Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Who @o2

Comments

• Options
    8.75 service charge? what a piss take.
  • Options
    There's something about these service charges I can't explain.
  • Options
    I just bought myself a single ticket in level 1 as I didnt want to go up any higher and they were only single seats left. So i shall be sitting on my tod!
  • Options
    You even have to pay these charges if you turn up in person at the ticket office. The woman said its for postage and packing and I said there is none cos I am here. She then said but here you can choose your seats and I said you can do that on line. She then said that its the policy of Ticketmaster and we're only selling them on their behalf. What amazes me though is the fact that the dearer the ticket,the more the charges and they do exactly tht same job if a tkt is £50 or the tkt is £80
  • Options
    B, I've got 2 tickets for me and my wife. I'll have a word with her tonight but she's probably only coming to keep me happy! If you could get rid of your ticket you're more than welcome to sit next to me (keep your hands to yourself though)
  • Options
    Ive made a mistake i think. I should have got two myself.
  • Options
    WIZZO1952 said:

You even have to pay these charges if you turn up in person at the ticket office. The woman said its for postage and packing and I said there is none cos I am here. She then said but here you can choose your seats and I said you can do that on line. She then said that its the policy of Ticketmaster and we're only selling them on their behalf. What amazes me though is the fact that the dearer the ticket,the more the charges and they do exactly tht same job if a tkt is £50 or the tkt is £80

Dick Turpin would have been proud of them.
  • Options
    WIZZO1952 said:

It's just a commission percentage. Bit like moaning about VAT being more on an expensive TV compared to a cheap 1. Both do the same thing but you end up paying more.

I can never understand moaning about the service charge. Don't like it then don't buy a ticket. At least they are honest enough to say, we are taking this much from you rather than hiding stuff away in multiple different fees.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I can never understand moaning about the service charge. Don't like it then don't buy a ticket. At least they are honest enough to say, we are taking this much from you rather than hiding stuff away in multiple different fees.

Maybe they should give you the option not to pay, like in a restaurant?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

colthe3rd said:

Not sure that would be a good business model for the ticket agencies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Riviera said:

colthe3rd said:

But I think the problem here is actually buying from the venue.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Riviera said:

colthe3rd said:

I was kinda.....joking?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Did The Who ever play any football stadia????? ;-)

Yeah The Valley '72 & '74, me old man grew up in harvey gardens and saw em sound check n all the days leading up to both and then sneaked in to both of em, dragging him along to the 02 show hopefully, mods young n old ha

• Options
    Got mine this morning on the O2 priority. Bit of a mare as they don't open up all the blocks, so the choice is pretty limited. Ended up with Block 419, Row B (about half way down on the right, upper level). Will look again on full release to see if any better available. If so, I'll happily offer these two at cost (£162.75 includes "convenience fees" and postage...real tickets, not print-outs).

A lad in work is a huge fan. He's off to the States in 3 weeks to see them in Atlantic City and has his tickets, through the fan club for ALL the UK dates already. He has multiple memberships to allow him to get tickets for every night! He has been told that the Sunday should be added shortly at The O2 as well.
  • Options

saw them at Wembley Arena about 10 years ago................Joe Strummer as support.

I was there, too. Great night. We'd just beaten Chelsea, too, so it was a great week, all things considered.

• Options
    Yes one of my mates who is simply Who mad said another date will definately be added.
    Tip on using o2 priority. If you select say 4 seats on level 1 and it says not available, change number of tickets or seat posistion, DON'T! Just ask again and again for what you want as they are adding seats all the time.
    Tip on going to the o2, don't bother with the upper level unless you're absolutely desperate.
  • Options
    Cheers Riviera. The options on priority were only in the back corner blocks or the upper tier from middle backwards. Wouldn't normally go there, but managed the 2nd row, so hopefully not too bad.

Also on O2 priority...on the day, you can access the O2 VIP lounge and if you text UPGRADE2 to 60202 (2 being the number in your party, up to 4) you can get two-for-one cocktails and a free cloakroom (Subject to availability).
  • Options
    Cheers.
  • Options
    AGHHHHHHH - just realised this clashes with Bruce Springsteen at Wembley - for f***k's sake
  • Options
    If you drew a Venn Diagram of Who fans and Bruce "The Boss" (WTF?) Springsteen fans, I wouldn't have thought there would be that many in that bit where the circles overlap?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

AGHHHHHHH - just realised this clashes with Bruce Springsteen at Wembley - for f***k's sake

calm down redman!! you can do both if you want to...Sunday date to be added for The Who shortly!! ;-)
  • Options
    There'll be a sunday show
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Yes one of my mates who is simply Who mad said another date will definately be added.
    Tip on using o2 priority. If you select say 4 seats on level 1 and it says not available, change number of tickets or seat posistion, DON'T! Just ask again and again for what you want as they are adding seats all the time.
    Tip on going to the o2, don't bother with the upper level unless you're absolutely desperate.

thanks, so i got a seat alone on level 1 for refusing to go up to the gods. actually i did change the number of seats. it didnt work.

• Options
    I said DON'T change number of seats. I wanted four, I just kept trying for 4 without changing and in the end got 4.
  • Options
    no you said, if it says not available, change number of tickets or seat position,

I tried 5 times anyway, it didnt change.
  • Options
    I didn't, honest. Look above.
  • Options
    To be fair, I think they have a way of seeing how you are ordering. This has come up before on travel sites that the site can detect whether you are ordering from an Apple, a PC or a phone and it offers certain tickets.

I wanted 2 tickets. Logged on to my O2 priority site on phone, ipad and work laptop and the latter came up with no tickets available at all on any level. The phone and ipad both offered seats either on level 1, at the back, in the corners, or on the upper level about halfway to stage. I kept it at 2 seats all the time, but the choice was pretty much restricted to those two areas.

I suspect a few more blocks will be available when they go on general sale, but looking at the band's own website, the premium/vip packages are bloody expensive - although about the same as a Rolling Stones basic ticket! - and take up the floor seat blocks.

Sounds like a good few of us will be there anyway...I'd better get my O2 upgrade early, or there'll be no free cocktails!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Got tickets today and cant wait. One of my favourite bands and quadrophenia my favourite film even though both before my time so well pleased.

• Options
    Going to see the show in USA next week, and have tickets for O2 as well !

I must be out of my brain.