Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am i the only one who thinks hulse is usless?

Comments

• Options
    And he wins lots of headers!

Other than that, a really good point.....
  • Options
    Hulse is a good player at what he does, holding up the ball and bringing others into play. Unfortunately the others who he brings into play more often than not lose or squander possession. Those around him are uncreative and wasteful. This reflects very badly on Hulse who does well in most games. He would get more credit in a more creative team than ours. He is doing what he is supposed to be doing, the others are not.
  • Options
    Hulse has a one in three goal ratio, not too bad. As a target man he does a good job, think we would see more of him if we played with more width to give him better service. Bring back Green or Wagstaffe and lets see what happens.
  • Options
    His finishing may not be there for now but Christ almighty he gets in positions that others don't even think about.
  • Options

Hulse is a good player at what he does, holding up the ball and bringing others into play. Unfortunately the others who he brings into play more often than not lose or squander possession. Those around him are uncreative and wasteful. This reflects very badly on Hulse who does well in most games. He would get more credit in a more creative team than ours. He is doing what he is supposed to be doing, the others are not.

Hulse has a one in three goal ratio, not too bad. As a target man he does a good job, think we would see more of him if we played with more width to give him better service. Bring back Green or Wagstaffe and lets see what happens.

• Options
    I'm not convinced BWP is clinical enough for this division and I'm a fan of his.
  • Options
    It's about opinion of course but anyone who thinks Hulse is useless ain't got a scooby about football. That's my humble opinion.
  • Options

It's about opinion of course but anyone who thinks Hulse is useless ain't got a scooby about football. That's my humble opinion.

And mine too.

• Options
    He's awful. He's not even a good target man because of lack of strength. He's appalling on the ground and finishes like a centre half. I'd send him back to QPR and stick with what we have.
  • Options
    TeeC said:

He's awful. He's not even a good target man because of lack of strength. He's appalling on the ground and finishes like a centre half. I'd send him back to QPR and stick with what we have.

Fortunately SCP is in charge and not you.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    TeeC said:

Let's also give back the goals and assists he has provided and we'll be finding ourselves a minimum of four points fewer and one game away from potentially falling into the bottom three.
  • Options
    Where's this "he's an awful finisher" come from? I've not been to every game but the ones I have I don't remember him missing chance after chance?
  • Options
    He has missed a couple of sitters (only Wolves and maybe one against Ipswich ring a bell), but the goals he has scored have all been very good finishes.
  • Options
    TeeC said:

You should go to the games mate. You might change your mind.

• Options

I know about football thank you im just dont see what other fans see in him thats all. I have be a season ticket holder for 18 years and have be to many many away games as well. But as you point out everyone has a differnet view on players
  • Options
    In answer to the OP, it would appear not, but I'm gladdened to see that a lot of people can see Hulse for his worth. I'd hate to see him go.
    I do wish people could see the same in Green, yes, I know about all his supposed shortcomings, but he is one of the few clever players we have, with a good pair of feet and the ability to offer something that isn't entirely predictable.
    I'd hate to see him go too...
  • Options
    Don't like Hulse. Would rather have someone like Messi or Van Persie.
  • Options
    Don't like messi or Van Persie . Would rather have someone like Pele or Maradonna .
  • Options
    May have been good a few years ago, but well past his sell by date. I remember his terrible miss against Huddersfield, Danny Green put over a perfect centre only for him to head straight at their keeper from point blank range cost us 2 points. Harry Redknapp wont want him back. Would rather see Bradley Wright-Phillips playing!
  • Options

May have been good a few years ago, but well past his sell by date. I remember his terrible miss against Huddersfield, Danny Green put over a perfect centre only for him to head straight at their keeper from point blank range cost us 2 points. Harry Redknapp wont want him back. Would rather see Bradley Wright-Phillips playing!

