Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players you saw play for other clubs but not us

Comments

• Options
    Scot Parker on loan to Norwich.
  • Options
    I saw David Whyte play for Ipswich against us, don't recall seeing him play for Charlton
  • Options
    The recent threads on the Big Match revisited remind me that I saw Mick Kelly play for Cray Wanderers .

I suspect that this season will give me some new additions to this list .  
  • Options
    You never saw Scott play for us? 
  • Options
    Mike Walker (Watford)
    Marcus Tudgay (Sheff W)

There must be several, who played against Charlton, but I just don't remember seeing.
  • Options
    Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
  • Options
    Sean Mcginty
    Dean Chandler 

Does these count? 
  • Options
    Paul Walsh up front for Pompey away at Tranmere, on a Friday night obviously
    Paul Emblen for Brighton, during their exile at Gillingham's unflushed toilet, getting kicked all over by some strapping northern cloggers in the 4th division.
    Must have seen the turncoat Defoe play against us at The Valley but I discount him as a Charlton player cos he lost the right to that accolade by his chicuntery.  Helluva striker tho, and for so many years - bastard would have been revered in the SE7 pantheon even he'd only stayed for a season or so.
    Does Semi Ajeyi count?  Saw him floundering around once or twice for Dartford as a youngster - premier league???  You'd have been laughed out of Princes Park by all present for suggesting anything so ridiculous.
  • Options
    Omar Bogle when he was playing for Bristol Rovers yesterday. 
  • Options
    Billy Bonds, saw him for the hamsters against us in the 70's.

My brother played in the Eltham sunday league and won the Billy Bonds trophy for young player of the year, about 1976/77, for Moatbridge.
    Billy Bonds started his career there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was lucky enough to have attended the three games which has meant that I haven't seen Levitt, Inniss, Smyth, Millar or Schwartz. 

However, I have never seen them play live for anyone. 
  • Options
    Pat Terry years ago, great header of the ball.
    Sadly ended up at Millwall and or Gillingham!
  • Options
    Saw Jim Melrose play for Partick Thistle many a time in the mid to late 70's growing up in Glasgow. Didn't move down to London until '86 and didn't start start attending home games until we returned to the Valley so never got to see the legend play in a red shirt
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    I was lucky enough to have attended the three games which has meant that I haven't seen Levitt, Inniss, Smyth, Millar or Schwartz. 

I went to the MKD game only, but that did tick off a surprising number of new players in Gunter, Watson, Shinnie, Gilbey, Bogle, Washington, Famewo, Washington, nearly all of which I would have seen playing for other clubs except Famewo. Gilbey played for MKD at The Valley in November 2017 incidentally
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I went to the MKD game only, but that did tick off a surprising number of new players in Gunter, Watson, Shinnie, Gilbey, Bogle, Washington, Famewo, Washington, nearly all of which I would have seen playing for other clubs except Famewo. Gilbey played for MKD at The Valley in November 2017 incidentally
    I can add Maatsen for the AFC Wombles game as well. 
  • Options
    Guess who makes the list.

Lee bowyer 
  • Options
    Harry Arter
  • Options
    Definitely Gilbey as he played for MK Dons when they last played at The Valley and I haven't seen him live for us yet

I would say there is a high possibility of Shinnie as well

Definitely Maddison as well again seen him play for Peterborough but not seen him live for us yet
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Dick Tydeman, Peter Shaw and Colin Powell for Gillingham.

Billy Bonds for West Ham.

• Options
    Rob Lee (Newcastle) and Scott Minto (West Ham) 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy Bonds.
  • Options
    Defoe
  • Options
    You never saw Scott play for us? 
    Certainly saw Parker play for us and when he was on loan at Norwich.
    Not sure why I posted that, must have had a senior moment. 
  • Options
    John Sewell, who captained the Palace promotion team in 1969.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    Billy Bonds (West Ham) Mark Kinsella (Colchester) Derek Hales (West Ham) Paul Walsh (Liverpool) Robert Lee (Newcastle) Alan Curbishley (Brighton) Chris Powell (Crystal Palace Reserves) Clive Mendonca (Sheff Utd) and many more....
    Did you misread the thread title or did you just avoid Charlton games for decades?

How can you have seen Mendonca play for Sheff Utd but not for us, when the guy scored a hat trick in a Wembley final?
    Powell for Palace reserves (which can't have been often) but not ever in the 7-8 years he played for us?
  • Options
    Billy Bonds 
  • Options
    Lawrie Madden - for Sheff Weds
  • Options
    Probably Phil Warman for Millwall (v Brentford in 1982)
  • Options
    Andy Delort
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Dick Tydeman, Peter Shaw and Colin Powell for Gillingham.

Billy Bonds for West Ham.

Ritchie Bowman also played for the Gills around that time.