Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Clattenburg

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Surely if you spend a shitload of coin on getting a hair transplant you would use something better than a bowl to cut it?
  • Something about him I will never trust

His decision-making?
  • Just watching Motd2 he has one crappy haircut, looks like a right Noddy

His decision-making?
    But why he makes them is the key
  • Never a penalty in a millions years... but that makes up for the dozen or so key decisions that he has cost Spurs points over the years.

(Seriously, how on earth could he even give that!?)
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Never a penalty in a millions years... but that makes up for the dozen or so key decisions that he has cost Spurs points over the years.

(Seriously, how on earth could he even give that!?)

More often than not he leaves himself open for this question, such a dubious bstd
  • God even as a fellow Charlton fan I must say you lot are talking garbage. I referee football also and I can say Clattenburg is the best referee in the country. Yes he got the pen decision wrong yesterday but he is always a referee who gets most things right. He is representing England at the Euro's in the summer and that is because he is a top referee and UEFA think the same!

I would choose him to referee every Charlton game if I could and he is a referee who is strong and doesn't back off making big decisions!
  • Nope sorry something about Mr C that doesn't sit straight with me.
  • Being endorsed by fifa and uefa is not really a badge of honesty and honour
  • Sponsored links:

• He's a shit ref, gets nearly all the big decisions wrong, and has an arrogance to him
  • He's an attention seeking cockwomble, who thinks fans pay to watch him rather than the players.

There are much better refs in the premier league that get on with the job and try not to get noticed. Anthony Taylor and Craig Pawson to name a couple.
  • Never mind, we will have much better refs next season in League 1 ;)
  • E-cafc said:

Never mind, we will have much better refs next season in League 1 ;)

Know your being sarcastic but they'll be the same idiots we're getting every week at the moment

Fair enough the Premier League has a different governing body to the Football League (Same with the National League) yet to have a Referee who one week could be in charge of a League Two game and then Championship match the next is just a joke.

Referees need to classed as per each Division and thats where they remain for the season... The three that make the wrong decisions most often are at risk of being relegated down to the next tier whilst the best three can get promoted and so forth
  • Nope sorry something about Mr C that doesn't sit straight with me.

• So, yesterday, Leicester v Arsenal, in the last few minutes. An Arsenal player clearly brings down a Leicester player for a penalty & Clattenberg, with an almost perfect view, didn't give it. I wasn't surprised.

Also, Man U got a penalty on Friday when Shaw tripped himself up, either accidentally or deliberately.

Top teams get the big decisions ? In my opinion they get more than their fare share.
  • Awful decision yesterday, clear pen for me.

Did really well in the champions league final though.
  • So, yesterday, Leicester v Arsenal, in the last few minutes. An Arsenal player clearly brings down a Leicester player for a penalty & Clattenberg, with an almost perfect view, didn't give it. I wasn't surprised.

Also, Man U got a penalty on Friday when Shaw tripped himself up, either accidentally or deliberately.

Top teams get the big decisions ? In my opinion they get more than their fare share.

Only watched the first half, thought the one where Drinkwater went down just before half time was a valid shout. Cant comment on the second half one though.
  • edited August 2016
    Yes, considering where he was it was a truly awful decision.
  • edited August 2016
    So Mark Clattenberg gets all the best gigs for a Ref.
    Yet 3 Spurs players should of been sent off on the yellow card rule
    in the match against Chelsea at the end of last season
    In the cup final he didn't allow the advantage rule(hooray)
    which could've cost a team from Surrey 2 goals.
    He is consistent because he didn't send Coquelin off for a nailed on second Yellow.
  • Sponsored links:

• The truth will come out one day about him I am sure

He's palace?
  • Yep a total stripey cnut

Special Branch files?

Only if there's a whistle blower.
  • Addickted said:

The truth will come out one day about him I am sure

Special Branch files?

Reckon he is on the watch list

The truth will come out one day about him I am sure

Only if there's a whistle blower.
    He will slip up in the end
  • Part of the problem for me is the fact the refs can't say after the game - sorry I made a mistake! Because they don't they come over as arrogant. If he misses the foul and says sorry - I was close but my angle didn't show the contact etc... the whole issue is largely closed.
  • edited September 2016
    Manchester derby has been entertaining today.
    One question about Clattenburg though:
    Is it just me or does he always seem to be spoiling for a fight with players?
    It seems that every match he referees, he has at least one almighty row with one or more players. Can't say I've noticed this about any other ref.
  • Part of the problem for me is the fact the refs can't say after the game - sorry I made a mistake! Because they don't they come over as arrogant. If he misses the foul and says sorry - I was close but my angle didn't show the contact etc... the whole issue is largely closed.

I think the biggest problem is treating the ref as an enemy. It's literally an impossible job. There will always be decisions that can't be 100% agreed upon. Not only do fans do it, but players see referees as annother opponent to contend with so they're constantly trying to cheat them into making the wrong decision, which is what we subsequently blame the referee for.

Until there is honour in football there will always be scapegoats like Clattenberg. At least until NLA puts up, I won't have the foggiest idea why I shouldn't trust him.