Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sean Mcginty

Has gone to Tranmere on loan. It will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

Comments

• Friend who supports Oxford reckons he's cack
  • DeeBee said:

Friend who supports Oxford reckons he's cack

Weird. Man Utd must have seen something in him. Still, there you go.
  • edited March 2013
    DeeBee said:

He'll be another, Matt Elliott, Linvoy Primus, Michael Turner, Danny Shittu type then.
  • when I have seen him play for their youth / resssies looks quite good.
  • edited March 2013
    DeeBee said:

Who could ignore such a well considered and in depth analysis of a player's strengths and weaknesses especially after he played two whole games for Oxford.

: - )
  • Highly rated by Ferguson and has been involved with the first team training over the last 6 months.

• Have seen him as a 16 year old play for our under 18s and I was really excited.Solid as a rock,great in the air and can tackle.Was really sad to see him go,is going to be a good player.
  • heavenSE7 said:

Highly rated by Ferguson and has been involved with the first team training over the last 6 months.

Heard a good story that as he's a big lump, Ferguson had him chuck on a Fellaini wig and throw himself around a bit to get the United team practicing defending corners before the Everton game.
  • heavenSE7 said:

Highly rated by Ferguson and has been involved with the first team training over the last 6 months.

Heard a good story that as he's a big lump, Ferguson had him chuck on a Fellaini wig and throw himself around a bit to get the United team practicing defending corners before the Everton game.
    True story!

• Sort of player that really gets my goat.....
  • Sponsored links:

• DeeBee said:

Who could ignore such a well considered and in depth analysis of a player's strengths and weaknesses especially after he played two whole games for Oxford.

I asked my friend if he was good and he said "Hardly played for us but what I saw he just wasn't very good at all"......:-)

• dickplumb said:

Have seen him as a 16 year old play for our under 18s and I was really excited.Solid as a rock,great in the air and can tackle.Was really sad to see him go,is going to be a good player.

Dick Plumb - how would you rate Feely and Gomes compared to McGinty?
  • Davo55 said:

dickplumb said:

Have seen him as a 16 year old play for our under 18s and I was really excited.Solid as a rock,great in the air and can tackle.Was really sad to see him go,is going to be a good player.

Feely is similar to McGinty in that he is good in the air and is left footed.Gomes is a different kettle of fish as he is more of a footballer than a stopper.He is still very young but he is a top prospect.We are very well served by central defenders in the Academy.Ajayi is like Richard Rufus,Lennon,Harry Osborne are all decent defenders.Plus we have got some great talent in the full back positions in Holmes-Dennis etc.

• Dick Plumb , you tend to watch a lot of the academy players, how far away in terms of time do you think the youngsters are from the first team?
  • Dick Plumb , you tend to watch a lot of the academy players, how far away in terms of time do you think the youngsters are from the first team?

Ajayi is not very far away,next season definitely.Feely has been playing league of Ireland football,so next Season.Players like Holmes Dennis,Azeez,Poyet,should be on the fringes next Season.It is always difficult to say as players develop at different times.I really hope that we give youth a chance rather than go for journeymen footballers.

• dickplumb said:

Dick Plumb , you tend to watch a lot of the academy players, how far away in terms of time do you think the youngsters are from the first team?

Ajayi is not very far away,next season definitely.Feely has been playing league of Ireland football,so next Season.Players like Holmes Dennis,Azeez,Poyet,should be on the fringes next Season.It is always difficult to say as players develop at different times.I really hope that we give youth a chance rather than go for journeymen footballers.

Also, difficult to say as CP does not appear to have too much love for blooding youngsters. Parkie was the last manager to give a league debut to an academy player. CP almost brought Azziz on against Cardiff at home and gave him his debut in the Cup.
  • Kap10 said:

dickplumb said:

Dick Plumb , you tend to watch a lot of the academy players, how far away in terms of time do you think the youngsters are from the first team?

