Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

lá sona st Pádraig

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:

Quiz question. What other nation also has a public holiday in honour of St Patrick?

Is it Montserrat?
  • Options

I've worn green socks to work by coincidence and all the Irish folk in the office are complimenting me for it. I'm just rolling with it if I'm honest.

St Patrick's colour is blue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Patrick's_blue
  • Options
    IA said:

cabbles said:

Quiz question. What other nation also has a public holiday in honour of St Patrick?

Is it Montserrat?
    Correct @IA where did you find the answer, page 2 :wink:
  • Options
    Thought it was going to be a millwall fan asking for a ticket
  • Options

Happy St Patrick's day, have a good one everyone, St Patrick is said to got rid of all the snakes in Ireland. We could do with him to get them out of our club today.

Made some soda bread last night to take into work.

Shoulda wiped the marchin powder off the worktop from last nights pre paddy's day piss up, before making that bread Guiny pal. ; )

Have a goodun, Paddys and Paddesses
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

NO CHANCE.

Of anything in particular or is it just a general denial of anything happening ever?
  • Options
    My wife's family is irish so we will be popping into Blythe Hill Tavern (http://www.blythehilltavern.org.uk/) for a small libation this evening. It's a cracking boozer so if you live in the area and don't know it, I'd recommend getting along some time, even if not today.
  • Options
    Happy St Patrick's day to Irish Addicks everywhere (real and plastic!)
  • Options
    Slainte. Off to Dublin tomorrow ahead of the Scotland 6 Nations match - can't wait for my first pint of Guinness in Doheny & Nesbitts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lá Fhéil Pádraig Sona Daoibh! Happy St Patrick's Day to one & all
  • Options
    Between here and Facebook, Google translate has taken a hammering and it's early draws
  • Options
    Enjoy all those that celebrate. Not sure why Facebook sent me a personal happy st pats day tho ?
  • Options

My wife's family is irish so we will be popping into Blythe Hill Tavern (http://www.blythehilltavern.org.uk/) for a small libation this evening. It's a cracking boozer so if you live in the area and don't know it, I'd recommend getting along some time, even if not today.

Terry and Con offering you a few free Guinness to promote it lol
  • Options
    Forgot about this - just walked into a pub and they are putting Irish flags and stuff up. I thought it was an ironic hat doff to their 6 nations performance.
  • Options
    Hope they dont celebrate St Belgiums Day like this...
  • Options
    Were they former Internationals when they joined us - surely we had some current ones too.
  • Options
    No mention of club hero Eamon Dunphy!! shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eamon Rogers scored a cracking goal away st Watford one year
  • Options
    This day seems to be coming around quicker every year.

Anyway have a good one everyone celebrating it today, or over the weekend.
    You don't have to be Irish to enjoy it, but it helps.

Got some treats for work.
  • Options

This day seems to be coming around quicker every year.

Anyway have a good one everyone celebrating it today, or over the weekend.
    You don't have to be Irish to enjoy it, but it helps.

Got some treats for work.

Wot - no Taytos or Barry's Tea?
  • Options
    Been in Diageo HQ past few days, won't be there today so had a complimentary Guinness yesterday instead.

Will have a Bailey's or 4 tonight to celebrate
  • Options
    Tayto crisps and red lemonade (don't ask) for tea. Back to the 1970s.
  • Options
    after 2 days at cheltenham dont know how many Guinness ill get through tonight, but out on all dayer for the rugby so will sink a few then.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Happy St Pats Day to all you Boys n Girls in green on here today
  • Options
    Begorragh
  • Options
    Slante
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

The turn I feel a large chunk of my country has taken of late.

It's not St. Patrick's Day if an American doesn't appropriate something Irish, right?