Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

lá sona st Pádraig

Comments

• Options
    @AFKABartram

Medusa was a Gorgon in Greek mythology, who had venomous snakes on her head instead of hair.

Legend has it that Saint Paddy banished all the snakes from Ireland.

Ergo not the best possible date for Medusa, who is now as bald as a coot.
  • Options
    enjoy your day ---ill raise a glass to StPat and St George later if i csn be arsed to wade through the snow along the cliff path to the boozer

slante
  • Options
    St. Patrick was responsible for ridding Ireland of snakes. I trust you know what Medusa is noted for.

• Options
    Bergeebers berjabbers berjibbers at all at all at all...

Happy plastic paddy day!
  • Options
    What’s the real definition of a plastic paddy ?
  • Options

Arsenal supporter.

• Options

About 70% of people who claim ancestry.
  • Options

St. Patrick was responsible for ridding Ireland of snakes. I trust you know what Medusa is noted for.

I don’t, no. Seems like I’m the resident thicko here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

@AFKABartram will become one after his first pint of Guinness later.
    AFKA doesn't do only ones :smile:

• Options
    While I’m at it, what’s the difference between Guinness Draft and Guinness Original?
  • Options

While I’m at it, what’s the difference between Guinness Draft and Guinness Original?

Guiness original comes in a bottle. And is a very different beer to what they market as Guiness draught.
    Taste it and you'll know what I mean.

• Options

About 70% of people who claim ancestry.

That’s my point. Is it grandparents, great grandparents, great great etc etc.
  • Options
    Lá Pádraig Shona go léir!

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all! Don’t be putting a dampener on our day, with the rugby now!! :wink:
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Guiness original comes in a bottle. And is a very different beer to what they market as Guiness draught.

I'd imaging as a lager/cider drinker, draught would probably be more to your taste but as Oggy says give them both a go see what you like.

As for 'Extra Cold', it's the same as draught, it's just gone through the cooler twice. No difference in the taste itself but is possibly nicer on a hot day.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited March 2018
    I’ve researched the calories

Heineken = 255
    Kronenbourg = 244
    Strongbow (draught) = 239
    Peroni (draught) = 235
    Fosters = 227
    Guinness = 210
    Budweiser (draught) = 192
    Directors bitter = 187
    John Smiths Smooth = 182
    Wife beater (Stella) = 176
    Peroni (bottle) = 142
    Carslberg = 141
    Carling = 138
    Red Wine = 85
    White wine = 82
    Budweiser (bottle) = 41
    Guinness Original (bottle/can) = 36 practically a slimline tonic

Gentleman, choose your weapons
  • Options
    Stig said:

Oggy Red said:

I'd imaging as a lager/cider drinker, draught would probably be more to your taste but as Oggy says give them both a go see what you like.

As for 'Extra Cold', it's the same as draught, it's just gone through the cooler twice. No difference in the taste itself but is possibly nicer on a hot day.
    Another thing ..... keg (and majority of bottled beers, but not "bottle conditioned") are fizzed up with carbon dioxide.
    But not Draught Guinness, which is injected with nitrogen to give the 'creamy' or smooth head.

• Options

Americans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Happy Paddy’s Day to all the paddies and paddy descendants on here. Gonna try Guinness for the first time at lunchtime today

I wouldn’t mate, it stunts your growth
  • Options

Happy Paddy’s Day to all the paddies and paddy descendants on here. Gonna try Guinness for the first time at lunchtime today

How was it for you?

Might change my user name to @jamesonaddick.
  • Options
    As Guinness is now officially vegan (did I mention I was vegan?) I’d quite happily raise one in honour of my Irish cousins but I’m cosy in my jammies in front of the fire so they’ll have to make do with a Yorkshire tea salute.
  • Options

How was it for you?

Doesn't look like he's answering. Maybe he's developed a taste for it and gone all Henry Sellers.
  • Options

How was it for you?

Never happened I’m afraid, turned into Bucks Fizz and Budweiser Day. I’ll save you for another day
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Good effort that!
  • Options
    At a rockabilly event last night, downed a few pints of the black stuff for nostalgic reasons.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    DA9 said:

I’ve researched the calories

Heineken = 255
    Kronenbourg = 244
    Strongbow (draught) = 239
    Peroni (draught) = 235
    Fosters = 227
    Guinness = 210
    Budweiser (draught) = 192
    Directors bitter = 187
    John Smiths Smooth = 182
    Wife beater (Stella) = 176
    Peroni (bottle) = 142
    Carslberg = 141
    Carling = 138
    Red Wine = 85
    White wine = 82
    Budweiser (bottle) = 41
    Guinness Original (bottle/can) = 36 practically a slimline tonic

Gentleman, choose your weapons

I never knew Guinness Original was so low.

Thank you, DA9, great shout.