Also, difficult to say as CP does not appear to have too much love for blooding youngsters. Parkie was the last manager to give a league debut to an academy player. CP almost brought Azziz on against Cardiff at home and gave him his debut in the Cup.
    So turning Harriott into a first-teamer isn't blooding youngsters? He played one game before that.
  • Kap10 said:

dickplumb said:

So turning Harriott into a first-teamer isn't blooding youngsters? He played one game before that.
    Actually it's not blooding as it wasn't his first game and it is a youngster not a youngsters so Kap10 is correct.

The wider point is that there is no point playing young players for the sake of it, When and if they are ready then all well and good. Bringing them in too early can do more harm than good especially when the home crowd is not being very supportive.

Would rather see Smith playing every game for Colchester than brought back for one or two games just to give the fans someone different to watch.
  • Kap10 said:

dickplumb said:

Actually it's not blooding as it wasn't his first game and it is a youngster not a youngsters so Kap10 is correct.

The wider point is that there is no point playing young players for the sake of it, When and if they are ready then all well and good. Bringing them in too early can do more harm than good especially when the home crowd is not being very supportive.

Would rather see Smith playing every game for Colchester than brought back for one or two games just to give the fans someone different to watch.
    Thanks for the defence Heners and I accept your point and Wagstaff and before that Carl Leaburn are both examples of that. I don't see the Academy players playing but the reports on here suggest that some regular viewers feel there are a few that are ready and you know how everything to be read on here is FACT
  • DeeBee said:

Takes most here under ten minutes to make a lasting impression on a player. (Leon?)

• Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

dickplumb said:

Who gave Carl Jenkinson his league debut ? CP started picking him when he took over but it may have been Parky.

• He's big lad. I saw him play for West Ham U21's recently. Quietly impressed. Good passer of the ball. Be interesting to see how he gets on at Tranny.
  • dickplumb said:

Davo55 said:

dickplumb said:

Feely is similar to McGinty in that he is good in the air and is left footed.Gomes is a different kettle of fish as he is more of a footballer than a stopper.He is still very young but he is a top prospect.We are very well served by central defenders in the Academy.Ajayi is like Richard Rufus,Lennon,Harry Osborne are all decent defenders.Plus we have got some great talent in the full back positions in Holmes-Dennis etc.

Thanks mate. Very interesting and promising.
  • He's big lad. I saw him play for West Ham U21's recently. Quietly impressed. Good passer of the ball. Be interesting to see how he gets on at Tranny.

What's he doing playing for West Ham !

Another silly question I am sure but @dickplumb how do you know all about this and do you seriously watch the games etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you.
  • Also, is this the young kid we gave to Man U a few years back ?
  • @pl54 My mistake he was playing for Man U at West Ham, and yes we gave him to Man U for a small upfront fee and (no one knows) a deferred fee.
  • @pl54 My mistake he was playing for Man U at West Ham, and yes we gave him to Man U for a small upfront fee and (no one knows) a deferred fee.

Wasn't the overall deal worth £500,000 .. although how much of that we got I'm not sure
  • dickplumb said:

Davo55 said:

dickplumb said:

How's Jordan Cousins doing? Has he moved to midfield now, as he doesn't seem to be featuring at RB any more.
  • PL54 said:

He's big lad. I saw him play for West Ham U21's recently. Quietly impressed. Good passer of the ball. Be interesting to see how he gets on at Tranny.

What's he doing playing for West Ham !

Another silly question I am sure but @dickplumb how do you know all about this and do you seriously watch the games etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt you.
    I have been going to see the U18s U19s as it was,for over twenty years.I first started going back in the day of John Cartwright,when my Son had a trial at the club.He never made it unfortunately.I now watch the U21s as much as I can and I really enjoy watching the young players coming through.I first saw Callum Harriott playing for the U16s and being immediately impressed by him.

• dickplumb said:

Davo55 said:

dickplumb said:

How's Jordan Cousins doing? Has he moved to midfield now, as he doesn't seem to be featuring at RB any more.
    Harry Osbourne has been playing at Right back this Season and is doing a good job for the U21s.Jordan Cousins looks very comfortable as a defensive midfield player.He has also previously played at right back and Centre half.