Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Broadchurch - Monday's ITV

Comments

• Options
    Serious let down, not sure who's lost the plot but I have no desire to retrieve it.
  • Options
    its a shocker compared to the 1st series.
    Pure example of why some things should just be left alone.

Just unbelievable scenario after unbelievable scenario.
  • Options
    On top of everything else, in the last episode they had two sunrise scenes on the cliffs - with the sun rising in the west! Doh.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

its a shocker compared to the 1st series.
    Pure example of why some things should just be left alone.

Just unbelievable scenario after unbelievable scenario.

My thoughts as well. The 2nd one has been a complete let down. Not even going to bother watching anymore.
  • Options
    Losing interest rapidly the strength of the first series was it had one story line which was absolutey riveting everyone had a theory (Mrs Dave as ever had it right from episode 3....damn) but this is meandering all over the place and sorry to say David Tennent, who is usually like as an actor, is badly over acting.

I will see it through but for me series 2 has somehow devalued seies 1.
  • Options
    I'm not a David Tennant fan & really can't see why he's so popular. He's average for me.
  • Options
    Last one tonight. Thank gawd. This 2nd series has been a right load of chite.
  • Options
    Ha, have avoided this thread for the last 8 weeks.

You guys are a tough crowd !!!
  • Options
    I'm with AFKA, I don't think its been too bad. Not brilliant but not too bad. I thought series one was massively overrated though and I think this has been of a similar standard if I'm honest, although trying to mash together the two story lines has not really worked out that well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tuned it to bid it farewell, but apparently it's going to be back for a 3rd series. There's a limit to how much mileage they can get out of 2 cliffs, 6 boats and a community of murderous yokels. Kill it off cleanly, unlike the victims in the plot.
  • Options
    I always thought this was going to end with the fact the dad was covering for his son Tom, who accidentally killed the other boy. If there was a missing bit I'd like to see covered / revisited, I still don't understand why he killed the boy
  • Options
    I'm sure in the first series it actually showed a flashback of him killing the boy so there was never any doubt.

The last episode wasn't as bad as the rest of it. No way they could really save it at a series though for me.
  • Options
    Thought that was good. Just glad i hadn't watched the 5 or 6 episodes before it!
  • Options
    Was there actually any evidence against the father of the murdered girl to force him to go from no commenting to confessing in a few seconds ?
  • Options

I always thought this was going to end with the fact the dad was covering for his son Tom, who accidentally killed the other boy. If there was a missing bit I'd like to see covered / revisited, I still don't understand why he killed the boy

I always thought that the guy who worked with the dad of the murdered boy was steve from the albany.
  • Options
    Ha, cracking !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Was there actually any evidence against the father of the murdered girl to force him to go from no commenting to confessing in a few seconds ?

The witness evidence from the other two perps together with the taxi firm's records. Oh, and presumably, the Welsh bird was going to tell them where the flask was hidden?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

The witness evidence from the other two perps together with the taxi firm's records. Oh, and presumably, the Welsh bird was going to tell them where the flask was hidden?
    But wasn't pretty much one of the main themes of the series that those two lied through their teeth ? And I highly doubt any evidence that David Tennant obtained from either of them (particuarly the Welsh bird) would be admissible in court given what's happened.

Nonsense last episode in a real mess of a series, I know it's a fictional drama but some parts of those storylines were absolute fantasy.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafcfan said:

se9addick said:

But wasn't pretty much one of the main themes of the series that those two lied through their teeth ? And I highly doubt any evidence that David Tennant obtained from either of them (particuarly the Welsh bird) would be admissible in court given what's happened.

Nonsense last episode in a real mess of a series, I know it's a fictional drama but some parts of those storylines were absolute fantasy.
    Of course, yes, in reality all the admissions made during interview would have been inadmissible because of the detectives' personal relationships with one of the defendants. Utterly bonkers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The babysitter though - can't blame him.

And what was the reference in previous episode when he said was going back to France where no one knows him - well almost no one?
    Seemed to suggest the babysitter was in France.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The babysitter though - can't blame him.

And what was the reference in previous episode when he said was going back to France where no one knows him - well almost no one?
    Seemed to suggest the babysitter was in France.

I think they tracked her phone to France, so I expect he took it with him

• Options
    What a sack of shit that was!
  • Options
    should have left it after the first excellent series, now we have a third series of rubbish to come
  • Options
    Saw franchise all over again...
  • Options
    did anyone else notice at the end - they sent the killer out of the house thing on the top of the cliff. When he was walking away all the people who had been in the house thing with him were already outside in front of him.
  • Options
    Yeah thought that too. Said to wife they got out there quick to watch him go in taxi.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    My money still on Tom with his dad protecting him but will have to wait till Series 8 before it's all revealed lol ;-)
  • Options
    I did quite enjoy how it was Sheffield they banished him to
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

My money still on Tom with his dad protecting him but will have to wait till Series 8 before it's all revealed lol ;-)

But we saw Joe kill Danny in a flashback in the first series, and every flashback in the two series have been revelations of fact and truth. So Joe did kill Danny.