Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Charlton Life Shirt Sponsors - ALL WINNERS PLEASE READ & REPLY***

14567810»

Comments

• Options

Thank you Suzi for taking the time out to organise this event,it's very much appreciated. I had a very good evening.

I can't praise the players high enough, no real egos and all very approachable. The players all stayed close to their tables and were very happy to talk about any old shit and sign everything thrown at them. They just seemed a really good bunch of fellas.

Met a few CL too, again all good people. Well done to Charlton

Yes thanks Suzi for all your hard work
    A very good night, all the players were all glad to sign stuff, photos etc.
    Nice to meet Threadkiller, Chicagoaddick, WSS
    We were on Danny Hollands table, a really nice guy,

• Options

Thank you Suzi for taking the time out to organise this event,it's very much appreciated. I had a very good evening.

I can't praise the players high enough, no real egos and all very approachable. The players all stayed close to their tables and were very happy to talk about any old shit and sign everything thrown at them. They just seemed a really good bunch of fellas.

Met a few CL too, again all good people. Well done to Charlton

Yes thanks Suzi for all your hard work
    A very good night, all the players were all glad to sign stuff, photos etc.
    Nice to meet Threadkiller, Chicagoaddick, WSS
    We were on Danny Hollands table, a really nice guy,

were you? so was I
  • Options
    it was lovely to meet so many Lifers last night, you really are a grand bunch.
  • Options
    Just got back home from various travels - the first of which was the Sponsor's dinner last Thursday, and now have the time and opportunity to express my thanks and delight following a great experience. I would like to thank Suzi, Curb it and any others for organising this - it was wonderful and you have my deep gratitude.

It was great to meet other lifers such as Delroofer, Lordromford and Rufus is a dogsname (amongst others), who confirmed my sincerely held belief that CL is truly the home of a better class of interneting Charlton fan (as I also assured Mr Solly, who had read a few less than complimentary comments on here by some halfwit many moons ago). Not only were they wonderful people, I was also utterly flabbergasted at just how friendly, down to earth and interesting all of the players were to which I spoke - not to mention very patient for putting up with the likes of me! We really do have a special squad of players and their unity, thoughtfulness, humility and sense of purpose was a wonder to behold.

Special thanks to Del, who managed to persuade me to conquer my star-struck bashfulness so that I could fulfil a life's ambition to meet the truly exceptional and utterly wonderful talisman who, I am overjoyed to say, runs our quite wonderful and truly special club.

Many, many thanks to everyone involved.
  • Options
    Great to have met you and to have helped you meet your hero Steve.

Solly also told us that the players are due to meet the gaffer tomorrow and will find out what is expected of them for the coming season. He is hoping to be offered a new deal which he will be pleased to sign as he is very happy at Charlton.
    He has taken up golf and has joined a club in Orpington with a few of the other guys and they play every Wednesday and are about to go to Spain soon for a golf break.
    He is very impressed by Chris Powell and has benefitted from the personal advice he has been given by one of the best defenders Charlton have ever had. Solly also stressed that CP was keen to bring in a special type of person when looking at new players. They have to be team men and willing to contribute to a common cause. The gaffer is also very much into team bonding and always puts the team above any individual. We were surprised to be told that any player that was thought to be a disruptive influence would be kept apart from the first team, even if they were to be receiving treatment it was done at a differerent time to the rest.
    He said he loved his song, but was too shy to aknowledge it when the crowd sing it, and he also confirmed that Hughsie is a complete nutcase, as has been mentioned elsewhere.
    As bigstemarra posted above, Solly told us that the players tend not to look at CL as they have been upset by some of the negative comments in the past. He admitted that he looked at CL while on holiday with his girlfriend last Summer, during the period when he was being linked with a move to West Ham. He was upset at some of the claims and comments that were attributed to him, especially about him wanting away from Charlton and he has not been back to CL since.
    I think that Solly is shy, bashful and very modest but he loves Charlton and wants to stay as long as it is possible. Let us hope that his meeting with CP tomorrow is positive and he is offered the deal he deserves to keep him with us for the next few years - at least.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Just got back home from various travels - the first of which was the Sponsor's dinner last Thursday, and now have the time and opportunity to express my thanks and delight following a great experience. I would like to thank Suzi, Curb it and any others for organising this - it was wonderful and you have my deep gratitude.

It was great to meet other lifers such as Delroofer, Lordromford and Rufus is a dogsname (amongst others), who confirmed my sincerely held belief that CL is truly the home of a better class of interneting Charlton fan (as I also assured Mr Solly, who had read a few less than complimentary comments on here by some halfwit many moons ago). Not only were they wonderful people, I was also utterly flabbergasted at just how friendly, down to earth and interesting all of the players were to which I spoke - not to mention very patient for putting up with the likes of me! We really do have a special squad of players and their unity, thoughtfulness, humility and sense of purpose was a wonder to behold.

Special thanks to Del, who managed to persuade me to conquer my star-struck bashfulness so that I could fulfil a life's ambition to meet the truly exceptional and utterly wonderful talisman who, I am overjoyed to say, runs our quite wonderful and truly special club.

Glad you had a great time , sounds like fun , when you said

'Special thanks to Del, who managed to persuade me to conquer my star-struck bashfulness so that I could fulfil a life's ambition to meet the truly exceptional and utterly wonderful talisman who, I am overjoyed to say, runs our quite wonderful and truly special club.'

I wasn't sure if you meant Sebby Lewis , Fanny Fanackapan or Chris Powell? :-0
  • Options

Glad you had a great time , sounds like fun , when you said

'Special thanks to Del, who managed to persuade me to conquer my star-struck bashfulness so that I could fulfil a life's ambition to meet the truly exceptional and utterly wonderful talisman who, I am overjoyed to say, runs our quite wonderful and truly special club.'

I wasn't sure if you meant Sebby Lewis , Fanny Fanackapan or Chris Powell? :-0
    BDL.