Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Who @o2

Comments

• Options
    Bitter yanks. They'll smash it when they are in their home town.
  • Options

I must be out of my brain.

On the train?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I tried not to go but relented in the end although leaving it late has now left me with a top tier and unlikely to see much. Hope the siddarn brigade are not around like one of the Who gigs before in the Excel.
  • Options
    Got my tickets, £80 was steep though!
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Got my tickets, £80 was steep though!

Agree, although can't see them touring again so may be the last chance to catch them. Mind you, i said that the last couple of times i've seen them!
  • Options
    For me in their pomp The Who were the most exciting live act ever. I am desperate to get tickets for this event as Quarophenia , along with Who's Next, remains my absolute favourite album by them and is a mile better than Tommy. Still love them, Townshend is a guitar god and Daltrey one of the best rock singers ever. What a treat
  • Options
    2nd night now confirmed for Sunday 16th
  • Options
    when do tickets go on sale for the sunday
  • Options
    I think the support band are Vintage Trouble, seen them a few times, great live band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThZZnS4Jvwc

• Options
    Just announced a further date at Wembley Arena for July 8th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    Riviera said:

If you drew a Venn Diagram of Who fans and Bruce "The Boss" (WTF?) Springsteen fans, I wouldn't have thought there would be that many in that bit where the circles overlap?

That must be me then: and Quadrophenia is my favourite The Who album, I first heard excerpts from it in an excellent "Horizon" show years ago about superconductivity! I've got my tickets for Brooooooce (I tend not to use "The Boss" either), and will check out the additional dates for (half) The Who

• Options
    I have two spares for Saturday 15th at the face value of £75 each if anyone is interested
  • Options
    Well how fantastic was that?

I must admit that I was a bit concerned that they wouldn't have been physically strong enough to carry off a capacity concert at the O2. How wrong I was!

A fantastic concert and the energy shown by Roge and Peter was simply breathtaking.
  • Options
    Went tonight and they were awesome; I hope I can be as fit as them at 68 the tributes to Moon but particularly Entwistle were moving. Loved it.
  • Options
    Next up Gary glitter and Jonathan king.
  • Options
    i always thought Quadrophenia was their best work. When it came out it always seemed to be down played Vs Tommy and other stuff. Maybe its a Mod thing ? ---we r the mods ,we r the mods we r we r we r the mods.

Showed a bar full of Yank Marines the video of Quad in about 1990 ----they were all over it. Was put on time and again.

best track ? ------Sea and sand.
  • Options
    Went both nights over the weekend and absolutely loved it. A great show put together by Roger and really a touching moment when Moon and Entwistle were spliced into the set, playing and singing from previous gigs, with Daltrey gazing up lovingly at the screens.

GH...Love Sea & Sand, as well as I've Had Enough and Love Reign, but just a really well delivered set.

Great set by Vintage Trouble on support as well. Their front-man certainly isn't lacking presence and a really good, tight band.
  • Options
    I was there last night, brilliant show but I can't understand old blokes in Parkas. I am a big fan of the mod style but some elements are for the young
  • Options
    Brilliant show. Old blokes in parkas I can take but all the people spending time talking to each other, going out for beers or whatever, texting on phones, taking endless photos, really increasingly make concert going an unpleasant experience for me. They aren't paying attention, have concentration spans of about two seconds, and break up the whole thing. I had lots of people near me who came late, some came in halfway through the set, and some who arrived just before Love Reign O'er Me - all of them made the biggest fuss of finding their seats. One lot of teenage girls arrived during the Entwhistle solo in 5.15 and faffed around in front of me finding their seats then deciding who wanted to sit next to who. They finally sat down and immediately got out their phones and started texting and taking photos. Those bright lights just in front of me distracted my eye from what was happening and continued to do so for the rest of the show. I asked them politely to stop doing it and they just ignored me. Grrr!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in the 3rd row of the first level above the floor in a sort of corner area so had to look to the left when in seat. Anyway as soon as they started everyone stood up. I've no problem with that; it's a concert for goodness sake. However 3 or 4 rows behind was some woman how apparently couldn't stand. Word was passed down "we're only standing cause you are etc" please pass on. Well you would have had to pass on to about 500 people. I really do not understand anyone getting seats for a rock concert if they are unable to stand. There are areas for disabled surely?
    Agree with Nad, the whole i-phone thing is just ridiculous. My brother had to ask the bloke next to him to put his down as he kept putting in front of my brother’s face.
    The o2 is not a great venue but it's so bloody convenient!
    On another note saw some very over excited stewards jump all over some bloke who started dancing in a gangway. Ok he was pissed but they were so over the top. Eventually he went down and they all panicked and ran away. He went out in a wheelchair but was just drunk rather than injured I reckon.

Dancing at a gig by one of the all time great Rock bands! Whatever next??
  • Options
    Saw them at Wembley Arena on Monday night. Absolutely one of the best gigs I've been to (tho it *is* one of my all-time favourite albums).

Prepared myself for crap sound (Wembley) and the sound was SPOT ON! I was in the middle behind the sounddesk though. The whole production was brilliant, the performance, the screens, effects and footage etc, and how good is their new drummer? Definitely the best gig I've seen at Wembley Arena, that's for sure.

I did also shed a tear during Love Reign O'er me! Moving stuff...

Loved the fact that the footage of Moonie during Bell Boy was from the Valley! (Can't remember which gig, but have a bootleg DVD with it on somewhere!)

Cracking night.
  • Options
    Announced their 50 year tour today, playing the O2 on Dec 17th. They're on pre-sale at the moment if you join the fan club. O2 priority customers can purchase from 4th July. Just bought mine and most of the floor area is gone and the 1st tier seems to be going that way too.
  • Options
    Who?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I prefer Daltrey's new band ;-)

• Options

Announced their 50 year tour today, playing the O2 on Dec 17th. They're on pre-sale at the moment if you join the fan club. O2 priority customers can purchase from 4th July. Just bought mine and most of the floor area is gone and the 1st tier seems to be going that way too.

How much are tickets at the moment ?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

I bought 2 for just over £200 but £35 of that was the fan club registration in order to access the pre sale.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

I bought 2 for just over £200 but £35 of that was the fan club registration in order to access the pre sale.
    How times change.........................

• Options

sammy391 said:

How times change.........................

It sure is a lot of money for a concert but actually think this will be the last chance I'll get to see them. They've said this will be their last tour, although they'll probably pop up for the odd one off now and again.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up on this....I also joined the fan club to get my tickets. I'm not wishing my life away but really looking forward to this gig. I just hope they are as good as they were for Quadrophenia.