Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoking at The Valley / e-cigarettes

1235»

Comments

• Options
    They are not stinky, you hardly notice them, and they are not harming you.

I am a tolerant, non self righteous (when it comes to smoking), non nagging ex smoker, by the way. I just try to encourage those that are trying to give up by whatever method, rather than slating them for attempting it.
  • Options
    How dare people doing something different to me, absolutely seething here.
  • Options
    MERGH
  • Options
    Are e-cigs included in the car smoking ban relevant from the 1st Oct?
  • Options
    Hardly notice them my arse
  • Options
    I have been using them for that last 2 years and not smoked a cigarette since.i used to smoke between 30/40 a day. every day I'd get up and cough my guts up for about half an hour. since I started vaping I never cough I can taste and smell better and I have also come down from 24 mg of nicotine to 3 mg of nicotine.i have now found a new hobby as well by making my own juices so for me it's all been a good experience.i understand the non smoker bit but surely it's more harmful walking down the street with all the pollution than it is standing next to let's say me puffing my strawberry cheesecake flavour e cigarette
  • Options

Hardly notice them my arse

Okay, you hardly notice then if you are not going out of your way to do so.
  • Options
    I'm a non smoker but find it ridiculous that you can't smoke at the back of the East Stand or anywhere else outside. If people are allowed to sink pints of beer leading to them shouting and being a bloody nuisance and wanting to go to the bloody toilet every 5 minutes, then someone else should be allowed to smoke a cigarette in the open air. As far as banning e cigs is concerned, this should be a violation of human rights.
  • Options
    Hmmm but consuming a pint of sh*tty fosters doesn't harm the kids standing around you. Just you and your organs.

Smoking hurts bystanders. That's why you shouldn't be allowed to do it in a confined public space. Especially a place full of kids.

Harming others with your vices is a violation of human rights.

Says someone who drinks and has been a smoker in the past.

• Options
    EastStand said:

Hmmm but consuming a pint of sh*tty fosters doesn't harm the kids standing around you. Just you and your organs.

Smoking hurts bystanders. That's why you shouldn't be allowed to do it in a confined public space. Especially a place full of kids.

You would only damage a kid with an e cigarette if you banged it up their nose with a sledgehammer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back of the East stand, stairs of the upper West, back of the north

All of these things means smokers don't give anyone else cancer in an enclosed space like the bogs
  • Options
    masicat said:

EastStand said:

You would only damage a kid with an e cigarette if you banged it up their nose with a sledgehammer.
    Every time a child sees an adult smoking it re-inforces the idea that it is a grown-up, ok thing to do. It does damage !
  • Options
    Hex said:

masicat said:

EastStand said:

Every time a child sees an adult smoking it re-inforces the idea that it is a grown-up, ok thing to do. It does damage !
    Then so do hundreds of other things.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Which is interesting in itself. Just you and your ograns is the very reason we have laws on seat belts, crash helmets and all sorts of other stuff but while alcohol - which I enjoy immensely - is highly addictive and very dangerous it does bring in vast amounts of tax revenue and is a big employer. So that's all right then....
  • Options
    Really drink doesn't harm anyone !!
    Interesting views
    How about the drunken fights it starts
    Or the families it breaks up due to violence at home
    Or the car crashes it causes the list goes on
  • Options

Hex said:

masicat said:

EastStand said:

Yep, but we can do something about smoking .....
  • Options
    Didn't say drinking doesn't hurt anyone now did I?

I said the act of consuming one pint doesn't physically harm a bystander.
  • Options
    nichorob said:

Are e-cigs included in the car smoking ban relevant from the 1st Oct?

Yes good question if anyone knows?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    EastStand said:

Didn't say drinking doesn't hurt anyone now did I?

I said the act of consuming one pint doesn't physically harm a bystander.

Some people want to fight the world after one fosters and you could be that person who gets targeted for no reason for just being in the wrong place at the wrong time

• Options
    Hex said:

Hex said:

masicat said:

EastStand said:

As we can about hundreds of other things...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hex said:

Hex said:

masicat said:

EastStand said:

As we can about hundreds of other things...
    Yes, but smokers stink and are generally obnoxious so it's best to start with them ! ;-)
  • Options
    You can buy zero nicotine right?

If so I may see if I can create a 21st century Shisha as I loved smoking those on my holidays to Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia.
  • Options

I am a non smoker. I have never smoked. I hate the whole disgusting thing. I've written to the club about the smoking in the toilets and posted on CL about how I think it should be banned. I was equally scathing about Vaping as there is no body of evidence to suggest that Vaping is not passively damaging. However. I think on reflection that I ought to climb down from my pedestal and perhaps be more tolerant of those trying to stop tobacco and Vape instead. There is some evidence now that it is not passively harmful and on that basis I think we all should encourage those wishing to stop smoking by cutting them some slack with regard to Vaping. I have spent some hours with a person who vapes and I did not find it at all offensive.

If it helps reduce use of tabacco I think it's a good move for all of us..

Agree.

I just like to smoke when I'm drunk and only on holiday, so if I'm using 0% nicotine vape juice or whatever it's called I may be able to enjoy it again in a Shisha type way.
  • Options
    Jints said:

No real evidence as to the non harm of passive e cigarette exposure. Until then I don't want them anywhere near me just like the real thing.

I see this argument all the time and it annoys me intensely. When did we go from banning things because it was demonstrated that they were harmful to banning things because there was no evidence that they weren't harmful? What next, screening to make sure you don't sit next to someone who has a cold? Nobody with badbreath allowed it because there's no evidence that stinky breath doesn't harm people in the general vicinity?

There's tons of evidence. All eliquids are made of flavourings, propelyne glycerine, vegetable glycerine and nicotine. Each one of these ingredients has been extensively tested and none of them are dangerous even to those directly inhaling them. You are as likely to be harmed from ecig vapour as from vapour from the bovril being drunk by the bloke behind you.

Vaping may damage immune system and lead to lung disease, study suggests

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/familyhealth/vaping-may-damage-immune-system-and-lead-to-lung-disease-study-suggests/ar-BBLTlJX?ocid=ientp