Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players you saw play for other clubs but not us

Comments

• Options
    Vic Halom for Oldham. 
    Another one I missed from my original list. 

I also saw him play for Sunderland against us. 
  • Options
    Sorry to say this but i saw that fullback play for ST Pauli many times but not for Charlton, whose name i have forgoten,help me out.
    I think I saw him play for Feyernoord but his name escapes me as well. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Sorry to say this but i saw that fullback play for ST Pauli many times but not for Charlton, whose name i have forgoten,help me out.
    I think I saw him play for Feyernoord but his name escapes me as well. 
    Cory Gibbs. 
  • Options
    Danny Shittu
  • Options
    I bet Matt Elliott is one for a lot of people. 

Not me though. I saw him play for us - along with about 1,000 others.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I bet Matt Elliott is one for a lot of people. 

Not me though. I saw him play for us - along with about 1,000 others.
    Thanks. He is another one I missed. 

I may have to delete Ledley. He may play tomorrow. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    len Glover,
    Bill Bonds
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:
    Billy Bonds (West Ham) Mark Kinsella (Colchester) Derek Hales (West Ham) Paul Walsh (Liverpool) Robert Lee (Newcastle) Alan Curbishley (Brighton) Chris Powell (Crystal Palace Reserves) Clive Mendonca (Sheff Utd) and many more....
    Really ? That’s bizarre ! Do you spend every weekend watching anyone but charlton !? 
  • Options
    Paul Walsh. Paul Elliot
  • Options
    Saw Zak Ansah play for Herne Bay today, can't recall him playing for the first team but had a squad number I'm sure. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was one of the few that can claim to have seen Matt Elliot in his one CAFC appearance at home to Northampton in the League Cup at Selhurst in 1988.

He had a mullet, looked about a stone overweight and was given a rather difficult night by the experienced Tony Adcock in a 2-1 win by the Addicks.

Was never seen again, until he dropped down to Torquay (I think), and re-emerged as a top class player in the prem some years later with Leicester, via somewhere else.

I missed seeing Paul Walsh by a few years, but saw him play at the Valley a few times for Pompey in the early 90's, when he was absolute mustard
  • Options
    Saw Zak Ansah play for Herne Bay today, can't recall him playing for the first team but had a squad number I'm sure. 
    Think he was an unused sub once. 
  • Options
    Yes, League Cup game springs to mind, took his penalty well today. Remember Elliott's mullet and immobility well, we got a bit lucky over 2 legs. Fair play to him, had a good career. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I dont think I've ever seen an ex-Charrlton player play for someone else but not us. Been racking my brains. There must be at least one, but cant think of any.

Defoe doesnt really count as he never actually played a first team game for us.
    Same here. Ditto Defoe.
  • Options
    I was one of the few that can claim to have seen Matt Elliot in his one CAFC appearance at home to Northampton in the League Cup at Selhurst in 1988.

He had a mullet, looked about a stone overweight and was given a rather difficult night by the experienced Tony Adcock in a 2-1 win by the Addicks.

Was never seen again, until he dropped down to Torquay (I think), and re-emerged as a top class player in the prem some years later with Leicester, via somewhere else.

I missed seeing Paul Walsh by a few years, but saw him play at the Valley a few times for Pompey in the early 90's, when he was absolute mustard
    That's how I remember Elliott too. Mind you, he had just come from Epsom and Ewell. Are they even a club these days? 
  • Options

Is was there too and at the away leg that we drew 0 0. Darren Pitcher made his debut and there were so few of us there that the old bill gave us a lift back to the station in one of their vans.
  • Options
    Paul Walsh
  • Options
    Frank Haydock Portsmouth at The Valley late 60s

• Options
    Simonsen said:

That's how I remember Elliott too. Mind you, he had just come from Epsom and Ewell. Are they even a club these days? 
    Still going, groundshare with Merstham?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
     Bump. 

I suspect Joe Ledley will be added to my list. 
    Not involved today, those glorious 45 minutes at Boro will surely be it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:
     Bump. 

I suspect Joe Ledley will be added to my list. 
    Not involved today, those glorious 45 minutes at Boro will surely be it!
    Indeed. 

At any other time in the last ten / fifteen years I would have been very excited had he signed for us. 

I remember he was linked with us towards the end of the Curbishley era. 
  • Options
    My first ever football match as a 10 year old was Ipswich v Blackburn in November 1993 in the Prem. Eddie Youds scored the winning goal for Ipswich in a 1 nil win. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    My first ever football match as a 10 year old was Ipswich v Blackburn in November 1993 in the Prem. Eddie Youds scored the winning goal for Ipswich in a 1 nil win. 
    And did you never see him play for Charlton?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Off_it said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    And did you never see him play for Charlton?
    Nope!
  • Options
    Joe Ledley?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Joe Ledley?
    I'll second that one.
  • Options
    Alan Pardew (Barnet), Gary Poole (Barnet), Stuart Fleetwood (Exeter) 
  • Options
    Linvoy Primus
  • Options
    Reuben Agboola
  • Options
    Reuben Agboola
    I did see his one Selhurst Park home appearance against Arsenal.

If I remember rightly he deputised for John Humphrey at right back although he was a left back by trade.