Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoking at The Valley / e-cigarettes

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I must admit that on the face of it I do sound a bit boring, but I'm thinking about becoming a rebel some day soon.
  • Options
    How many would you need to make a flare?
  • Options

How many would you need to make a flare?

e-flares! Good idea and even the anti's couldn't complain. Think you've hit on a winner GA ;o)
  • Options
    I gave up smoking in September 1994 and since then I have never stopped going on about how strong-willed I am and what weak-willed numpties are those who continue to smok.............ha ha only kidding!!

Nicotine is massively addictive and extremely hard to give up. The added ill effects of the tar etc in cigarettes means that any way of reducing the effects on the smoker of tobacco, has to be welcomed.
  • Options
    That is marcus brigstoke refusing the smokes in that tune.
  • Options
    So I'm thinking of switching to e-fags after pay day. Does anyone know how much they usually go for or can recommend a cheapish version?
  • Options

So I'm thinking of switching to e-fags after pay day. Does anyone know how much they usually go for or can recommend a cheapish version?

I tried looking for the company I got mine from but had no luck. I think I got it through a wowcher deal, so it was discounted. That said, I was really happy with it. I also got some different flavour cartridges which was a nice touch.

I'll see if I can dig out the receipt from my inbox. Although doing a quick google I found http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ <-- a forum dedicated to ecigs. O_o May be worth while having a browse on there.
  • Options
    I was a 5/6 average a day smoker for years......bought the ultra tank from Smoker's Angel....prefer this to the look alike fags with the blue light. Various flavours. Result is that I have had two regular cigarettes in 2 months and have virtually given up smoking/vaping completely
  • Options
    I use 10motives seems to be doing the trick tbh gone from 20 BH aday to nowt but ecig and the cartridges last me about 8 or 9 days for 6 quid

Was on a proper session on friday from midday till 430am and didnt smoke one proper fag but i did buy the disposable e cig to ladt the night as the charge onr would not have lasted without needing plugging in

Feel so much better than when i smoked and it has not been difficult at all tbh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I tried looking for the company I got mine from but had no luck. I think I got it through a wowcher deal, so it was discounted. That said, I was really happy with it. I also got some different flavour cartridges which was a nice touch.

I'll see if I can dig out the receipt from my inbox. Although doing a quick google I found http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ <-- a forum dedicated to ecigs. O_o May be worth while having a browse on there.</p>
    Cheers for that idea I did a quick google search and found a kit on KGB deals for £6 (usually £60).
  • Options
    I noticed at half-time today, BDL made the announcement "Just to remind you, the valley is a non smoking stadium, which includes the use of e-cigarettes", just as I was happily puffing away on mine.

WTF? These things do absolutely no harm to the user, and certainly none to anyone nearby. As far as I'm aware, this isn't a legal requirement, as smoking is, but something the club has implemented.

suppose I'll have to go back to smoking in the bogs then.............image
  • Options
    I think it's the same reason we weren't allowed to accept Scottish bank notes when I worked at Morrisons - people aren't familiar enough with them to tell the difference between real and a fake. Likewise, e-cigerettes, as you say do no harm, but to the untrained eye look just like the real thing. I thought it was pretty obvious.
  • Options

...These things do absolutely no harm to the user, and certainly none to anyone nearby...

I don't think that's quite the case:

"Despite some manufacturers’ claims that electronic cigarettes are harmless there is also evidence that electronic cigarettes contain toxic substances, including small amounts of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde, which are carcinogenic to humans, and that in some cases vapour contains traces of carcinogenic nitrosamines, and some toxic metals such as cadmium, nickel and lead. Although levels of these substances are much lower than those in conventional cigarettes, regular exposure over many years is likely to present some degree of health hazard, though the magnitude of this effect is difficult to estimate". Public Health England
  • Options

I noticed at half-time today, BDL made the announcement "Just to remind you, the valley is a non smoking stadium, which includes the use of e-cigarettes", just as I was happily puffing away on mine.

WTF? These things do absolutely no harm to the user, and certainly none to anyone nearby. As far as I'm aware, this isn't a legal requirement, as smoking is, but something the club has implemented.

suppose I'll have to go back to smoking in the bogs then.............image

Might as well add my two cents as a Stop Smoking Advisor and future healthcare professional.

E-cigs as they stand, are not tested for any safety, efficacy or quality. This means that no tests have been carried out on the long term effects of these things on your health, as well as others around you. Moreover, there is no normalised value of nicotine in each vape/cartridge as the manufacturer currently doesn't need to adhere to any standard; you could have an overdose of nicotine in one cartridge and a completely empty (trace nicotine) refill in your pocket.

The above, by no means, covers all of the ground regarding e-cigarettes. Luckily, there is legislation coming through to make e-cigarettes be counted as medicinal products. This means that by 2016, you will have medicinal product e-cigarettes with trial information on their safety and assurances on it's quality - no carcinogens, etc.

However, there will still be sales of unregulated e-cigarettes but they will not be able to make any claims on health benefits. In the meanwhile, read up and choose how you go forward wisely. It's your health at the end of the day.
  • Options
    There must have been about 20 fag butts on the floor in the upper north toilets after half time.
  • Options
    Will wait and see how much tax the gvt on these e-cigs. Will be interesting
  • Options
    I object strongly to people drinking pints and then disturbing my football by incoherent shouting and continual visits to the toilet. No objection to an Ecigs though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's gonna get to the stage where they will ban farting in a public place the country is a joke everyone might as well stay indoors
  • Options
    dancafc said:

It's gonna get to the stage where they will ban farting in a public place the country is a joke everyone might as well stay indoors

Not if they're gonna smoke - then they need to be outdoors.
  • Options

Sorry but I don't want kind of smoke / vapor around me or my kids wether it be real or fake.

I guess you're ok with the stench of burger and chip fat then?

• Options
    I was in the north lower for the cup match and I was disgusted at the lack of people smoking in the toilets to moan about. Come on Charlton fans, up your game!
  • Options
    Stig said:

dancafc said:

Not if they're gonna smoke - then they need to be outdoors.
    I'm on about e cigarettes I can understand if it was inside but football is an outside sport
  • Options

My wife gave up smoking 6 months ago, after 30 years. She now smokes e cigarettes (my suggestion).
    She's addicted to them now. At least they're not detrimental to your health (as far as we know).
    However, they appear to be as expensive as cigarettes (although advertised as much cheaper).
    Does anyone else smoke these & if so how do they find them cost wise ?

I find them much cheaper! Still buy my ex wife fags from time to time.and they are very expensive now
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    JaShea99 said:

I think it's the same reason we weren't allowed to accept Scottish bank notes when I worked at Morrisons - people aren't familiar enough with them to tell the difference between real and a fake. Likewise, e-cigerettes, as you say do no harm, but to the untrained eye look just like the real thing. I thought it was pretty obvious.

If all E-cigs were fitted with search lights instead of that silly blue LED, then it would be obvious to fans that they weren't the real thing. Also they could light the pitch at night games, thus cutting back on the old leccy bill and putting a few bob in the coffers for that much needed thrusting midfielder.
  • Options
    I use my e cig at half time, outside the east stand, causing no harm to no one, got told to stop using it
    by a steward at the Cardiff game, how stupid is that ! will be more discreet now.
  • Options
    No real evidence as to the non harm of passive e cigarette exposure. Until then I don't want them anywhere near me just like the real thing.