Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am i the only one who thinks hulse is usless?

I just dont rate him at all and i dont see what other charlton fans see in him. I think he is to slow and miss so many chances in front of goal and i hope that we dont sign as i would rather have chris woods who is on loan at millwall.

Comments

• Options
    i agree. good in the air but useless on the floor.
  • Options
    who else can we slag off tonight?
  • Options
    I think we'd all rather have Chris Wood. Unfortunately is is valued at over a million quid.
  • Options
    To be fair i never like him from day one and was just saying i dont see what people see in him that was all
  • Options
    HOPLESS
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    He's a great target man at this level and the best we'll be able to get with the money we (don't) have. If we've got money coming in January then great, we can get someone a bit better. I still would like to extend his loan though as he knows what this division is all about.

The guy has a great record in the Championship, scoring a goal in every 3 or 4 games. He also holds the ball up well and gains us vital territory home and away.

He had a bit of stinker today, as did everyone. Still prefer him to Yann, sorry.
  • Options
    That is the only down side with woods is his price tag lets hope that we could get some money in maybe?
  • Options

who else can we slag off tonight?

We seem to slag off the ones who play and claim Powell is useless for not playing the ones who don't. I'm waiting for a thread about bringing back BWP and one titled 'John Sullivan: The missing piece?'
  • Options
    I want brad back tbh. Worked well with Yann last year so why did we change that instantly this year?
  • Options
    I have no problem with powell. We need a left and right winger and a striker and i think we will ok
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    I've said it once and i'll say it again, he is a much better option than yann
  • Options
    I said a couple of weeks ago that I just didn't get it with Hulse and got some abuse. Glad others are coming round to the view too. He's crap in the air and doesn't finish well. Sorry. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    I would play yan and haynes up front as i think yan will hold it up and knock in on to haynes as he has good speed finish well
  • Options
    SuperYann said:

I want brad back tbh. Worked well with Yann last year so why did we change that instantly this year?

I think it was the 1 goal in something like 13 games that did it
  • Options
    Why Chris Wood? I'd rather we signed Messi tbh
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I just dont rate him at all and i dont see what other charlton fans see in him. I think he is to slow and miss so many chances in front of goal and i hope that we dont sign as i would rather have chris woods who is on loan at millwall.

what makes you think that we can afford Wood & that he wants to come to the Valley? ... I'm sure Powell has a list of strikers he'd sooner have rather than Hulse .. but Hulse is available and presumably comes @ the right price. (b t w, Leicester have had a million pound bid for Wood turned down by WBA)
  • Options
    He is not frightened to get stuck-in.
    His hold-up play is OK
    His positional awareness is VG

His attitude seems perfect, looks like a "tryer"

Compare this to BWP.
  • Options

what makes you think that we can afford Wood & that he wants to come to the Valley? ... I'm sure Powell has a list of strikers he'd sooner have rather than Hulse .. but Hulse is available and presumably comes @ the right price.
    I said if we could afford him and your right i dont know if he would come to us but just because hulse is available does not mean he is the right player for us. I know everyone has a differnet view on player thats all im saying
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Nah you're not the only one, my Dad doesn't shut up about how bad he thinks he is.

I don't think he's the answer to our problems but he is better than what we've got at the moment so I am happy with him up top for the time being.

I hope we get him on a season long loan in January but I wouldn't like him for any longer than that.
  • Options
    Hulse has a better football brain than BWP in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think bwp will be sold in the window as he is out of contract in the summer and this league is a step to far for him
  • Options

what makes you think that we can afford Wood & that he wants to come to the Valley? ... I'm sure Powell has a list of strikers he'd sooner have rather than Hulse .. but Hulse is available and presumably comes @ the right price.
    I said if we could afford him and your right i dont know if he would come to us but just because hulse is available does not mean he is the right player for us. I know everyone has a differnet view on player thats all im saying
    fair enough
  • Options

fair enough
    I was not have ago at you and i think must charlton are on the some wave length as look as we stay up ill be over the moon
  • Options
    Not by a long way was Hulse responsible for todays defeat. He may not be perfect but there are quite a few who were out there today who are more deserving of this thread
  • Options
    Think Hulse is a better option than Yann. You can't moan at the chances he misses as he barely gets one chance a game. If he was getting five or six and ballsing them up then fair enough but he isn't. His hold up play is good and the tem would be worse iout him
  • Options
    I never said he was the blame for 2day he did miss a sitter when he was 6 yards out all he need to do was threw a leg at it. I agree there where worst player out there today seabourne being one of them
  • Options
    How can anyone say Hulse is useless?

What part of playing football do they not understand?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

How can anyone say Hulse is useless?

What part of playing football do they not understand?

I under stand football thank you are people not aloud a differnt view on things?
  • Options
    Best forward we have at the club at the moment. Not sure what that says.