Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

State of the pitch - Embarrassing

I know we had some awful weather lately but out of the last 18 years I seen us play, I have never seen the pitch look as bad as this. I always praised the club for keeping a good pitch but it looks pathetic and embarrassing.

I am not making an excuse for the players performance today because those professionals should put up with a pitch that is bumpy and horrible but you can see why Hamer had a rant about it.

The club does really need to sort this out ASAP.

Sorry if there is a thread already on this.

Comments

• Looked like they laid down some green carpet in the 6 yard box, and the rest of the pitch was basically either sand or mud. Think I have played on some Sunday league pitches which were better.
  • Yeah the pitch is terrible, our players really don't know how to play on bad turf either.
  • Think it was actually better today than it has been purely because it wasn't wet
  • The opposition always seem to play alright on it though
  • Why are you embarressed?

Do girls laugh at you and tease you about the pitch?

Its bad but not sure why you personally feel embaressed.

I think he means it is an embarrassment to the club.
  • edited February 2013
    Thought it played a lot better than it looked. Did'nt stop Forest spraying it about on the deck for 90 mins.
  • Powell out!
  • Every other team cope alright with it.
  • It wasn't great but Forest (I.e Andy Reid) managed to play some nice passing football on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• because thats the least you ask for in a professional club

It was quite clear he meant it was an embarrassment to the club, may be I missed the point in his post where he said it was personally embarrassing?

Still, no need to be embarrassed if you're reading comprehension is poor - perhaps time to be a bit embaressed if you were just trying to be sarcastic and came off looking like an idiot though.
  • henry , quite interesting word association
    embarrassed = girls laughing at you

do you have a little willy ? I had you down as a big prick
  • Sack the pitch.

What does it need to do to get dropped?
  • I wasn't there offy
  • Off_it said:

Sack the pitch.

Very good Offy , can always rely on you to cheer us up! :-0

• The grass really is greener on the other side.
  • Off_it said:

Sack the pitch.

Very good Offy , can always rely on you to cheer us up! :-0

I just don't see the point in moaning about it. It is what it is, and whilst I'm pretty sure that nobody is happy with it there's not really a lot anyone can do about it.
  • LuckyReds
    It's a fundamental principle that if you are going to correct someone's spelling, you make sure that you get your own right. You should have written 'your comprehension' not 'you're comprehension':-)
    As for the actual subject matter, the pitch is awful but was not the factor in today's defeat. Forest were far better than CAFC.
  • Very true , i wasn't meaning to come across as sarcastic!
  • Sponsored links:

• The grass really is greener on the other side.

Then we should turn this pitch over.
  • Agree, the state of the pitch was shocking.
  • CAFCOlly said:

Agree, the state of the pitch was shocking.

You were shocked by a patch of grass - or lack of grass?
  • LuckyReds said:

Why are you embarressed?

It was quite clear he meant it was an embarrassment to the club, may be I missed the point in his post where he said it was personally embarrassing?

Still, no need to be embarrassed if you're reading comprehension is poor - perhaps time to be a bit embaressed if you were just trying to be sarcastic and came off looking like an idiot though.
    Or maybe you're just a bit sad and have no sense of humour.
  • Didn't stop Forest though playing some good football, so don't think it's as bad playing wise as people are saying.
  • edited February 2013
    It's nothing to do with us being crap at home. Forget that. It is however a major concern that we must sort out. Yes it is embarrassing at the moment.
  • henry , quite interesting word association
    embarrassed = girls laughing at you

do you have a little willy ? I had you down as a big prick

I had you down as a little twat so maybe we'd get on well

: - )
  • Huskaris said:

Why are you embarressed?

I think he means it is an embarrassment to the club.
    Did he? Funny he never said that but some people seem to have had a real sense of humour collapse just because we lost.

• How about an auction to raise money for some grass seeds. Target Evergreen ;-)
  • The pitch is a joke and won't get any better until the summer. End of.