Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

State of the pitch - Embarrassing

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps it's being done on purpose to make the new Arab investors feel at home.
  • Options
    Strong argument for 3G pitches when you look at ours today.
  • Options

I saw some Kuwaiti businessmen in the directors box today...
  • Options
    New thread please ;0)
  • Options
    Stop digging Henry. The bloke had a valid point.
  • Options
    Remember, we had the most rain in December since records began, them snow in January, so I'm not surprised its the worst you've seen in 18 years.
  • Options

Remember, we had the most rain in December since records began, them snow in January, so I'm not surprised its the worst you've seen in 18 years.

But we're not the only club to have had this weather. I doubt any other pitch in the Championship is as bad.
  • Options
    Sod the pitch, I'm more concerned about the 11 headless chickens running around on it most games.
  • Options
    I hear the training ground is in rather better nick. Odd.
  • Options

I saw some Kuwaiti businessmen in the directors box today...
    Sadly I didn't see Charlton play a game of football today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But we're not the only club to have had this weather. I doubt any other pitch in the Championship is as bad.
    Blackpool's is worse!
  • Options
    I've banged on about the pitch in a previous thread. I know Paddy well and I know he is really disappointed with it. Not much you can do with it until it warms up and the grass starts to re-grow. I will say this again, we don't have any waterproof pitch covers anymore, no undersoil heating, no new drainage and it doesn't get reseeded and top dressed until the middle of June. Throw in the wettest winter for years and the likelihood is the pitch will be bare.
  • Options
    Then whose fault is it that the money has not been made available for Paddy to do his job. If its the Chairman then we should write and slag him off because the pitch is a disgrace.
  • Options
    didnt stop forest scoring 2
  • Options
    I'm sure he is disappointed but they manage to maintain the training ground which is played on everyday...
  • Options
    edited February 2013

didnt stop forest scoring 2

or playing some good football.
  • Options
    Couldn't we get Fisons to sponsor the away end... The Jimmy Grass Seed Stand. (I know, sacrilegious)
  • Options
    NWCorner said:

I've banged on about the pitch in a previous thread. I know Paddy well and I know he is really disappointed with it. Not much you can do with it until it warms up and the grass starts to re-grow. I will say this again, we don't have any waterproof pitch covers anymore, no undersoil heating, no new drainage and it doesn't get reseeded and top dressed until the middle of June. Throw in the wettest winter for years and the likelihood is the pitch will be bare.

Fair enough, but Welling's pitch seems to be in a better state at present, imo.
  • Options
    DRF said:

I'm sure he is disappointed but they manage to maintain the training ground which is played on everyday...

I think they have 4/5 pitches that they can rotate at the training ground and if they are too wet they have the 3G pitch.

• Options
    it should be better with all the shit thats been on it this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

NWCorner said:

Fair enough, but Welling's pitch seems to be in a better state at present, imo.
    True, Wellings pitch has always been good.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Meridians first team pitch is like a carpet.

Has two Kent invicta teams (meridian and bridon ropes) that play on it, so used every Saturday, and is only 1/2 mile from the valley. No undersoil heating, no covers, no money thrown at it.

The valley pitch is terrible. However, pro footballers should be able to cope and the opposition don't find it hard to play on it.
  • Options
    Think we need to separate the two completely different issues here. The condition of the pitch is appalling and our performances at home this season are appalling. They are not in any way shape or form connected.
  • Options
    How about the Watford pitch as well, they've had Rugger on that this season yet on NYD it was a dream. Even the Udders pitch 24hours after the Rugby League game was in better nick!

Instead of paying out money for loanees etc. we should scrape some dough together to buy some bloody covers, I doubt they cost too much
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

How about the Watford pitch as well, they've had Rugger on that this season yet on NYD it was a dream. Even the Udders pitch 24hours after the Rugby League game was in better nick!

Instead of paying out money for loanees etc. we should scrape some dough together to buy some bloody covers, I doubt they cost too much

I've said in previous threads Watford/ Udders have had over a million spent on their pitches. They have a desso pitch, undersoil heating and a special drainage system.
  • Options
    Adored him as a player but Paddy should get the chop for that abomination. Probably costing us points as players not looking forward to playing on it.
  • Options

Adored him as a player but Paddy should get the chop for that abomination. Probably costing us points as players not looking forward to playing on it.

Oh do shut up. Seriously, everyone's got the ump mate but maybe you want to put your brain cell into gear before demanding people get sacked. Idiot.

• Options

That is so funny ! Sums up some of the 1st Class knobs on this site !
  • Options

That is so funny ! Sums up some of the 1st Class knobs on this site !
  • Options
    Why do people get the sack off it?

Answer - for not getting results.

But you go ahead and justify why the pitch is acceptable when comparing it to Watford's who incidentally also has rugby union played on it.

You seem to have a season ticket on most threads and I've noticed how you like to moan at others and mock their views. You fail to grasp that a forum is about views and opinions. Maybe you are the idiot.