Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mark Clattenburg

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

Part of the problem for me is the fact the refs can't say after the game - sorry I made a mistake! Because they don't they come over as arrogant. If he misses the foul and says sorry - I was close but my angle didn't show the contact etc... the whole issue is largely closed.

I won't have the foggiest idea why I shouldn't trust him.

;)

• Options
    The so called pundits are often criticising referees for not giving a decision for a leg breaking assault by one player on another, or not seeing it or something, but when it comes to commenting on the foul play by their ex colleagues they are amazingly tolerant.
    Punditry is a tired and sour format that has long ago had it's day, but people like Danny Mills and Danny Murphy get paid shedloads for talking chite.
  • Options
    There's nothing to put up jimmy I personally think that there is more too him than meets the eye, and I won't be surprised with anything that cones out
  • Options
    Just seen on sky sports news, has made some seriously concerning comments about female referees having to choose between getting pregnant and having children and refereeing at the top level. The comments attributed to him were straight from the 1950’s. I am totally staggered that someone who must possess a certain amount of intelligence would a) be so narrow minded and b) be so out of touch with the modern world to give public voice to this
  • Options
    It's shocking that he makes such binary presumptions.
  • Options
    It is is straight out of the corporate operating manual of 1970. I worked as an Accredited Union Rep for a decade in Equal Opportunities for a high street bank. In 1975 the Yorkshire Region had not one female bank manager. It had one female junior appointed officer.

If you were female you couldn’t possibly have a career and a family. Well certainly not in Yorkshire. Still women could retire on full pension age 55 and there was a Women’s & Orphans Fund to which only male employees were required to make mandatory contributions.

• Options
    Just seen on sky sports news, has made some seriously concerning comments about female referees having to choose between getting pregnant and having children and refereeing at the top level. The comments attributed to him were straight from the 1950’s. I am totally staggered that someone who must possess a certain amount of intelligence would a) be so narrow minded and b) be so out of touch with the modern world to give public voice to this
    I thought it a bit more nuanced. In effect saying ( albeit in a clumsy way) that if a woman chooses to have children to some degree or other it will likely impact on their career