Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Am i the only one who thinks hulse is usless?

Comments

• Options
    He's not useless, he's good at what he does. If the team is set up to play differently or are not told to play to his strengths then he's going to look poor as nearly all players do.
  • Options

I never said he was the blame for 2day he did miss a sitter when he was 6 yards out all he need to do was threw a leg at it. I agree there where worst player out there today seabourne being one of them

Fair do's. I think he adds more to the play than other options. I'm in the same camp as large regarding his abilities. Strangely enough last season BWP went through his long spell without a goal when he spurned numerous chances. At that time many supporters called for him to retain his place through loyalty for his earlier goals and on the basis that he would eventually come good. Hulse wont come good in the BWP sense but he hill continue to hold up the ball and create chances for others
  • Options
    It's all Wilsons fault. When he joined the slagging brigade rubbed their hands together. He ruined everything by playing well. So, we need to look elsewhere. However, we certainly shouldn't look at the frontline. They get no decent service and have to feed on scraps. Need to look elsewhere I think!
  • Options
    Agree with WSS, biggest let down for me is Fuller, he puts his head down never looks up one trick pony.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

How can anyone say Hulse is useless?

What part of playing football do they not understand?

I under stand football thank you are people not aloud a differnt view on things?
    You can have your opinion - but why not really watch the player, see how he moves, creates space, makes himself available and his use of the ball - and understand the value he brings to the team?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

How can anyone say Hulse is useless?

What part of playing football do they not understand?

I under stand football thank you are people not aloud a differnt view on things?
    You can have your opinion - but why not really watch the player, see how he moves, creates space, makes himself available and his use of the ball - and understand the value he brings to the team?
    I do watch the player and how they move around but i feel that we wont agree on every player that playes for charlton
  • Options
    I can't understand for the life of me why him and Haynes was working up top but we had to change it. The front two now are so static it's easy to defend
  • Options
    Yep says it all Powelly started to beieve his own hype.
  • Options
    I personally thought he was awful today. For a tall man, he doesn't win many headers at all. His hold-up play is decent, I'll give him that.

Not the worst we've had...but definitely not the best we've got.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are some stupid threads started in the last 5 hours. Is someone on the windup ?
  • Options

There are some stupid threads started in the last 5 hours. Is someone on the windup ?

Im not winding any one up i was just asking questions about hulse thats all
  • Options
    Why is this a stupid thread. Hulse divides opinion. Fair topic for discussion.
  • Options
    It's not the most stupid today but its up there.
  • Options
    I havent even read the whole thread but seriously how can you even begin to compare hulse and wood.

One is 33 and the other is 21. Both completely different strikers.

We have got hulse in on loan and he has been one of our better players and was one of our better players today
  • Options

He is a happy clapper who can't stand a bit if negativity
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    STARTING XI:

with (just) Kermo: W2 D2 L5 (8/27 pts)
    with (just) Hulse: W3 D4 L2 (13/27 pts)

with neither: W2 D1 L2 (7/15 pts)
    with both: W0 D1 L0 (1/3 pts)
  • Options
    Mike said:

He is a happy clapper who can't stand a bit if negativity
    Theres plenty of misery in the world already, Charlton Life doesn't have to join the
    queque.

• Options

I've said it once and i'll say it again, he is a much better option than yann

Don't agree, Hulse had a couple of decent performances away but i would take Yann all day long
  • Options

I think bwp will be sold in the window as he is out of contract in the summer and this league is a step to far for him

You say that but he hasn't been given a chance.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Holds the ball up well" = "Doesn't score very often"

Would be great to find a more mobile and less one dimensional front 2 pairing
  • Options
    A lot of opinions on players on here seem to be very black or white - "he's useless/awful" or "he's brilliant" (that one rarely comes up).

Hulse for me is OK. Not a world beater, but by no means a useless. Perfect for Charlton at this level really, because that pretty much sums up our standing within this league.
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I think bwp will be sold in the window as he is out of contract in the summer and this league is a step to far for him

You say that but he hasn't been given a chance.

Apart from his 16 appearances this season, you mean? http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=39634

BWP has had plenty of chances this season and hasn't been much of a threat at this level.

"Holds the ball up well" = "Doesn't score very often"

Would be great to find a more mobile and less one dimensional front 2 pairing

How many mobile and skilful strikers that can hold up the ball play at this level?

He's scored a few goals for us but recently we've created very few chances for him.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Useless compared to? Van Persie or Pawel Abbott? Neither actually because all things are relative. At Championship level he is more than useful and probably in the same league as Carlo, somebody else who divided opinion but who was highly thought of by his fellow pro's if you don't believe me just ask Walshie! It Depends what you expect at this level; an out and out poacher like Austin of Burnley or hold up man like Zigic of Brum because the all rounder plays Premiership/Champions League! Hulse was instrumental in the run of 7 unbeaten especially away from home which I witnessed, he's not the future but we would be worse off without him at present IMHO.
  • Options

Useless compared to? Van Persie or Pawel Abbott? Neither actually because all things are relative. At Championship level he is more than useful and probably in the same league as Carlo, somebody else who divided opinion but who was highly thought of by his fellow pro's if you don't believe me just ask Walshie! It Depends what you expect at this level; an out and out poacher like Austin of Burnley or hold up man like Zigic of Brum because the all rounder plays Premiership/Champions League! Hulse was instrumental in the run of 7 unbeaten especially away from home which I witnessed, he's not the future but we would be worse off without him at present IMHO.

Correct. Decent player who has been well coached in his time at Crewe and had a long while out with a serious career threatening injury. Gives it everything he's got too.
  • Options
    Think Hulse is poor. Does not win headers and movement is non existent. He was terrible yesterday.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

Think Hulse is poor. Does not win headers and movement is non existent. He was terrible yesterday.

But that's not the style of forward he is so how can he be said to be poor if he's being used wrongly? I take it you would think Messi was poor if Barca started playing him up front on his own and hoofed the ball up high? Horses for courses. He's a decent player at this level, and certainly good enough for us at this time.

• Options
    He's no goal scorer but then he never has been, I like him at this level he does his job well but he needs a decent midfield playing with him.
  • Options
    Good player. To those saying he never wins a header, you must be blind or biased. Try telling that to Danny Shittu. Mind you those people probably don't go to away games, but we have to accept their opinions as valid.
  • Options
    cs1986 said:

I suggest you actually watch the game next time you go because that's not true at all . He makes runs all the time. It's not his fault we have nobody with the ability to see the pass.