Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leicester v Charlton - Post match Views 2013

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
Well that come as a big surprise to a lot of people, but the facts remain that we have not been playing badly and our away form is good.

Well done SCP and the lads, and well done the near-700 who travelled, excellent midweek turnout for us considering.

Look forward to hearing from those at the game.

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Great result and well done SCP!

I look forward to Choice et al giving him some credit since they love to come on and criticise!

Cushion from the bottom 3 maintained.

EDIT: Credit to Choice he has!
  • Options
    Biggest win this season.
  • Options
    This lot never cease to amaze me. Delighted. Bonus tonight is we are now above Millwall.
  • Options
    Redmidland is our lucky charm.
    Above the Spanners now , I'm well chuffed.
  • Options
    Life is sweet once again and well done Powell and the whole team against all the odds. I am so happy. Doing the double over Leicester is a big achievement.
  • Options
    £10. @ 6/1. And £5 @ 21/1 on win 2 to1 on Betfair get in there !
  • Options
    well done Ralphy !
  • Options
    Lets just keep the faith
  • Options
    What a result

Great sub by chrissy. Could have easily brang tayler or wilson on at 1-1. But to bring on haynes for dervite with 10 mins left shows he wanted to win that.

Well happy. Come on you reds.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Where's the doom mongers now? Looks like they have crawled back under their stones.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

We are due a right pasting and I fear something like 4-0.

But knowing CP and the lads, and this is CHARLTON right?, they'll probably give all us doom mongers a kick on the nuts and get a fabulous win a la Watford away. Everything crossed!

My earlier post on the predictions thread. Never has a kick in the nuts felt so good or been so welcome. This is our CHARLTON. That's why we love 'em. Happy night!
  • Options
    Would have been happy with a point, delighted with a win - our away form is different gravy and if we could have only fixed up the home form (lack of goal power) then we'd be in the Play Offs.

I have to say that the difference between us and Saints/Norwich going straight through this division and our mid-table plight is the simple fact that they had Ricky Lambert and Grant Holt.

If we had that 25 goal striker then we'd be in the Play-Offs.
  • Options
    Big ballsy win fucking love it
  • Options
    This is why I support Charlton. After all the shite I've had to watch over the past few weeks it suddenly seems worth it when we pull out an unexpected result like this
  • Options
    It's all a bit quiet from the people who know better than powell.
  • Options
    Well done Powell and the boys, Positive changes for once proved to be the telling point. Fantastic result.
  • Options
    Brilliant. Sums up this team of triers and battlers. So glad a substitution has paid off.
    Hopefully those who come on here after each draw or defeat, blaming Powell or Hamer or Stephens or whoever is culprit of the that particular day will remember this. Plus the results against Cardiff, Watford etc and accept it is one of those leagues and one of those seasons. Anyone can beat anyone...and we re included in that.
    COYR.
  • Options
    Humble pie time for me. Expected to get thrashed tonight. Incredible result looking at our opponents. Delighted.
  • Options
    Top win and an important one.
  • Options

£10. @ 6/1. And £5 @ 21/1 on win 2 to1 on Betfair get in there !

Had a score on Charlton, would have won 108, stupidly cashed out at 1-1 cos was sure we would go on to lose. What a w***** I am.
    Great result though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Jingle feckin bells

One of those away days that will live long in the memory.

And wait till you see Haynes' goal with his first touch. Fantastic.

Who said Powell can't do subs?

Who said Powell out?

They all put a fantastic shift in but Kermo was a monster.

• Options
    Top result and of course completely chuffed.

Lets just try and carry this momentum by beating Forest at the weekend!!!
  • Options
    Kermorgant is a beast. That is all.
  • Options

What a result

Great sub by chrissy. Could have easily brang tayler or wilson on at 1-1. But to bring on haynes for dervite with 10 mins left shows he wanted to win that.

Well happy. Come on you reds.

Couldn't agree more. A positive substitution at a difficult time in the match. made Leicester think about the forward coming on, stopping them from constant bombardment of our box

• Options
    Boy that leauge table looks better tonight. sounded like a real gutsy performance .
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I think this was a massive result as it sent a message to the players that we can't sit back too much. That trait has probably cost us a play off place this season but the reaction from the commentators said it all - what is he doing? etc... when he brought Haynes on for Dervite. We knew what he was doing - had he not done it, we would have lost that game. Ok, you need a bit of luck but if any game changes a mentality, this is it.

Very happy for Chrissy, everybody is entitled to make mistakes, as long as they learn from them and whilst the lack of points from our last few games has been frustrating, the lessons learned could be priceless. COYRs.
  • Options
    Chuffed and it was needed, can't believe Barnsley's form.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    What a season ! We generally get the opposite result of what I'm expecting.
    Magnificent result, for me the best result of the season.
    I'm so pleased for Powell. He made a very brave substitutuion, bringing Haynes on for Dervite & it paid off with Haynes' 1st touch.
    A huge well done to Powell, the players & the supporters.
    Absolutely chuffed. Yipee i a yipee i o .
  • Options
    @AFKABartram I believe its 2013 not 2012 unless I am very much confused........
  • Options
    cracking win couldnt see that coming at all.