Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Broadchurch - Monday's ITV

Comments

• Options
    Symbolic slug?
  • Options
    I think there is a final episode to come with a twist - Dad was only covering for son.
  • Options
    But did son do it, or did Dad just think he did? Too many loose ends.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Two things I didn't understand:
    Why introduce the kid's argument with the postman, which you saw on screen but the postie denied ever happened, and then leave it unexplained?
    How did the slug get into the house?
    I assume that the Vicar will be shagging the hotel owner though.
  • Options
    It was the psychic bit which wasn't explained that was odd. And the slug of course.
  • Options

But did son do it, or did Dad just think he did? Too many loose ends.

What do you mean? Did son do what?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It was the psychic bit which wasn't explained that was odd. And the slug of course.

He was a psychic no explanation needed
  • Options
    And there was me thinking it was the pooch that done it.
  • Options
    Psychic slug ? Should of seen that foot coming.
  • Options
    The winner was :-

The female copper's husband

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    another series? how? unless its about the the court procedings and theres a twist, remember tennant got to this stage before it went tits up and the bloke was set free, he did say He would never close that case so maybe now hes off the force he can go back to it. just hope it dosnt turn into another midsummer with a murder everyweek.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

PL54 said:

se9addick said:

When she returned to her house to collect her things when the forensics team was there, did she step on a slug in her living room ?

She did
    Was there some significance in that ? Seems very odd !
    The show's creator Chris Chibnall insists one of the little clues as to the murderer's identity was the slug that Ellie squashes in the finale. The slug was first shown on their carpet in episode two - a metaphor that there's an intruder in the house.

Aah of course, how unobservant & obtuse of me :-)
  • Options
    New series has just become very interesting............

Maybe Joe Miller did not kill Danny after all?
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

New series has just become very interesting............

Maybe Joe Miller did not kill Danny after all?

Perhaps he's claiming accidental death and that's why the body is being exhumed.
  • Options
    He confessed though didn't he on tape? Explained all that happened which matched up with the evidence/forensics.

Bit odd.
  • Options
    Looks like court case is going horribly wrong!
  • Options
    Wish Mr Tennant would refrain from mumbling
  • Options
    In the annals of TV cop duo history has there ever been such an incompetent pair as Miller and Hardy?

They are so utterly useless at their job, I'm surprised the writers didn't call them Laurel & Hardy.
  • Options
    I know it's just a TV show but there's just so much that's inaccurate (why are all the witnesses in the court case sitting in court ?) and improbable in this new series, definitely not as good as the last.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

In the annals of TV cop duo history has there ever been such an incompetent pair as Miller and Hardy?

Exactly what I said to my wife last night, and the exclusion of the confession suits the storyline but the way it came about was poorly done. Will probably watch next week but if it doesn't pick up we'll be focussing on Foyles War, which is brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

I know it's just a TV show but there's just so much that's inaccurate (why are all the witnesses in the court case sitting in court ?) and improbable in this new series, definitely not as good as the last.

The one I have the biggest problem with is the young journalist. Surely he can't be a witness and be writing a live blog about the trial.
  • Options
    The concept of the defending Counsel, presumably on legal aid doing their own leg work around the murder scene is just laughable. (Almost as laughable as what the pathologists get up to in Silent Witness.) Thankfully the BBC only try to do drama and not solve and prosecute crimes.
  • Options
    After a very good first series, it has reverted to ITV trash.
  • Options
    Glad, it's not only me that thinks it's poor.
  • Options
    Not a patch on the first series so far. Hope it improves.
  • Options
    Went to sleep.
  • Options
    Good hammers though
  • Options
    Anyone know if it is different writers this time?
  • Options
    Absolute pile of shoite, loved the first one, couldn't wait to watch every week.

This series, IMO is a shambles, terrible acting, unbelievable scenarios.

Tosh
  • Options
    I just love Eve Myles, I would rather be in her than be in the Army.