pint

Comments

• Options
    edited March 24
    I was paying £8 a pint in a "normal" pub in London last week. Thing is you expect it now.
  • Options
    Around two years ago I paid £6.30 for a Punk IPA in The Shortlands Tavern, it was £3 more expensive than the South spoons.
    I dread to think what it will be now, surely past £7
  • Options
    addix said:
    I was in the Travelodge at Gatwick recently and was going to go to the bar there to kill some time until I saw 330ml bottles of Bud etc were £6.50 (works out to be £11.19 a pint if I've done my maths correctly.  Even the 'Spoons inside the airport only charge about £6 for a full pint.  I stayed in my room and drank the coffee instead.
    At a rave I was at last night cans of Madri were £6.75!
    That’s probably why so many peeps do the rugs…🤪
  • Options
    Trouble is I can remember paying under £2 a pint
    Mild 11p, bitter 13p and Guinness 15p when I started! Mind you, most of the "bitter" was horrible pasteurised gassy rubbish 
  • Options
    Trouble is I can remember paying under £2 a pint
    Mild 11p, bitter 13p and Guinness 15p when I started! Mind you, most of the "bitter" was horrible pasteurised gassy rubbish 
    Ha  - I remember those days and admit my first "ale" rather than a Lager was Courage Best and I actually loved it !
  • Options
    Went Amsterdam at the weekend. Pretty much 10 euro a pint everywhere you went, so it’s not just London.
    Here in Boston the cheapest craft beer is going to be about £8.50 for a pint. I’m drinking now, and it’s a good beer from a local brewery. Most others are going to set you back £13-14, so London always seems cheap when I go drinking. 

If it’s any reference point, a bottle of Coors Light would be £3.95 (plus tip of course)
    Wow, who'd have thought Lincolnshire was so expensive?
  • Options
    £8 a pint of the only lager available, Carlsberg, in some shithole near Wembley last night 
  • Options
    edited March 24
    I catch up with my brother when i am in Gravesend every few weeks and a pint of proper job and Kroonenberg and lime in the Somerset Arms was £6.40. Pubs a dump though.
  • Options
    Yes, but how much for the cherry on a stick that went with the Kroonenberg?
  • Options
    edited March 26
    I catch up with my brother when i am in Gravesend every few weeks and a pint of proper job and Kroonenberg and lime in the Somerset Arms was £6.40. Pubs a dump though.
    Was the place to go back in the day but agree it's a dump now, handy for the station but that's about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was the place to go back in the day but agree it's a dump now, handy for the station but that's about it.
    Totally agree.,last time I was in there a good mate of mine and poster here, Walsh's left foot popped in as he had 20 minutes wait for his train. 
  • Options
    I only drink in Wetherspoons. People can control the price of a pint by simply refusing to pay the asking price. 
    Change is inevitable if most dont mind spending more than a fiver on a pint then thats how it will go.
  • Options
    I only drink in Wetherspoons. People can control the price of a pint by simply refusing to pay the asking price. 
    Change is inevitable if most dont mind spending more than a fiver on a pint then thats how it will go.

But spending more than £5 is becoming nearer to £10
  • Options
    Micro pub in the oval Blackfen. £3 pint ale, £4 meantime lager.
  • Options

And if most people are happy tonthat becomes the norm. Personally id rather spend closer to ten in a brewdog bar than £5 or less in a spoons for a number of reasons.
  • Options

And if most people are happy tonthat becomes the norm. Personally id rather spend closer to ten in a brewdog bar than £5 or less in a spoons for a number of reasons.
    Which is fair enough, I prefer The Bricklayers Arms to the Bromley South spoons but given the price differences 9 times out of 10 I'd go in the spoons.
  • Options
    Visited a mate in Devon for a couple of days this week. Fullers and a local ale, Thirst of Many, both £4.25 in a lovely old thatched village pub (landlady from Gravesend). Felt like a half price sale!
  • Options
    The main thing i've noticed in the last couple of years is how  much less of a price difference there is between the regions & London. I'm in the North West and it's pretty standard to be paying £6.00 or just under for a "continental lager"
  • Options
    edited March 28
    Saulc23 said:
    The main thing i've noticed in the last couple of years is how  much less of a price difference there is between the regions & London. I'm in the North West and it's pretty standard to be paying £6.00 or just under for a "continental lager"
    Agreed, i was in Scotland between Xmas and New Year and i was paying similar prices to down south in Dunfermline. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good point. The notion of 'London prices'....
  • Options

£6:80 for a pint of Guinness in The Elgin, Ladbroke Grove. I have to say it’s a lovely sup.
  • Options
    Just back from a week in Dubai at the Fairmont Palm, 60AED (around £13-£14) a pint of Heineken. Went to Offside Bar in JVC for Man U - Liverpool match they had happy hour on and it was around 35AED (£7ish)
  • Options
    I was paying £7.20 for a pint of iron brew beer in the Kentish Belle last night 

• Options
    What was it like @cafcdave123 ?
  • Options
    What was it like @cafcdave123 ?
    Was really nice, smells like irn bru and definitely has the flavours (you can taste the girders) while remaining a beer.

It is a sours though so I couldn’t spend the whole night on it, I had two and half pints of it before switching to lager but would definitely start on it again next time 
  • Options
    According to their web site, £8.80 for a pint of lager I've never heard of in the Trafalgar Tavern.
  • Options

Was it by 'Brew York? 
  • Options
    robroy said:

Was it by 'Brew York? 
    Vault City out of portobello Edinburgh 
  • Options
    robroy said:

Was it by 'Brew York? 
    Vault City out of portobello Edinburgh 
    Ah cool. That looks 100% like a Brew York glass.