Yet Hulse has 4 goals for us and BWP has 1 this season...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And BWP has played 986 mins & Hulse 968 mins this season according to the stats.
    In yer face Jensenwasclass :-)
  • Options
    Hulse has the signs of what Fuller has, a striker approaching the end of his career. Not the force he once was....He has hit 33 now and unfortunatley when strikers get old they are never as good as they were.
  • Options
    I don't think people get that we're a lower mid table side. Hulse scores 1 in 3-4 games and for the level we're at this season, that's invaluable. We're not running away with the league this year so can't expect 20-goal-per-season forwards. He also holds the ball up much better than any other at the club.

I thought by his standards he had a poor game against Ipswich but those who point out that he doesn't make runs, have a look at Stig's video of the build-up to the penalty award. He does make runs, all game.
  • Options
    Agree with Callumcafc and others that in essence i think, he gives the team shape. Call it holding the ball up or acting as target man but essentially he is a reliable footballer to have in any formation that CP wants to deploy
  • Options
    If he's available ( and I expect Redknapp will recall D.J. Campbell, rather than Hulse ), I think we should try and retain him on a short term basis, not least because all our other forwards are either injury prone or unproven at this level.
  • Options
    Is he available for the Watford game?
  • Options
    Hulse in his style of play reminds a little bit of Benson.
  • Options
    Hulse has nothing.

He's got the baggiest touch in our entire squad, barely wins anything in the air (despite his size) and destroys the momentum from every piece of play he involves himself in. The few times he manages to find a team mate with his head or a simple pass (the type of stuff that, say, fuller would do in his sleep), I find myself amazed, thinking 'maybe he's not so crap after all'... until he ruins the next attacking move and I come to my senses.

Some of the the exchanges between Kermorgant and Haynes against Derby were fantastic - think the time Kermo played Haynes into space with a wonderful side flick...Haynes using his lightning pace to find a yard. Now imagine Hulse involved, lumbering around, mis-controlling it, slowing down the play.

What really astounds me is that I often hear people make comments about how hard Hulse works, when I most of the time he just stands around watching defenders pass out from the back. These same people would brand BWP as lazy, despite working his socks off nearly every time he plays. I'm convinced people make instant judgements about what 'sort' of player someone is, and this preconceived idea influences their assessment forever more.

Hulse - Tall English journeyman from the Premier League:
    Must be a hardworking, faithful, reliable, good 'old fashioned' target man.

BWP - Famous Dad, a bit of a 'name', shorter, younger:
    Must be a bit arrogant, bad attitude, lazy, unreliable.
  • Options

Hulse has nothing.

He's got the baggiest touch in our entire squad, barely wins anything in the air (despite his size) and destroys the momentum from every piece of play he involves himself in. The few times he manages to find a team mate with his head or a simple pass (the type of stuff that, say, fuller would do in his sleep), I find myself amazed, thinking 'maybe he's not so crap after all'... until he ruins the next attacking move and I come to my senses.

Some of the the exchanges between Kermorgant and Haynes against Derby were fantastic - think the time Kermo played Haynes into space with a wonderful side flick...Haynes using his lightning pace to find a yard. Now imagine Hulse involved, lumbering around, mis-controlling it, slowing down the play.

What really astounds me is that I often hear people make comments about how hard Hulse works, when I most of the time he just stands around watching defenders pass out from the back. These same people would brand BWP as lazy, despite working his socks off nearly every time he plays. I'm convinced people make instant judgements about what 'sort' of player someone is, and this preconceived idea influences their assessment forever more.

Hulse - Tall English journeyman from the Premier League:
    Must be a hardworking, faithful, reliable, good 'old fashioned' target man.

BWP - Famous Dad, a bit of a 'name', shorter, younger:
    Must be a bit arrogant, bad attitude, lazy, unreliable.

I disagree with the whole 'he has nothing' thing, but I think you make a great point about the preconceived ideas. I think we're seeing a little bit of that creep in with Frimpong from some of our fans recently - "Dench", "only on loan", "got a high profile" = must be arrogant, lazy etc.
  • Options
    @cafctom We'll have to agree to disagree on Hulse - I think he's awful.

Regarding the preconceived ideas thing: Difficult subject, but I try not to believe that race sometimes plays a part in the way other fans form ideas about players. I really hope it doesn't - but sometimes I'm not so sure.